IGNORED

Where Have All The Extra Fans Come From?

RedM

OK, I'm prepared to be shot down but I just had to ask!

Anyone else think it's a bit sad people are scrabbling around for tickets? We've hardly had many other matches where we've sold out this season, not that I'm knocking the sell out that's a good thing, but our attendences haven't been great this season overall.

Where have you all been?

Will you be back if we win, will you be back if we fail to get promotion?

Sorry, just had to ask.

Anyone else think it's a bit sad people are scrabbling around for tickets? We've hardly had many other matches where we've sold out this season, not that I'm knocking the sell out that's a good thing, but our attendences haven't been great this season overall.

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

i see what u r saying, but 19,000 people probably can't make it to every match due to money / family commitments / travel etc,

example - one week, person A will go to a match, and the next home match, they wont but people B & C who couldn't go to the first match will attend this one. see what i'm saying??

This week, just happens to be an important week, so more city fans will put this game above any other plans. WHat p155es me off most is when we go to Cardiff / Wembley and 35,000 city fans come out of nowhere.

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

And you are right to ask. I have been thinknig the exact same thing since the Forest game!

Where have you all been?

Seeing as I started a 'ticket' thread, I best at least reply to this.

Following many years (I'm 30 BTW!) supporting city with a season ticket, the fiasco against Brighton at the Mel stadium when Mr Lita was left out of the side, persuaded me not to bother again until things picked up. It was at the FA Cup that year (away at Brentford on a cold damp night) that started me thinking if it was really worth it with the shambolic displays, but sitting in the Mel stadium dejected finally convinced me not to renew my season ticket. So I have been a silent supporter for the past few seasons simply tuning into the radio at home every week and visiting the odd home game if I was free.

Working for Mr Lansdown himself (I sit not 20ft away from his desk!) has of course kept my interest going, and a change of circumstances this weekend (I was due to be in Kent), means I can possibly see my team get their well deserved promotion, if I can get a ticket.

Hope that's ok? ;):)

I see what you're saying and agree completely.

I would have had a ticket weeks ago but I play on Saturdays and it wasn't until this Sunday that our game had to re-arranged to Tuesday 8th May for various reasons (pitch unvailable, opposition players playing cricket now!).

I then had a chance to watch City by which time all the tickets had sold out and I failed to get one of the 300 extra ones on sale Tuesday - hence the begging now!

I've supported City since 1986 and go to the home mid-week games and occasional away games. When I stop playing football (not long now - my age and I have a baby on the way!) I will be down the Gate every home game as I was when I was younger.

There are a lot of fair weather supporters though, so I completely understand what you are saying.

I'm not questioning anyone who has other commitments, family, financial or distance related. Just wondering if people who want the tickets now have seen us play this season? Are they city fans or just coming to keep mates company? And what can be done to encourage them to come again, if anything?

I really hope any City fan who wants to be there, can be there, and is able to get a ticket.

Can't you ask your boss for a ticket ?

HAHAHAHAHA, I wish! He hasn't got himself in the position he has today by giving things away! There are a couple of hardcore supporters here at HL (home and away without fail!), and even they have to pay for tickets, no discounts & no concessions!

:)

The Saturday local football season accounts for a lot of our support I'm guessing. Their season is all but over now and only the odd games since beginning of April.

Spot on! The Southwest actually has the largest number of amateur players in the country!

I know of a few people that would normally play on a Saturday but their season is now over.

Were also looking at the biggest game since probably 1998 so people will be travelling from all over the country wanting to be a part of it.

Working for Mr Lansdown himself (I sit not 20ft away from his desk!)

Oooh! What's he like as a boss? Does he buy a round on company nights out? Does he talk about his football interests, or keep them entirely seperate? Is he in a bad mood if City lose?

There is a simple answer to this..........and several complicated ones.

People follow success and that's more true in 2007 than it's ever been as is the fact that there are more alternatives for our "leisure pound" including more football of far better quality on TV, that is far cheaper.

I know people that:

• Walked after The Millenium.
  • Walked after we got relegated last time.
  • Got fed up with League One Football............aren't we all.

I don't feel that, even given our lofty postn, we're playing entertaining football this season.There is the odd game (Yeovil home-Oldham away) where we've been excellent but when you offset that against games like Huddfld, Carlisle & Cheltenham home & Gillingham away, you can see the point.

For me, this season has proved that, whilst very important, winning isn't everything to an awful lot of people.Three old fans of City who stopped going when we lost at The Millenium, came back for The JPT games against the Gas.They vowed never to return and won't be there Saturday, preferring to play Golf and they were diehards who went home and away for twenty years.

I hope & think we will do it Saturday and anyone that thinks we have fans who don't want success in deluded.

The club have a long way to go in attracting crowd like the ones I was proud to stand in years ago.In some cases they were almost double the 19,500 SL has spoken of today-That shows what is still possible.

Part of that is making the fans feel wanted.There can be no disconnect and fans will want to see investment in players & facilities and I think and hope that SL will allow that.

Get that right and, given the fact that away support is far higher in The Championship and our own optimism will increase and you'll see sell outs at AG more often.

The bottom line in relation to this question is:

WHO CARES??

These people obviously care about BCFC as they have paid money to watch us (hopefully) win promotion.

They bring extra revenue to the club, they create a better atmosphere and hopefully a massive moment like a promotion success on Saturday will make them come more often next season.

So personally I don't care where these people come from, nor do I sneer at them for being part timers. I'd like to see as many people as possible watch City - And hopefully get hooked!

