IGNORED

Evil Post Getting Slaughtered

RedRaw

Well you never know all that time with Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin you might have thought Jack Daniels or scotch would've been the order

hey chief, you do contribute valid ponderings. I'd have thought also though that Bob Marley might have been on the scene and would've had a say on the matter. ''Come on folk's, my main man is as reliable as I've ever known, let's further our enlightenment. High grade guarenteed: y'know what I'm saying?''.

I'm sure that the very close decision made by Bristol City Council to grant permission for the Gas plans to extend the Mem is likely to be reconsidered in the wake of this and other such incidents.

The residents of Horfield were already loathe to see the ground capacity extended further. I'm sure that they will be making renewed representations to their local council representatives to challenge the decision.

Perhaps our own Supporter's Trust could offer the residents advice after their success in challenging plan for development of the Wedlock! :whistle:

My letter to the Evening Post:

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to you as a resident of Bristol to express my disgust that you have swept the disgraceful incidents involving Bristol Rovers supporters on Saturday, completely under the carpet.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Hea...sp?NewsID=6606

Instead, I was shocked to read an article stating that the police operation was a major success and there were no serious incidents involving football supporters.

As the newspaper that represents all current affairs in Bristol, you have a responsibility to make the public aware of things like this. Bristol Rovers FC have a serious hooligan problem, and its not going to go away unless appropriate coverage is given to the problem so that action can be taken to ensure the safety of visiting supporters, 90% of whom are decent people, woman and children. What I found even more disgraceful was that you actually deleted all the comments by angry Swindon supporters, most of whom had very valid points.

If this is allowed to continue, somebody is going to be seriously hurt and it is irresponsible of your paper not to give the incidents appropriate coverage. If these mindless thugs are causing a danger to everyday citezens, then don't you think people deserve to be made aware of it?? Not given an article claiming that everything is ok, and including a single quote from a supporter claiming that "they did not see any trouble" - Interestingly, the quote was from the wife of Rovers's Evening Post columnist....

I often wonder what the agenda of your paper is and whether yo have a bias towards Rovers, attempting to promote them as a family club...I've noticed that whenever there are minor incidents involving Bristol City supporters, you are keen to crucify them as much as possible. Both clubs have a minority of very dangerous supporters, and I suggest that for the good of the Bristol public, and the majority of decent football supporters out there, you give them both equal, and appropriate coverage.

Regards

I'd be interested to know why the Evening Post think that it is more newsworthy and in the public interest of the people of Bristol to report a fan swinging an arm at Bradley Orr and missing than a mob of 20 men beating visitors to our city with baseball bats.

I wonder how they are going to justify that, or maybe another 'We got it wrong' pathetic apology is on the way.

Eloquent letter and a very well made point. The only minor adjustment I'd make is to note that people have already been seriously hurt - there were several broken bones on Saturday.

For me, this isn't about slaughtering Rovers for having some nob heads that follow them. We do too.

This is about not allowing them to pretend they don't exist, and ignoring the problem.

It's that sort of avoidance that could have sparked a riot in the recent derby games when their retarded little chav minority decided to invade the pitch and taunt city fans. The end result was city fans getting sprayed with CS gas and precisely zero action from the football club who issued a statement and then swept it under the carpet.

Rovers need to acknowledge their problem in order to tackle it, just like we have. The Evil post helps them to ignore it.

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to you as a resident of Bristol to express my disgust that you have swept the disgraceful incidents involving Bristol Rovers supporters on Saturday, completely under the carpet.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Hea...sp?NewsID=6606

Instead, I was shocked to read an article stating that the police operation was a major success and there were no serious incidents involving football supporters.

As the newspaper that represents all current affairs in Bristol, you have a responsibility to make the public aware of things like this. Bristol Rovers FC have a serious hooligan problem, and its not going to go away unless appropriate coverage is given to the problem so that action can be taken to ensure the safety of visiting supporters, 90% of whom are decent people, woman and children. What I found even more disgraceful was that you actually deleted all the comments by angry Swindon supporters, most of whom had very valid points.

If this is allowed to continue, somebody is going to be seriously hurt and it is irresponsible of your paper not to give the incidents appropriate coverage. If these mindless thugs are causing a danger to everyday citezens, then don't you think people deserve to be made aware of it?? Not given an article claiming that everything is ok, and including a single quote from a supporter claiming that "they did not see any trouble" - Interestingly, the quote was from the wife of Rovers's Evening Post columnist....

I often wonder what the agenda of your paper is and whether yo have a bias towards Rovers, attempting to promote them as a family club...I've noticed that whenever there are minor incidents involving Bristol City supporters, you are keen to crucify them as much as possible. Both clubs have a minority of very dangerous supporters, and I suggest that for the good of the Bristol public, and the majority of decent football supporters out there, you give them both equal, and appropriate coverage.

Regards

Well said! Brilliant letter!

It makes you wonder if the Police also believe the 'Family Club' myth. At their tip, the Police seemed to be trying to protect the Gas families from City hooligans. Their fans on the pitch was fine, but City fans caught in a crush was not. They were happy to let us stand in a car park, next to busses belching out heaps of diesel fumes - Far more dangerous than passive smoking.

Similarly, on Saturday, it really makes you wonder what the Police were actually doing - were they trying so hard to protect the Sags that they did not worry about Swindon fans? It just seems strange that a Force can be so effective at City in avoiding conflict, and yet can be so oneffective at the Mem.

