IGNORED

Surely?

Dolman Block B

We wont start with one striker up front on sat?

Ok, Johnson has played 4 4 1 1 over the past few games and it aint done to badly, but not sat.

We got hit umme hard from the first whistle and get ourselves a comfortable lead to take the pressure off.

I sense a nightmare if we don't score in the 1st half.............comments please!

Or play the current tactic which has been goals galore, Good thinking Einstien!

Didnt go all out for it at millwall and looked what happened

I wouldnt play either if i could help it, but i think GJ is set to play the 4-4-1-1. I would go 4-4-2 with Enoch and Jevo up front. Noble and Russell in the middle of midfield with Wilson and McCallister on the wings. Bring JMW on with about half hour to go if we need a goal.

I'd go back to the old-fashioned formation for the last game against Rotherham. With Keogh in goal, as I understand he's a half decent keeper, and everyone up front. It'd be like being back in the playground, jumpers for goalposts.

...............Keogh...............

..........Carey.........McCombe..........

...Johnson..Noble..Russell...

.....Betsy.....Smith.....Showunmi.....Jevons.....Myrie-Williams.....

Subs:

Basso (just incase we go one-nil up!)

Skuse

McAllister

Wilson

Plummer

My team for Rotherham would be:

Basso

Orr---McCombe---Carey

Wilson---Lee Johnson---Noble---Russell---McAllister

Jevons---Showunmi

Subs:

Smith

Myrie Williams

Keogh

Thomas (GK)

Skuse or Betsy

We have to attack FROM THE START not give them the chance to settle into the game.

Rotherham would have obviously had us scouted at Millwall and so a slight change in formation/tactics might make the difference as 4411 can easily become 451 and isolate Showunmi like it did on saturday for most of the 1st hour.

352 with Wilson, Noble and McAllister pushing on (sensibily, sp), Russell doing the holding role and Lee Johnson a mixture of the both.

Although IMO Jevons doesn't merit a place in the team he is our only other goalscorer and just gets the nod ahead of Smith.

BCAGFC

My team for Rotherham would be:

Basso

Orr---McCombe---Carey

Wilson---Lee Johnson---Noble---Russell---McAllister

Jevons---Showunmi

Subs:

Smith

Myrie Williams

Keogh

Thomas (GK)

Skuse or Betsy

We have to attack FROM THE START not give them the chance to settle into the game.

Rotherham would have obviously had us scouted at Millwall and so a slight change in formation/tactics might make the difference as 4411 can easily become 451 and isolate Showunmi like it did on saturday for most of the 1st hour.

352 with Wilson, Noble and McAllister pushing on (sensibily, sp), Russell doing the holding role and Lee Johnson a mixture of the both.

Although IMO Jevons doesn't merit a place in the team he is our only other goalscorer and just gets the nod ahead of Smith.

BCAGFC

Actually, realistically, that's probably our best team at the moment. Wilson and McAllister on the flanks acting as wing-backs and a midfield of Russell, Noble and Johnson, is the most attacking we have.

I think Jevons is underrated and does a lot off the ball that not everyone sees. He and Showunmi aren't the best combination, but they are our top scorers...!

Its a must win game and therefore not the time to be messing about with formations.Its common sense to play a system that the players are familiar with.

3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 is likely as thats what City have been playing in the last few games.

Its a must win game and therefore not the time to be messing about with formations.Its common sense to play a system that the players are familiar with.

3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 is likely as thats what City have been playing in the last few games.

You won't be saying that if we lose.

You won't be saying that if we lose.

Why won't I?

It would be madness for Johnson to introduce a new system for a must win game.He simply wouldn't even consider it - no manager with any credibility would.

If Johnson does in some fit of panic introduce a new formation and we lose the game - imagine the kind of stick he'd get from everywhere - not just this forum.

We go with 4-4-1-1 for at least the 1st half. People seem to forget the good performance that we gave in the 2nd half at Carlisle last week. We just need to believe in what has got us here in the past 45 games. If there is anything to take positive from this season, its that we have "bouncebackability".

Come on City.

We go with 4-4-1-1 for at least the 1st half. People seem to forget the good performance that we gave in the 2nd half at Carlisle last week. We just need to believe in what has got us here in the past 45 games. If there is anything to take positive from this season, its that we have "bouncebackability".

Come on City.

We need an early goal this time around,come half time and it's o-o, the fans will start to feel the pressure, which will convey to the players, tactics will go out the window. GJ has to get it right in the players head from the start, that also means his starting formation. If someone is having a go at a player who is not performing well, abuse wont make him play any better, so tell them to support the team or shut up! :goingup:

Archived