IGNORED

Signings For Next Season

cidernuta

I like Wellens, but how much better will he be for City over 2 seasons than Artus.

Artus 19 this year and GJ said last November, very close to first team selection. He is the reserve team captain with 13 starts and 5 goals from midfield. Skuse has done a job as a local lad, and Artus is rated much higher.

Lets give the local lad a chance first, before another club does.

Luke Varney OR Nicky maynard of Crewe,

Perhaps a cheeky bid for Kris Commons if Forest stay down.

The main ingredient we need is pace, and preferably lots of it.

Great call I like the look of Varney my dad thinks Maynard and we both want Commons + Popisil :fingerscrossed:

Anyone know how much Johnson would have to spend? I think we'll only need 3/4 new players to complement what we've got already.

2 of those probably needs to be strikers and I reckon Johnson will be looking at the best talent in league 1 and 2. So the likes of Varney, McLeod, Tyson, Maynard, Porter could be a realistic targets. I just hope we don't bring in too many older pros like Hayles, Gallen, Thorne etc.

Hawley sounds good to me.

Forsell was previously possible and nearly came on loan but is off to Hannover now I believe.

Forest players are out of our price range. Forest don't need to sell and they're paying them stupid money - more than we will even at the next level.

I think we will be playing 4-4-1-1 alot next season

If thats the case we need a big strong forward who

can hold the ball up and play it off to our midfield runners.

We need some body in the

Kevin Campbell or

Geoff Horsfield mold

I'm not say them but players like um

also left sided midfilder

There is a player who I think all City fans would be desperate to see sign up for next season.

He is inspirational, a great defender, has some championship experience and could be vital to our progress/survival.

Any guesses guys & dolls?

CAREY

Watching highlights on championship yesterday, we need someone like Kevin Phillips, maybe not him, but who knows where the back of the net is, with experiance who can then use this to help the rest of the strikers. he may be available if WBA go up as i would think he would be too slow for premiership but for championship would be ideal even if just for first season up their as a proven scorer.

A very good point - if Brooker can stay fit next season he'll be a massive player for us.

And then Maynard or Varney to go alongside him.

Maynard will not be coming to Ashton Gate. Crewe turned down £1.7m from Cardiff last week and we certainly won't be spending that sort of money on one player.

Varney would be available for around £750k I reckon and I've made secret of my desire to see him down here next season but we'll have to form an orderly que for his signature, which will be the same with Hoolahan...

Maynard will not be coming to Ashton Gate. Crewe turned down £1.7m from Cardiff last week and we certainly won't be spending that sort of money on one player.

Varney would be available for around £750k I reckon and I've made secret of my desire to see him down here next season but we'll have to form an orderly que for his signature, which will be the same with Hoolahan...

There was no offer for Maynard, it was just made up tabloid speculation. Anything like £1.7m would have had Crewe snapping Cardiff's arm off. He's not even the better player of the two.

Varney will most likely go for anything over £500k with a hefty sell on and there's no reason we can't do that - we're a step up and we have a great deal to offer a young player on his way up.

forsell has gone elsewhere hasnt he in germany ? just been looking at saturdays results and some youngun Chris Curran from tranmere , has scored 4 in 2 hat-trick on saturday maybe worth a look at ?

Spoke to a Tranmere mate of mine yesterday about him and apparently he's got 29 goals in Reserve team football this season and it was his first game up played in his correct position up front. They'd been playing him as a right-back before!

Archived