IGNORED

I Am So Depressed....

Dynamite Red

I cannot believe this is happening, I have my Rotherham ticket in the beloved East End, our most important game since umm... ahh who cares, and about 10 minutes ago I have realised I cannot go because of a very important family gathering in Devon (which I have no way of getting out of).

AAAAAARGGGGGGHHHHH UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!!!

The worse thing about this is I am going to have to just wait and watch Ceefax for 90 tense minutes praying City secure promotion, I cannot think of a worse way to get updates of the game. :tv_horror:

City I beg of you to win and I hope everybody going Saturday will witness an historic day they will never forget.

C'MON YOU REDS

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

The worse thing about this is I am going to have to just wait and watch Ceefax for 90 tense minutes praying City secure promotion, I cannot think of a worse way to get updates of the game. :tv_horror:

That sucks man. Have you got no internet to get onto bcfcworld and listen to commentary then?

about 10 minutes ago I have realised I cannot go because of a very important family gathering in Devon (which I have no way of getting out of).

Disowning the family is always an option. I'd certainly be looking into it.

pm your mob no. and Ill keep you posted via sms if you want. I cant get to the game myself (i tried this morning to get a ticket) but I shall have all the latest technology at my disposal to keep myself up to speed.

Cheers

Tony

If you are going to be sat infront of the tv you might as well not be at your family do? I feel for you I really do. Surely your family won't want you to be there and miserable.

Have you really exhausted all possibilities? Maybe we can help on here, 1000's of brains are better than one and all that!

If you are going to be sat infront of the tv you might as well not be at your family do? I feel for you I really do. Surely your family won't want you to be there and miserable.

Have you really exhausted all possibilities? Maybe we can help on here, 1000's of brains are better than one and all that!

Always try the old food poisoning/Diarrhoea trick. Saying that youve got the runs so wouldnt be able to last the trip. Tell the wife that she can go and have a good time and not to worry about you, then when shes gone, make a trip to the sacred BS3 bogs to get better.

• Admin
I cannot believe this is happening, I have my Rotherham ticket in the beloved East End, our most important game since umm... ahh who cares, and about 10 minutes ago I have realised I cannot go because of a very important family gathering in Devon (which I have no way of getting out of).

City I beg of you to win and I hope everybody going Saturday will witness an historic day they will never forget.

C'MON YOU REDS

Plenty of laxatives and salt-water taken a couple of hours before you are due to travel to Devon should ensure your family allows you to stay behind whilst they go without you ;)

i guess Jeff Stelling and his old chums on Gillette Soccer Saturday will be a good replacement.

Que Chris Kamara at Ashton Gate saying "Unbelieveable Goal by Bristol City Jeff, Jamie McCombe with an UnBelieveable header from 20 yards. Ashton Gate is rocking unbelieveable"

either that or andy Grays "take a Boo son"

Grandmother and Grandfathers Diamond Anniversary (would struggle to get out of that)... who stays married for 60 years in this day and age, but there kind of on there last legs as it is.

Not wishing to sound like a complete b@st@rd but have already tried thinking of excuses. DAMN!!!!

Thank you for the offers on the SMS, will definately take the offer up if I haven't thought of something (excuse).

Grandmother and Grandfathers Diamond Anniversary (would struggle to get out of that)... who stays married for 60 years in this day and age, but there kind of on there last legs as it is.

Not wishing to sound like a complete b@st@rd but have already tried thinking of excuses. DAMN!!!!

Thank you for the offers on the SMS, will definately take the offer up if I haven't thought of something (excuse).

Can you go early, pay your respects and tear it back up the M5 in time?

That or perhaps you should find their marriage certificate, doctor it to say they got married on the Sunday, and convince everyone to meet up the day after?

Get 2 more tickets and take them with you. What better way to spend your 60th wedding anniversary than watching city get promotd at Ashton Gate?

• Admin

Alternatively you could inform your family that you are unable to attend as you have realised that the 5th of May is the anniversary of the loss of your loved one and you feel attending a family celebration on this date would be disrespectful.

Manchester City 2-0 Bristol City, 5th May 1979.

C'MON YOU REDS

If its any consolation mate youre not the only one.

My grandfather is 90 this week, and a friends and family meal has been arranged for 7.30pm on Saturday.

Perfect to celebrate City's promotion you might think. Except...........

......... he lives in effing Norwich.

I'm really struggling with my conscience over this one. He's a great bloke, funny as fukc, one of the boys, loves a drink and a laugh, used to be a Norwich season ticket holder, proper bloke. I don't want to let him down, but on the other hand...

Thought about going up after the game and post match run on the pitch to mob the players, reckon I could be there by 8.30, but thats still late and it will cost about 3 million driving points.

Been to most games this season, home and away, so it really is most inconsiderate that the old boy is still going so strong.

Don't know what to do. All suggestions gratefully received.

If its any consolation mate youre not the only one.

My grandfather is 90 this week, and a friends and family meal has been arranged for 7.30pm on Saturday.

Perfect to celebrate City's promotion you might think. Except...........

......... he lives in effing Norwich.

I'm really struggling with my conscience over this one. He's a great bloke, funny as fukc, one of the boys, loves a drink and a laugh, used to be a Norwich season ticket holder, proper bloke. I don't want to let him down, but on the other hand...

Thought about going up after the game and post match run on the pitch to mob the players, reckon I could be there by 8.30, but thats still late and it will cost about 3 million driving points.

Been to most games this season, home and away, so it really is most inconsiderate that the old boy is still going so strong.

don't know what to do. All suggestions gratefully received.

Being a football fan himself surely he will understand the importance of this game? Get yourself down the gate!

Right, that's it. I am NEVER going to get married during a Football season, or the timing of a World Cup, or Euro Championship. So that leaves just July really to make sure taking Play-off's into account too.

60 years later I just couldn't live with myself if any Granchild of mine had to miss an occasion such as this.

Your Grandfather has a lot to answer for.

If somebody wants my tickets (it is a student ticket) they can have it, bought on-line, I could e-mail them the confirmation to pick it up at the ground.

I think the best I can come up with is sneaking out the house Saturday and trying to find Mr Stirling in a pub for 2 hours, mildly better than ceefax, still bloody painful watching that damn vidi printer and listening to Beagrie, Thompson, Kamara and co (suppose beggers can't be choosers).

Was so looking forward to celebrating with 20,000 City fans.

Right, that's it. I am NEVER going to get married during a Football season, or the timing of a World Cup, or Euro Championship. So that leaves just July really to make sure taking Play-off's into account too.

That's exactly what I said.......then what did I do last October?

Got married in Cyprus missing the Forest away and Donny home games! At least I'll be at 'my church' this saturday hey.

If somebody wants my tickets (it is a student ticket) they can have it, bought on-line, I could e-mail them the confirmation to pick it up at the ground.

I think the best I can come up with is sneaking out the house Saturday and trying to find Mr Stirling in a pub for 2 hours, mildly better than ceefax, still bloody painful watching that damn vidi printer and listening to Beagrie, Thompson, Kamara and co (suppose beggers can't be choosers).

Was so looking forward to celebrating with 20,000 City fans.

You're doing the right thing, mate. Your grandad, being a footy fan, will appreciate what you're giving up and it will bring you closer. And you can always get him to shell out for you to see the Norwich away game next season.

Archived