IGNORED

Gj To Fulham

Br 1st ol

This forum is full of who we want to sign, and who we could lose.

The most important signing for us is GJ.

Fulham are allegedly sniffing around, and I can see why....

GJ would have to be interested, wouldnt he?

Lets hope we get up to protect our management structure.

To stay down and lose your manager would be worse case scenario for us.

I cant see this happening, Sanchez (or however his name is spelt) is odds on to keep the role.

Proof? Source?

It is not a non-story,

a) Our managers success this season means he may be coveted elsewhere, and so this issue is right for debate on a city forum

b) it was in the Star, so it is also being debated elsewhere....

It was also reported in the Star that 2pac was spotted in New York.....

It is not a non-story,

a) Our managers success this season means he may be coveted elsewhere, and so this issue is right for debate on a city forum

Lawrie Sanchez is Fulhams manager. Why would they sack him after just a few games and appoint somebody who has not yet managed in the top two divisions?

Tripe.

It is not a non-story,

It is.

Of course, but let's note the difference between saying that another club is sniffing round him, which is patently b***ocks, and suggesting that we offer him a new contract. One is unhelpful speculation at best and the other is a sensible point worth debating.

So was a story about alien Elvis impersonators molesting goats.

It is not a non-story,

Yes it is

a) Our managers success this season means he may be coveted elsewhere,

He's never managed above Div Three and we haven't had any success yet.He MAY be abducted by Aliens or get the Watford, Bolton, Charlton or Sheff Utd jobs so why not post about that

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:Yeh sorry, must be true

hmmm, very unlikely,

the likely story (well what the one that I read, which seems believeable ( is that both parties are happy with the current situation however if they go down then Sanchez will take on the role on a perm basis doing the Ireland job part time, if they stay up Claudio Ranieri is set to join.

that or

Succesful Lower League Manager - Gary Johnson

hmmmmmmm.

Yeah I saw this yesterday in The Star [was at work and it was just lying there, honest!] and although it seems plausible, GJ simply wouldn't leave a club he's just got p******d [that's the plan, anyway!]. While we're at it, The Star also claimed City are after Millwall striker Darren Byfield.

Yeah I saw this yesterday in The Star [was at work and it was just lying there, honest!] and although it seems plausible, GJ simply wouldn't leave a club he's just got p******d [that's the plan, anyway!]. While we're at it, The Star also claimed City are after Millwall striker Darren Byfield.

" GJ simply wouldn't leave a club he's just got p******d"

Isn't that exactly what he did to Yeovil?

" GJ simply wouldn't leave a club he's just got p******d"

Isn't that exactly what he did to Yeovil?

It was a season and a bit afterwards and I think it was more to do with feeling he had realised their potential or taken them as far as he could.

I doubt he will think that he has taken us as far as he can immediately after promotion.

It was a season and a bit afterwards and I think it was more to do with feeling he had realised their potential or taken them as far as he could.

I doubt he will think that he has taken us as far as he can immediately after promotion.

I think you'll find he came to us in Yeovil's first season in league 1.

Unless he thinks he could get us into the prem I imagine he would think getting us into the Championship was job done and he'd be looking for the next step up.

Although the Fulham story is obviously b***ocks, it's exactly the sort of move he will be looking for next.

I think you'll find he came to us in Yeovil's first season in league 1.

Yep you're right, I thought they'd been in our division over a season when he left but they hadn't.

Unless he thinks he could get us into the prem I imagine he would think getting us into the Championship was job done and he'd be looking for the next step up.

Although the Fulham story is obviously b***ocks, it's exactly the sort of move he will be looking for next.

I don't think he'll be looking to jump ship any time soon. That's not to say if he was allowed to be approached he wouldn't consider it, but I get the distinct impression he will want to have a decent crack at the next level first - over a season or two at least I think.

If Fulham are relegated and we are promoted, are they really a step up? Al Fayed won't spend any more even in the Prem, and if they go down they'll be massively over budget.

It will be interesting to see what sort of ambition SteveL shows if we're promoted, in terms of the whole infrastructure of the club. GJ talks often about the crowd size and if there's a stadium re/development on the table that might well help him decide to stay on longer.

And it isn't, so you got that wrong as well.

I though you said it was in an article in the Star?

it is actually

just did a search on the fulham website message board and when searching for "gary johnson" came back with a few results, couple of their fancy a lower league manager who has done well and Gary Johnson and Paul Ince were a couple of names mentioned, couldn't check a few of the other links though as there is some stupid pop up that won't go away

still don't think it will happen though, Johnson at Fulham, he's only a conference manager

Fulham prob won't go down whilst City prob will go up. If Fulham are relegated, they'll be playing City next season so GJ will have no real reason to move.

Archived