IGNORED

Back From The Den

headhunter

Got back to Bristol at 7.30 PM - left on final whistle as, like very few, got a ticket amongst their lot.

We do OK but didn't really sparkle.

McAllister looked like he'd never been away coming in for the injured Carey and, once again, the defence was our strong point.

I thought Russell did OK, Johnson likewise.

Wilson & Betsy - lightweight and in no way capable of cutting it at the higer level should we get there. It is a travesty that promotion will mean we have to give Wycombe another £100k making £250k in all. Won a few free kicks maybe but out of his depth and so easy to knock off the ball. Wilson had a better 2nd half but in the first 45 I don't think he got one clean touch on the ball.

Noble - so good at holding on to the ball, perhaps too long on some occasions. My MOM.

Showumni - did OK with little support.

They had their chances but so did we and the keepers save from McCombe's header was top drawer.

Jevons - his weak shot just before the end summed up my abject disappointment in him this season.

It is in our hands and this game promises to be as tense as the final game of 64/65 when City clinched promotion on the final day of the season on goal difference

Got back to Bristol at 7.30 PM - left on final whistle as, like very few, got a ticket amongst their lot.

McAllister looked like he'd never been away coming in for the injured Carey and, once again, the defence was our strong point.

Wilson & Betsy - lightweight and in no way capable of cutting it at the higer level should we get there. It is a travesty that promotion will mean we have to give Wycombe another £100k making £250k in all. Won a few free kicks maybe but out of his depth and so easy to knock off the ball. Wilson had a better 2nd half but in the first 45 I don't think he got one clean touch on the ball.

Noble - so good at holding on to the ball, perhaps too long on some occasions. My MOM.

Great post

I went as well and i must admit we never looked like scoring and I thought it was a dire performance given a ticket to championship foot ball was on the table.

Wheres the Passion!!!!!

i really don't like this 4 4 -1-1 stuff

good old 4-4 ###### 2 if you ask me.!!!!!

I went as well and i must admit we never looked like scoring and I thought it was a dire performance given a ticket to championship foot ball was on the table.

Wheres the Passion!!!!!

i really don't like this 4 4 -1-1 stuff

good old 4-4 ###### 2 if you ask me.!!!!!

Spot on mate. Ive just got back now and we were awful. Keeper made a superb save from mcombe and how noble and jevons missed their one on ones, well, only they'll know.

Had a great day drinking in covent garden and victoria, just a shame the football spoiled it. Oh well, promotion next week instead!!

Spot on mate. Ive just got back now and we were awful. Keeper made a superb save from mcombe and how noble and jevons missed their one on ones, well, only they'll know.

Had a great day drinking in covent garden and victoria, just a shame the football spoiled it. Oh well, promotion next week instead!!

I infiltrated the Millwall end too....£26!!

I thought Bassos handling(or lack of it!) showed that he wont be playing for us next season!

Betsy is a waste of space, too lightweight and poor output!

Noble looked quality but Showinmi was anonymous....and Fontaine was shocking on the ball as usual...whats wrong with playing Keough!!?

Showumni - did OK with little support.

They had their chances but so did we and the keepers save from McCombe's header was top drawer.

Jevons - his weak shot just before the end summed up my abject disappointment in him this season.

It is in our hands and this game promises to be as tense as the final game of 64/65 when City clinched promotion on the final day of the season on goal difference

sorry but don't agree, thought even with the extra man we were 2nd best in midfield all day long.

Betsy isn't good enough (left or right) - i think those wycombe performances against chelsea were a one (or two off). We miss Murray (only when he's unfit you realise how much)

Wilson didnt do anything of note today. Average player, could be a good right back for the CITY if we are in the championship next year

Johnson and russell did not get on ther ball and make things happen. Both were quite quiet, especially russell. My midfield selection changes week in week out. I don't know what are best formation is. I suppose thats why GJ is paid more than me

Noble did ok but nothing there was nothing ahead of him. When he picks the ball up in that position he's great at getting the ball out of his feet and setting things up. today though he had nothing wide and enoch was never in a good position directly in front of him (i feel a bit sorry for him in ways) He will look at his best with 2 strikers ahead of him and a ball winner behind him doing the ugly things

Enoch - poor...

