IGNORED

Evil Post Getting Slaughtered

RedRaw

EP version.......

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...;pNodeId=144922

The Truth........

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines...asp?NewsID=6606

Seems like the EP are sweeping even more gas misdemeanours under the carpet.......

Imagine if this was City fans involved....probably would of had a 4 page pull out special report!

Can we now finally drop the "family club" tag :disapointed2se:

Yep, all peaceful and lovely according to the EP....

Yet a quick look at the Swindon Advertiser's site reveals a vicious and unprovoked attack by baseball bat-wielding thugs, on innocent Swindon fans who were enjoying a quiet drink in a pub garden: Swindon Advertiser

I've never supported theories of bias against City in the local media and I would be inclined to put this down to lazy research on the part of the reporter concerned. But when contrasted with some of the innacurate and unnecessarily negative reporting on City fans' behaviour in the past, you do have to wonder at the Evening Post's claim to be impartial.

Yep, all peaceful and lovely according to the EP....

Yet a quick look at the Swindon Advertiser's site reveals a vicious and unprovoked attack by baseball bat-wielding thugs, on innocent Swindon fans who were enjoying a quiet drink in a pub garden: Swindon Advertiser

I've never supported theories of bias against City in the local media and I would be inclined to put this down to lazy research on the part of the reporter concerned. But when contrasted with some of the innacurate and unnecessarily negative reporting on City fans' behaviour in the past, you do have to wonder at the Evening Post's claim to be impartial.

Ive added my 2 pennies worth on there.

Unsurprised to see another completely biased Evil post article.

I'm absolutely certain that if this was an incident involving City fans it would be front page news with a nice load of derogatory "editorial" tarnishing us all as thugs.

I hope this makes the family club face up to the fact that they have a mindless hooligan element just the same as every other club and try and deal with it rather than ignoring it or even pretending it's City fans in disguise.

Sadly from looking at comments on their forum it seems many sagheads are trying to hide behind the old "they're not fans" excuse with one numpty suggesting it was us and another pointing out that they weren't wearing Rovers shirts!!

Perhaps their board will be forced to look carefully at it when the old bill prevent them from sharing the county ground.

It's ridiculous how they can even attempt to claim all was well when you only have to read one comment to find out it was far from it. Why do the Evil Post have a habit of covering up mishaps from the blue side of town?

I'm a Swindon fan, however I thought you would like to know that the EP has amended it's article so comments cannot now be left due to the number of angry fans about innocent attacks by Rovers fans:

Here's the original article (no comments)

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...;pNodeId=144922

and here's the comments now removed

I'm a Swindon fan, however I thought you would like to know that the EP has amended it's article so comments cannot now be left due to the number of angry fans about innocent attacks by Rovers fans:

That's typical behaviour from them, they did the same when the printed a load of complete bile about us after a thug attacked Bradley Orr.

They're unprofessional scumbags, the lot of them and their rag is only useful for making papier mache out of or wrapping chips.

Talk about not getting it right for getting it wrong.

That's:

• City
  • City Fans
  • Swindon
  • Swindon Fans

Seems like it's only Rovers & The Police that they EP haven't pi$$ed off.

Still, give them time.

Oh, and the groundshare's up the pictures, not a bad days work all round.

I wonder how many of those cowards will make the trip to Cheltenham or will it come out that it was probably City Fans on their way up to Whitchurch :disapointed2se:

Complete whitewash of the truth by the Evening Post....why? :disapointed2se:

Unsurprised to see another completely biased Evil post article.

I'm absolutely certain that if this was an incident involving City fans it would be front page news with a nice load of derogatory "editorial" tarnishing us all as thugs.

Absolutely spot on.

Familiar stuff from the EP.

My thoughts exactly City Rocker! I've often thought the Evening Post were just incompetent or disparaging about football fans in general, but this is staggering. They really do have an agenda which involves promoting Rovers through censorship and attacking City through sensationalism. I assume this betrays the affiliation of any senior management at the newspaper?

Incidentally, the female fan quoted in the Evening Post piece as having witnessed no problems is married to the Evening Post Bristol Rovers weekly columnist. So that largely sums up what this impartial paper is all about.

When was the last time the Post interviewed anyone with anything positive to say in relation to off-field disturbances at City? When some lunatic swung at Bradley Orr did anyone ask the City fans who contribute to the paper about it? No, they slapped it on the front page and let all fans fall under implication.

The quote from Alan Green of BBC Five Live earlier this season about the number of City fans in the national media kind of makes you wonder how we end up suffering so much at the hands of the local journalists. But when you think about it, I guess it makes sense that City fans are able to graduate on to more prestigious and intelligent and professional national operations while their Blue and White quartered colleagues remain anchored in obscurity writing garbage for local rags.

My thoughts exactly City Rocker! I've often thought the Evening Post were just incompetent or disparaging about football fans in general, but this is staggering. They really do have an agenda which involves promoting Rovers through censorship and attacking City through sensationalism. I assume this betrays the affiliation of any senior management at the newspaper?

