IGNORED

Do Some Players Want Promotion?

brady bunch

I have never been one to doubt players efforts (moaned about them being rubbish), but in the 25 years of watching do not recall thinking a player was cheating us the fans.

Now I am not saying its happening, but went to Millwall and saw players missing sitters (with what looked more back pass then shot) and others being brushed off the ball by smaller oppo's who dispite having nothing to play for, seemed to want it more.

It got me wondering how much some players really wanted it and if in the back of their minds they think that promo for city means they will be back on their travels with suitcase in hand.

The likes of Jevons, Betsy and Fontaine spring to mind as candidates for the chop if we go up and if it was me in their shoes maybe I would see it as shooting myself in the foot??

Mind you, it was not only those three who had a poor game IMHO...

I have never been one to doubt players efforts (moaned about them being rubbish), but in the 25 years of watching do not recall thinking a player was cheating us the fans.

Now I am not saying its happening, but went to Millwall and saw players missing seaters (with what looked more back pass then shot) and others being brushed off the ball by smaller oppo's who dispite having nothing to play for, seemed to want it more.

It got me wondering how much some players really wanted it and if in the back of their minds they think that promo for city means they will be back on their travels with suitcase in hand.

The likes of Jevons, Betsy and Fontaine spring to mind as cantidates for the chop if we go up and if it was me in their shoes maybe I would see it as shooting myself in the foot??

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! If the players didnt want promotion, don't you think they wouldve folded a long time ago?! The players, staff and everyonne else conencted with the club want and need promotion! We WILL do it saturday regardless of what mindless idiots post mindless crap on here!

There was an instance when Wilson was a clear favorite to win a headed ball, he went up for it, looked at the opposition and just backed out of it.

Not what you want to see, I cannot believe they all want this as bad as we do, or such things wouldnt happen.

Now I am not saying its happening, but went to Millwall and saw players missing seaters (with what looked more back pass then shot) and others being brushed off the ball by smaller oppo's who dispite having nothing to play for, seemed to want it more.

The likes of Jevons, Betsy and Fontaine spring to mind as cantidates for the chop if we go up and if it was me in their shoes maybe I would see it as shooting myself in the foot??

Umm...do you not think all of these players, and the rest of the squad, get fat, hefty bonuses and huge wage increases if they gain promotion?

That and playing against the likes of Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham and Leeds (ha ha - well, maybe not Leeds...) should be enticement enough to win them promotion to the Championship?!

Would certainly work for me...

Anyway, Fontaine for the chop? Are you kidding?! He's just a kid, only been with us a year and he's got loads of potential. He's also been as key a member of our superb defence as anyone else!

Over the course of the season, one can make many accusations about the quality in the squad...because we all admit its not the best....but the reason why we've got where we are is because of 100% effort, teamwork and commitment from the squad. So to suggest that we don't want it, when its mainly been workrate thats got us to the brink of promotion in the first place is daft imho.

I think I said SOME players don't look like they want it!

I am not quite sure just how fat their bonus's will be, no where near the aomunt they will get if they keep their jobs at the gate next season.

I just cannot beleive the half hearted efforts I witnessed on Saturday by the usua offenders...

There was an instance when Wilson was a clear favorite to win a headed ball, he went up for it, looked at the opposition and just backed out of it.

Not what you want to see, I cannot believe they all want this as bad as we do, or such things wouldnt happen.

Its not that players like Betwsy and Wilson don't want it...

...they are just simply not good enough, end of story.

They give 100%, but their lack of ability makes it look like they don't

Its not that players like Betsy and Wilson don't want it...

...they are just simply not good enough, end of story.

They give 100%, but their lack of ability makes it look like they don't

Thats far nearer the mark than suggesting that the players don't want promotion.

Does Brady Bunch really think that they don't want to test themselves at a higher level,play in better stadiums with bigger crowds? and that forgetting the hansome bonuses for winning promotion and the higer salaries that go with the next level up.

Now I am not saying its happening, but went to Millwall and saw players missing sitters (with what looked more back pass then shot) and others being brushed off the ball by smaller oppo's who dispite having nothing to play for, seemed to want it more.

The likes of Jevons, Betsy and Fontaine spring to mind as candidates for the chop if we go up and if it was me in their shoes maybe I would see it as shooting myself in the foot??

perhaps nerves ? No way would a footballer throw away a chance to get promoted..he then needs to prove him self ,its like yuir boss saying do you want a bter job with more money and you going out and doing something stupid just to ruin yur chances ..you wouldnt would you?

I think they would want to go up, there is obviously incentive to play at a higher level. This was shown when we played the likes of Coventry and Middlesbrough.

I think this is why we have performed quite well against some of the better teams in the league and not so against the likes of Cheltenham and Bradford. I think the want to go up is there, but the inscentive of playing against the smaller teams isn't there..but it should be, if we'd have beatenn the smaller teams we would be there by now.

Over the course of the season, one can make many accusations about the quality in the squad...because we all admit its not the best....but the reason why we've got where we are is because of 100% effort, teamwork and commitment from the squad. So to suggest that we don't want it, when its mainly been workrate thats got us to the brink of promotion in the first place is daft imho.

quite possible, so explain the poorer games then....been a few of them we've seen n all

When one person I know texts me and says were not at the races...I worry. this person is realistic, accurate and honest, and neither a happy clappy, nor a doom n gloom merchant

quite possible, so explain the poorer games then....been a few of them we've seen n all

When one person I know texts me and says were not at the races...I worry. this person is realistic, accurate and honest, and neither a happy clappy, nor a doom n gloom merchant

But who would have your number eh Bucks? :whistle2:

Brady bunch mentions Jevons, Betsy and Fontaine on his list for the chop.

I read this sort of comment after every less than stellar performance. Its simply not that easy to "chop" players.

They are under contract, and BCFC have to pay them, unless another club comes in to buy them with agreeable terms.

With certain types of players, the fear of success is similar to the fear of failure. The players may realise they have reached or slightly overstepped " their level ", and promotion will even more reveal their shortcomings. Promotion may have them listed, loaned out to lower clubs, sat on the bench and playing reserve grade.

They have some pride, and still have to face their family and friends, especially the ones who read the forum, indeed , these same players may be reading the forum, another reason not to feel like performing.

Players, like we mere mortals, always want to do better, earn more and gain the love and respect of their family and friends. These achievements are not always possible on a football field, sometimes players hit a wall, and realise thats as good as they get. No easy options, except have an honest talk with their manager.

Archived