IGNORED

Signings For Next Season

cidernuta

What about paul Mcveigh?....he has just been released from norwich and from the times i have seen him play, he would be a good aquistion.He is on-loan at burnley at the moment, and has produced fantastic displays, scoring 2 goals in 6 appearances.Since Burnley got him on loan their fortunes turned and staved off the relegation dog fight they were once dragged in to.Coincidence?

I have also heard that Norwich have released Peter Thorne...i hope the scummer dosn't find another club and rots.

I think we can forget any chance of getting Leon Best now he's playing and scoring for Southampton. I would have thought that mcVeigh was Burnley bound if they like him that much. Lansdowne and johnson have said the players they want are already pinpointed, just need to wheel and deal now.

Yea i reckon we will, he seemed interested before but wanted to see if we went up. A striker is a must IMO

Good enough reason to say #### him. If we weren;t big enough or successful enough for him in league one it tells me he's only interested in himself

My mate whos a Everton season ticket holder has said about Anichebi (sorry about spelling) on a season long loan. With the links we have with Everton could be possible? He's got plenty of pace and from what ive seen can finish.

My mate whos a Everton season ticket holder has said about Anichebi (sorry about spelling) on a season long loan. With the links we have with Everton could be possible? He's got plenty of pace and from what ive seen can finish.

No chance.

Popisil AND David Healy - Andy Smith to tell his NI mate what a great place AG is?? (LJ and Jamie Mc will already have told Popisil.

Bigger clubs than us will be after Healy. If Forest don't go up, I wonder if our interest in Holt might re-emerge. Likewise Porter if Oldham don't make it.

£5M + available?!

Why not get Nugent as well

yeah. why not! Ok, not nugent... but he's an international. I think we can get freddy.Can't see him costing 5m. What did keogh go for? £850,000. can't see sharp going for more than 2m. Eastwood's well within our sights.

Good enough reason to say #### him. If we weren;t big enough or successful enough for him in league one it tells me he's only interested in himself

A regular at Hearts (well as regular as anyone at Hearts has been this season) with UEFA cup football in reach, or move down to play in Division one. Get real mate, face it, the reason we have struggled to attract really good players is becuase we have been playing in a low league; with little national/international media attention. You can't blame him for not fancying it; the fact he may change his decision is a more of a signal of desire/potential.

I would have been surprised if he had come to us in Jan and would have thought he was only coming for the £ if he had of come then.

The Championship will open up doors

I think we need to look at a defencive midfielder because although skuse is there i think we need an experienced worker we do need another winger aswell because murray's getting on abit and betsy and wilson wont go the season without being tired, injured, suspended or or after last season in prison...nothing like that happened this year did it? how about that wesley hoolahan? i saw BLackpool in the Carling cup and they were dyer but he was showing signs of a player that could turn a game. We need to be strong and be able to catch teams on the counter

Darren Byfield.

Interesting to see Steve Bruce say about the need to have good strikers in the championship ( Source ). I think the vast majority of our spending has to be up front, as I am sure most agree. Could mean the difference between a good season and a nail-biting one!

"It just shows you what kind of league it is," Bruce told Sky Sports 1. "As I've said all year, you've got to score a goal.

"That's where we invested in the close season and, to be fair, over the last few weeks we've done that.

Interesting to see Steve Bruce say about the need to have good strikers in the championship ( Source ). I think the vast majority of our spending has to be up front, as I am sure most agree. Could mean the difference between a good season and a nail-biting one!

"It just shows you what kind of league it is," Bruce told Sky Sports 1. "As I've said all year, you've got to score a goal.

"That's where we invested in the close season and, to be fair, over the last few weeks we've done that.

For get 1 striker... we need 2 with Brooks and Enoch as back up.

I hope yesterdays game was Jevo's last.

Thanks for all your Running Smith but absolutely no chance in the Championship.

Lets get real and get some quality in.

For get 1 striker... we need 2 with Brooks and Enoch as back up.

I hope yesterdays game was Jevo's last.

Thanks for all your Running Smith but absolutely no chance in the Championship.

Lets get real and get some quality in.