I have heard a number of stories of Gas hooligans, and most seem to involve attacking 'innocent' victimes rather than a pre-arranged fight - Too many and from a number of sources for them all to be untrue. Despite this, the Club seem to be oblivious, the local Press are silent, and did the Police really not discuss Saturdays thuggery with the Club? The more I read of Saturday, the more I wonder of the Police are in denial, just like Rovers and the EP, further compounding the obvious problems.

It makes you wonder if the Police also believe the 'Family Club' myth. At their tip, the Police seemed to be trying to protect the Gas families from City hooligans. Their fans on the pitch was fine, but City fans caught in a crush was not. They were happy to let us stand in a car park, next to busses belching out heaps of diesel fumes - Far more dangerous than passive smoking.

Similarly, on Saturday, it really makes you wonder what the Police were actually doing - were they trying so hard to protect the Sags that they did not worry about Swindon fans? It just seems strange that a Force can be so effective at City in avoiding conflict, and yet can be so oneffective at the Mem.

I have heard a number of stories of Gas hooligans, and most seem to involve attacking 'innocent' victimes rather than a pre-arranged fight - Too many and from a number of sources for them all to be untrue. Despite this, the Club seem to be oblivious, the local Press are silent, and did the Police really not discuss Saturdays thuggery with the Club? The more I read of Saturday, the more I wonder of the Police are in denial, just like Rovers and the EP, further compounding the obvious problems.

Local elections May 3rd. An indication of what councillors not to vote for by residents may perhaps affect the planning.

Unless there's a complete overhall within the higher authorety of that newspaper we're not going to receive justice.

##### um', folks.

Let's focus our entire attention onto our Club and let the results do the talking.

For starters I get fed up with these type of threads moaning about those scum.

here here...

It's ridiculous how they can even attempt to claim all was well when you only have to read one comment to find out it was far from it. Why do the Evil Post have a habit of covering up mishaps from the blue side of town?

As I've posted in the past, a lot of the editorial staff are Rovers supporters. The editor in chief Mike norton, Chris Swift the main Rovers reporter,Kirsty pugh the reporter that unbiastly covered their planning application,and several others whose names escape me at this time.I ask you a question. Would you write a deffamatory story about your bosses pet love?

It would be good if the superb and totally non-biased Bristol Evening Post was able to report news that was worthy of being reported. If the rag cannot, then it is failing in it's purpose.

Isn't it's ethos something along the lines of....'The paper that all Bristol asked for and helped to create'. All.

Looks like we have created a 'monster', as the rag 'doctors' what we should read.

When comments regarding a very serious incident - The Inn On The Green - are removed on their own website, you have to question the integrity of the organisation responsible for the production of 'our' local news. To not even report such an incident smacks of censorship at best, dictatorship at worst.

Was the Editor-In-Chief bitten by a City supporter as a young man and is now on a crusade to 'educate' the citizens of Bristol that Blue is good, but Red is bad?

This isn't the first time that the rag has failed with regard to it's obviuos favourtism towards Bristol Rovers, and negativity towards Bristol City. But, this present episode shows just how far that the rag will go in following it's 'agenda'.

Perhaps the reports featured in the Swindon Advertiser relating to the attacks at The Inn On The Green, are innacurate, I don't know, as the Bristol public, apparently are not entitled to know that such an event took place. Therfore, without any coverage of the incident by 'our' local press - to support, deny or address the said attack - the local population can only assume what happened. In this case, I'll have to assume that the comments from people that were there are correct.

Finally, if my local rag - the superb and totally non-biased Bristol Evening Post - is unable to report 'news', then it is not a 'newspaper', failing in it's basic task.

Perhaps I could get The Swindon Advertiser delivered, at least that way I might get to hear the truth.

If my local rag is unable to fairly report local stories, will they also choose what national stories we are allowed to be made aware of?

ps Great letter SCR.

Still not fixed that spelling error I see.

Call me pedantic if you like but I don't like to see ignorant Gasheads mangling the English language (as well as other English towns and cities). :laugh:

I'm no ignorant gashead,and your fans are no angels,just concentrate on your game saturday.

I'm no ignorant gashead,and your fans are no angels,just concentrate on your game saturday.

the problem is that our lot of "angels" get hung out to dry if they do ANYTHING wrong!.

while yours carry on acting like their all big and hard and (by running on the the pitch for example to get to city fans), and now with swindon fans and caused many many more problems this season no doubt and f*#k all being said about it!

the problem is that our lot of "angels" get hung out to dry if they do ANYTHING wrong!.

while yours carry on acting like their all big and hard and (by running on the the pitch for example to get to city fans), and now with swindon fans and caused many many more problems this season no doubt and f*#k all being said about it!

Here Hear :protest:

Pot, kettle, and black. however we aint called the *ahem* "Family Club" by a biased newspaper are we....

For example, Kirsty Pugh is a 'journalist' for the superb and non-biased Bristol Evening Post. She writes a column in the Bristol Rovers programme and has 'alledgedly' been offered a job at Bristol Rovers.

No conflict of interest there then!

I stopped buying it 6 months ago, had a young lad come knocking on the door the other day offering me a cut price evil post delivered every night, i told him were to go and the reason why.

silly really not his fault but it made me feel a lot better.

I wasn't at the Inn on the Green incident.

However, there was a minor scuffle on the road outside the Queen Vic pub before the game. When the policeman came over to ask for witnesses - a Rovers fan told the copper that both sets of hooligans were Swindon fans that had accidentally fought eachother (I kid you not) - I guess the deep Bristolian accent of the lad getting arrested could have been a fake!

Oh, I saw a guy get hit around the head with a plank of wood after the game.

Don't know who was to blame - it was all pretty pathetic.

Archived