Overall a poor display when there was such a big prize in grasp,

We now have to go through the agony of that Rotherham game

Still this is just a one match review - we know we are better and can do MUCH BETTER. a'la Carlise 2nd half

the defence (except the goal obviously) were again good. that aint our problem though.....

I really hope tonight Phil Jevons wakes up with the trots,runs the make the bog only to stub his little toe on the bedroom door...

...Hes a Powder-puff of a player.

And don't get me started on Betsy.Am i right in saying we've got to pay Wycombe a further 100k if we go up ???

Jevons has managed to con about 10.000 of you this season, some of us said he wasnt a footballer after the first 2 games.

The thing about the McCombe header is that it was effectively a miss - he should not have given the keeper a chance. He headed it into the ground whch allowed it to sit up for their keeper who made a decent enough save...but there we go.

The bloke behind me was savaging Betsy all game in an over the top way...but Betsy, on that display, is useless. Wilson...very average as well.

Thought Enoch did well. No support. If Noble had pace he'd be a class act (and prob not playing for us).

Pitch was poor. Not suited to a quick, passing game. Like watching slow-motion football.

I infiltrated the Millwall end too....£26!!

I thought Bassos handling(or lack of it!) showed that he wont be playing for us next season!

Betsy is a waste of space, too lightweight and poor output!

Noble looked quality but Showinmi was anonymous....and Fontaine was shocking on the ball as usual...whats wrong with playing Keough!!?

spot on.

Jevons, Fontaine, Wilson and Betsy all crap.

For all the pace Wilson and Betsy have, why don't they use it?

McCombe's header should have been a bullet into the net, having seen it again, free header for him.

As for their goal..

Their wide man was in about an acre of space, very sloppy marking from a corner/throw, can only be McCallisters fault. What wasnt his fault was leaving the scorer in an equal amount of space to volley home.

Very frustrating City.

Were you rumbled?

Did you have to cheer Millwall?

Intrigued at what it must be like tryingnot to give away your allegiance.

I was one that was in the home end. Fortunatly wasnt rumbled as wouldnt of fancied my chances as their were some that were looking fairly up for it, and a couple tanks of guys around that i wouldnt wanted turning on me. I think one guy may of relised wasnt really that much of a millwall fan but didnt really notice anyone else really. I remembered to wear blue rather than any red else would of probably been a bit of a sign that may of been an away fan.

I did clap what millwall did well to make it look like wasnt an away fan or too much of a neutral. i even stood up and clapped their goal as that would of given is away quite a bit that i was a city fan. I did nearly join in with their version of i cant read and i cant write as knew the words to that.

I think that was most nervous i been sat in a ground either as a neutral or a away fan in the home end. I think that will be the first and possibly last trip their as wouldnt really want to go there again really.

Have to say though that chant they had of just shouting mill or whatever it was got quite annoying as that was really loud in the bit where i was. I do now know no one likes them with them singing that for like 5 mins towards the end.

At least advantage of being in home end was the quick getaway at the end of the game and walking round the ground at the end no signs of trouble and anyone that saw me at end would of thought that i was millwall anyway.

I was one that was in the home end. Fortunatly wasnt rumbled as wouldnt of fancied my chances as their were some that were looking fairly up for it, and a couple tanks of guys around that i wouldnt wanted turning on me. I think one guy may of relised wasnt really that much of a millwall fan but didnt really notice anyone else really. I remembered to wear blue rather than any red else would of probably been a bit of a sign that may of been an away fan.

I did clap what millwall did well to make it look like wasnt an away fan or too much of a neutral. i even stood up and clapped their goal as that would of given is away quite a bit that i was a city fan. I did nearly join in with their version of i cant read and i cant write as knew the words to that.

I think that was most nervous i been sat in a ground either as a neutral or a away fan in the home end. I think that will be the first and possibly last trip their as wouldnt really want to go there again really.

Have to say though that chant they had of just shouting mill or whatever it was got quite annoying as that was really loud in the bit where i was. I do now know no one likes them with them singing that for like 5 mins towards the end.

At least advantage of being in home end was the quick getaway at the end of the game and walking round the ground at the end no signs of trouble and anyone that saw me at end would of thought that i was millwall anyway.

A tale no doubt to tell the grandchidren!

Archived