Incidentally, the female fan quoted in the Evening Post piece as having witnessed no problems is married to the Evening Post Bristol Rovers weekly columnist. So that largely sums up what this impartial paper is all about.

When was the last time the Post interviewed anyone with anything positive to say in relation to off-field disturbances at City? When some lunatic swung at Bradley Orr did anyone ask the City fans who contribute to the paper about it? No, they slapped it on the front page and let all fans fall under implication.

The quote from Alan Green of BBC Five Live earlier this season about the number of City fans in the national media kind of makes you wonder how we end up suffering so much at the hands of the local journalists. But when you think about it, I guess it makes sense that City fans are able to graduate on to more prestigious and intelligent and professional national operations while their Blue and White quartered colleagues remain anchored in obscurity writing garbage for local rags.

I have tried to reply to the site again as the evil post has deleted the previous comments and I got this message:

"Sorry, your comment could not be published because the requests from your machine have been blocked."

Censorship eh?

I have tried to reply to the site again as the evil post has deleted the previous comments and I got this message:

"Sorry, your comment could not be published because the requests from your machine have been blocked."

Censorship eh?

Same here mate. Theyve removed most of the comments, and have now changed the origonal story!!!

"Well Done to our lads. The Swindon "boys" were causing trouble all day trying to look hard and got what they deserved. a GREAT DAY FOR THE GASHEADS! Beat the Swindle on and off the pitch!!!! My son asked why the men in red shirts were running away!!! :)

ROVERS TIL I DIE, BRISTOLLLL"

What a t##t! This bloke obviously supports violence at football. The sort of bloke that probably invaded the pitch and got as close as he could to us in the JPT game.

"Well Done to our lads. The Swindon "boys" were causing trouble all day trying to look hard and got what they deserved. a GREAT DAY FOR THE GASHEADS! Beat the Swindle on and off the pitch!!!! My son asked why the men in red shirts were running away!!! :)

ROVERS TIL I DIE, BRISTOLLLL"

What a t##t! This bloke obviously supports violence at football. The sort of bloke that probably invaded the pitch and got as close as he could to us in the JPT game.

More like the sort of bloke who watches from a safe distance then runs home for a w**k. :sofa:

Amazing, all comments now deleted!

I thought the idea of a local newspaper was to report on local news and incidents and the idea of a "comments" option is for local people or people affected by the news to give opinions. To have them deleted when pretty much 100% of the comments disagreed with the report just shows the censorship afforded to Rovers.....democracy, free speech....not in the EP.......big brother watching you....not if your rovers.

Reporting on city......one man thought he heard racist remarks aimed towards Aaron Brown at Ashton Gate, no other fans, stewards, the club, police or Aaron Brown himself reported that this was true.......this makes front page headlines

Reporting on Rovers......Swindon fans including woman and children, are attacked with bottles, wood, chairs etc, with some taken to hospital, in a pub close to the Rovers ground. The police, the landlord and many eye witnesses confirmed this event happend........the EP report no touble and quote one fan who said " I did not see any trouble"

Some news for you EP.......This event happened, report on it with facts and impartiality and not just the bits that suit your not-so-hidden agenda!

Amazing, all comments now deleted!

I thought the idea of a local newspaper was to report on local news and incidents and the idea of a "comments" option is for local people or people affected by the news to give opinions. To have them deleted when pretty much 100% of the comments disagreed with the report just shows the censorship afforded to Rovers.....democracy, free speech....not in the EP.......big brother watching you....not if your rovers.

Reporting on city......one man thought he heard racist remarks aimed towards Aaron Brown at Ashton Gate, no other fans, stewards, the club, police or Aaron Brown himself reported that this was true.......this makes front page headlines

Reporting on Rovers......Swindon fans including woman and children, are attacked with bottles, wood, chairs etc, with some taken to hospital, in a pub close to the Rovers ground. The police, the landlord and many eye witnesses confirmed this event happend........the EP report no touble and quote one fan who said " I did not see any trouble"

Some news for you EP.......This event happened, report on it with facts and impartiality and not just the bits that suit your not-so-hidden agenda!

I'm not surprised one bit that the comments were removed.

After the derby at their ground when their fans invaded the pitch to get at us and police horses had to hold them back, the report in the evening post the next day said "Rovers supporters are fans who know how to enjoy themselves and get behind their team without overstepping the mark". Obviously the article was met with hundereds of complaints by City fans and they were all deleted. None of the letters written about the subject were published either.

Bristol Rovers FC have a serious hooligan problem. The club and the local media need to open their eyes and admit it if something is to be done about it. If it keeps being swept under the carpet then one day, things are going to go too far and people are going to get seriously hurt.

I'm not surprised one bit that the comments were removed.