:city:

Does he talk about his football interests, or keep them entirely seperate?

To be honest unless he talks to you about City, it's best not to hassle him about it. I know that if I were in his shoes the last thing I would want is fans stopping me and giving their opinions on the team, week in week out. Having said that though he is not adverse to sitting down on a friday afternoon for a 5 minute chinwag with the city regulars, if it's not to busy.

Is he in a bad mood if City lose?

Never, I can honestly say with my hand on my heart, he is ALWAYS optimistic and looking at the positives from every game, regardless of the result.

:)

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

know what you mean, but that happens all the time,(and at every club) LDV etc, at the moment don't really care, as long as on saturday they all get behind the club and make it a great atmosphere, and if these people help us get promotion all well and good, I think I can live with that for now.

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

I`ve been waiting for the E.E to open; will I be back if when we win ? see first ans

Fact is there are loads of fairweather fans who all want to jump aboard the promotion bandwagon.Whilst they are partimers they do provide much extra revenue and thier money is as good as anyone elses.

The problem is that they can take the tickets of more loyal fans who are left high and dry.

I think you will find that a lot of the exiles like me who mainly travel to away games in thier area are making the effort to come home for the weekend. Whilst i have been a red for years i am far less committed than when i lived in bristol. I used to use my City 2000 membership to help get sort after tickets and make up for my lack of regular attendance.

So yes, i am a part timer, but we arn't all lucky enough to live in bristol, and some of us cannot give up every saturday to drive home.

Still it does annoy me that i'm lumping myself in with the #### who get a big game ticket off a mate in the pub and turn up wearing a blue jumper!

Fact is there are loads of fairweather fans who all want to jump aboard the promotion bandwagon.Whilst they are partimers they do provide much extra revenue and thier money is as good as anyone elses.

The problem is that they can take the tickets of more loyal fans who are left high and dry.

Problem being what is a loyal fan? someone who gets there "when they can" or someone who puts watching City before most everything else? whatabout someone who used to go to all home and most away but now has other priorities? or someone who goes when they can afford; maybe someone who buys a season ticket; whatabout someone who travels hundreds of miles half a dozen times a season to see home games; don't forget the I`ve done longer than you thing as well 1 week newbie or 40 years plus?

its that old who`s the part timer thing again and who`s considerably more important :fastasleep:

Thought we are ALL City fans the end :yes:

Is it that big a problem? Many of the loyal fans will either have a season ticket (if you're that loyal and go to every game it makes no sense not to have one) or will have booked well in advance.

You haven't done this in your post, but I don't like the underlying message in some posts that part time supporters are inferior because they don't sweat BCFC blood.

We shouldn't be shunning the part timers we should be welcoming them with open arms. The more people, the more BCFC benefits and god forbid - maybe more of an atmosphere?

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

Wether its a fan for the day or forever, does it really matter and who cares :dunno: thats their problem or loss or even blessing some games.

Point being there must be a tiny minority of fans who havent had ample chance to buy a ticket, most are chancers hoping for a last minute ticket.

Liverpool/Manure shirts have been appearing in every pub in the land over the last few days most wouldnt even know where the respective grounds were but were fans for the "day" as a few will be at our ground on Sat.

We shouldn't be shunning the part timers we should be welcoming them with open arms. The more people, the more BCFC benefits and god forbid - maybe more of an atmosphere?

I'm certainly not shunning partime fans - as I said earlier their dosh is as good as anyone elses.

However if I were an exile who lived miles away and could only get to a few home games but more away I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't get a ticket for what will hopefully be a promotion day because the 'two games a season' types had bought them all up.

I'm certainly not shunning partime fans - as I said earlier their dosh is as good as anyone elses.

However if I were an exile who lived miles away and could only get to a few home games but more away I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't get a ticket for what will hopefully be a promotion day because the 'two games a season' types had bought them all up.

:disapointed2se: thats rubbish; there are these computer thingys :igiveup: that you can buy tickets on and as said earlier all have had ample time.

p.s you can live miles away yourself if you like; 10`s of thousands of them :clapping:

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

Fair comment Em, they cant all be part timers like me............ :whistle2:

Too much presumption in your statement for me.

These "two games a season" type may become 4, 5 or 23 some time in the future.

I agree that it is a shame that there are some very loyal fans who may have missed out for whatever reason, but, that is the way it goes sometimes when demand suddenly out-strips supply.

They'll be back. Hopefully along with the others !!

Sometimes Robbored....... you really make me laugh...... this is one of those occasions

For the sake of all of us ....... pass the prawn sandwich my good fellow :)

Any 'loyal fan' that wanted a ticket could get one....... and you know that...... don't you?

Being a 'loyal fan' and missing the boat is a totally different thing?

Where have you all been?

Sorry, just had to ask.

I see stupid little chav girls down the gate every big game not even watching.... Its Sick

Same happens all over the country.

Some fans are not satisfied with the week-2-week dramas of a lower league season - some want the guarentee of performance or a match that has a big conclusion.

Many are also locals who will take their Chelsea supporting kids to their first football match.

Swindon have also sold out for Saturday - and I'm sure many other big attendances will occur across the country in the same situation.

fao: robbored. I'm sure that if any committed exile fans were committed enough to be committed then one way or another they would have a ticket. Are you being stupid or simply fishing again? (The two aren't muturally exclusive in your case) One question - do you make a prat of yourself for attention or are you genuinely a prat?

To answer RedM: Apply this to Millenium '04 and I'd understand.

Archived