Agreed, although Enoch and particularly Brooks still have a big part to play.

Porter, Healy, Eastwood, Sharp... Be nice to have players of that quality. It all depends on ambition, and ambition costs a lot of money in todays game!

I would like one experienced striker to come in (Always a fan of Steve Kabba and powerful, fast strikers. But maybe it is worth taking a good look at the free transfers for this) , and a young ambitious striker to join him (maybe Porter, or Hoskins if Watford would let him go. Or go for a more risky but possibly cheaper Izzy Mcloud).

I've cribbed the list from elsewhere but some of these look possible. Obviously we can forget David Healy and Billy Sharp, plus any big name players.

Luke Beckett

Trevor Sinclair

Leon Best

Kevin Nicholls

Lee Hendrie

Jermaine Beckford

Dougie Freedman

Michael Turner

David Livermore

Lee Camp

Jalhinho

Dean Sinclair

Lloyd Owusu

Inigo Idiakez

Duncan Ferguson

Sam Parkin

Alan Maher

Izale Mcleod

Richard Cresswell

Simone Inzaghi

Malcolm Christie

Luke Varney

Duncan Ferguson obviously as part of the job creation scheme we run for physios.

I've cribbed the list from elsewhere but some of these look possible. Obviously we can forget David Healy and Billy Sharp, plus any big name players.

Luke Beckett

Trevor Sinclair

Leon Best

Kevin Nicholls

Lee Hendrie

Jermaine Beckford

Dougie Freedman

Michael Turner

David Livermore

Lee Camp

Jalhinho

Dean Sinclair

Lloyd Owusu

Inigo Idiakez

Duncan Ferguson

Sam Parkin

Alan Maher

Izale Mcleod

Richard Cresswell

Simone Inzaghi

Malcolm Christie

Luke Varney

Duncan Ferguson obviously as part of the job creation scheme we run for physios.

I will put money on us signing a forward that no one has heard of. More Johnsons style. Lansdown has already stated hes goign to look at foreign players because their wages are cheaper.

Should go for some ist division players Luke Varney crewe lester forest consatine port vale luke beckett

eastwood southend I think we need two strikers anda midfielder wellens I alwaysrate highly

Constantine is shit. Yes, I know he scored a few but he really is, he's 29 and that's the first season he's got a decent haul.

Lester is a good player but is just past his peak, paid stupid money at Forest and not quick.

Beckett couldn't get a game at this level before but I think would be a decent backup for Brooker.

Eastwood will be out of our price range.

Varney's a good shout. Young, quick, talented, probably within our price range and at a club we are now a step up from.

Pospicil didn't come before because he wanted to make a go of it at Hearts. I suspect he will only come if he's told he's surplus to requirements.

I'd like to see us chasing after Leon Best. He might be scoring for Southampton but he's not signed a new deal there and doesn't look likely to.

I'd also like to see us taking a look at season long loans from Prem sides. Look how players like Bendtner and Larsson have done for Birmingham.

I think we should be after strikers with pace. Either young players who will improve, or a pro around 25-26 who is approaching his peak and already done it at this level. There's no need for a big lumbering brute up front now that we're out of that league and we most definitely should not go for any "big name" players on the way down, waste of money.

Should go for some ist division players Luke Varney crewe lester forest consatine port vale luke beckett

eastwood southend I think we need two strikers anda midfielder wellens I alwaysrate highly

although arrogent i like wellens, hes quality but i think 2 quality strikers and we'd compete in the championship easily

Luke Varney OR Nicky maynard of Crewe,

Perhaps a cheeky bid for Kris Commons if Forest stay down.

The main ingredient we need is pace, and preferably lots of it.

Ok, some people may laugh at some of these, but l'm still on a high.

my first suggestion is... are you ready?

1. Mikel Forsell - Striker - Did a wonder job for Birmingham whilst on loan from chelsea and ever did a job at chelsea. Got injured, wont play in the prem under Bruce l feel.

2. Kris Commons if Forest stay down, which for the record l think they will.

3. Richard Garcia - Colcester, always liked this player.

Archived