After the derby at their ground when their fans invaded the pitch to get at us and police horses had to hold them back, the report in the evening post the next day said "Rovers supporters are fans who know how to enjoy themselves and get behind their team without overstepping the mark". Obviously the article was met with hundereds of complaints by City fans and they were all deleted. None of the letters written about the subject were published either.

Bristol Rovers FC have a serious hooligan problem. The club and the local media need to open their eyes and admit it if something is to be done about it. If it keeps being swept under the carpet then one day, things are going to go too far and people are going to get seriously hurt.

As a gashead I agree with you 1000%. BRFC has a 'major' hooligan problem which is growing each season.

Anyone that was there on saturday would be foolish not to admit that rovers do not have a problem. I witnessed the events with my own two eyes and it was the scumbag gas thugs that were the cause of the days events. Its the same faces,and the same sh*t almost every week and it neededs to be stopped. Don't get me wrong swindon had a group or a 'firm' as they like to be called out as well, as I was stood in the das stand and watched them come into the ground 15mins after the match kicked off so swindon are gulity as well. But as a rovers fan, I don't want to be around morons like these, who think that it is ok to act like this and anyone that agrees with these actions must have some kind of brain problem themselves.

I was also shocked to see 'nothing' on either bbc or htv news at 6pm about these events. I have to admit that if it was BCFC that were at fault here I believe it would be one of the top news storys of the day and that is just wrong.

and all you can now read is page 1 of three, try reading 2 & 3 and theyre blank

What a surprise about the "Family" club. a sick joke the EP and its shit bias against anyone else.

I don't buy the rag, but is there not something that could be done to shame or expose the rag for it's biased and censored reporting. The rag web site has been 'doctored', it's a joke, this is a country of free speech presumably.

Are there any ideas for some positive action that might be taken, I'm sure the the Swindon would be up for it.

Also, why nothing on the local TV news? :dunno:

...think there are one or two Otib regulars with professional newspaper experience who might know a bit about how 'things are done' within the media business, ie Press Complaints Commission etc, & the parent companies of 'local' newspapers such as the EP & such like.

Judging by the oft quoted comments on this forum regarding biased EP reports etc ...not least of all the ones in this thread relating to this latest example, - wouldnt it be a good idea if...

Someone were to collate examples from the EP archives to illustrate the problem & forward complaints to -

:The EP itself...

: The Press Complaints Commission...

: & not least the EP's parent company? .. Who I'm sure would be very interested indeed to discover, if found to be the case, that its local press investment in the Bristol area is not yielding the profits that it should do because editorial mismanagement is alienating large amounts of potential readership within its catchment area, due to alleged inaccurate & seemingly biased reporting.

If theres a case to be made, & archive evidence to back up complaints, surely actions along the above lines are the way to go? .... its pointless to continually moan & groan about it in forums - if legitimate concerns exist then take 'em on & demand proper answers.. maybe its time to rattle the cage a bit, get the bosses from their parent company Head Offices asking a few questions -afterall its their potential profits that are presumably suffering!!..

The Press Complaints Commission is unfortunately not relevant since it's for people or organisations to complain about violations of the code of conduct and being biased scumbags isn't a violation of any code of conduct.

Complaining to the EP itself has been futile in the past, they know they're completely biased so they just deny it.

Complaining to the parent company might make things a little awkward but I doubt it.

Best bet is, don't buy it, don't advertise in it, don't buy from people who do advertise in it and tell them why you won't.

The Press Complaints Commission is unfortunately not relevant since it's for people or organisations to complain about violations of the code of conduct and being biased scumbags isn't a violation of any code of conduct.

Complaining to the EP itself has been futile in the past, they know they're completely biased so they just deny it.

Complaining to the parent company might make things a little awkward but I doubt it.

Best bet is, don't buy it, don't advertise in it, don't buy from people who do advertise in it and tell them why you won't.

Sound. But I still feel that the need for some sort of action is needed.

I don't buy it, etc. But still think that people should be made aware of the rags failings.

It would appear that they are imposing some form of censorship, that is against all civil liberties.

And I sit in 'The Evening Post Dolman Stand'. Joke.

Unless there's a complete overhall within the higher authorety of that newspaper we're not going to receive justice.

##### um', folks.

Let's focus our entire attention onto our Club and let the results do the talking.

For starters I get fed up with these type of threads moaning about those scum.

Journalists write STORIES and that's just what they are, in any paper, at any time, in any country, around the world. Whatever sales papers, feel good stories about our "local family club" if you work for the Post, or the conspiracy theroy of Diana being murdered if you work for The Daily Express, the list goes on, just ignore them all...they are all full of it

Journalists write STORIES and that's just what they are, in any paper, at any time, in any country, around the world. Whatever sales papers, feel good stories about our "local family club" if you work for the Post, or the conspiracy theroy of Diana being murdered if you work for The Daily Express, the list goes on, just ignore them all...they are all full of it

Elvis lives Godammit !!

Archived