IGNORED

Right, Enough Celebrating

no_merde

Ok, I don't want to spoil the party, but I would like to start us thinking now about avoiding relegation next season. We have a very good chance of doing this with a cracking manager and strong backbone of the team, but we are DEFINITELY going to need some stronger, more experienced players in various areas of the park.

At present I see this being our best starting line up in the summer:

?Keeper?

Orr - Carey - McCombe - Keogh

McAllister - Johnson - Noble - ?Winger?

?Striker? - ?Striker?

Subs:

Murray

Showumni

Skuse

Russell

We're going to need to get two solid strikers who can feed off the clever play that Johnson and Noble are going to conjur, and we're going to need two fast wingers to create space for the rest of the midfield.

Johnson's obviously going to go back to Hearts for one of his strikers but I'm really excited to see who else he brings in.

Next year is going to be cracker

Ok, I don't want to spoil the party, but I would like to start us thinking now about avoiding relegation next season. We have a very good chance of doing this with a cracking manager and strong backbone of the team, but we are DEFINITELY going to need some stronger, more experienced players in various areas of the park.

At present I see this being our best starting line up in the summer:

?Keeper?

Orr - Carey - McCombe - Keogh

McAllister - Johnson - Noble - ?Winger?

?Striker? - ?Striker?

Subs:

Murray

Showumni

Skuse

Russell

We're going to need to get two solid strikers who can feed off the clever play that Johnson and Noble are going to conjur, and we're going to need two fast wingers to create space for the rest of the midfield.

Johnson's obviously going to go back to Hearts for one of his strikers but I'm really excited to see who else he brings in.

Next year is going to be cracker

A centre back at left back? A left back on the right wing? Two attacking midfielders with no backbone?

At the moment I'm confident of staying up, but with a team like that I'd be very worried! Our current goalkeeper and defence are probably fine, just need the goals up front. 2 strikers and maybe a winger/ experienced centre midfielder should be our targets imo.

A centre back at left back? A left back on the right wing? Two attacking midfielders with no backbone?

At the moment I'm confident of staying up, but with a team like that I'd be very worried! Our current goalkeeper and defence are probably fine, just need to goals up front. 2 strikers and maybe a winger/ experienced centre midfielder should be our targets imo.

Sorry, wasn't supposed to indicate specific positions just their line-up. Please you agree on the need though - I think we want that scouting network working over time at the moment.

I'm fairly confident if we can bring in two strikers that are capable of scoring then we can look forward to mid table consolidation.

Mid-table is the target for me. I think we want to steer clear of any of the playoff hyperbole and position ourselves for a mid table finish this year. Let's concentrate on consolidating the benefits in this league (better cup runs, bigger gates) this year, and then build for a premiership push on a stable financial ground in a couple of season's time.

If we were offerd 21st now i'd bite your arm off for it! Think our defence and current keepers are fine, think Betsy showed in the second half that he can go past people and when he cut inside and his shot just went wide shows with some confidance and a full pre season training with the squad he can be a good player. Agree I think we need some one on the left, a strong cm player but maybe Keogh could just be put in behind the midfiled as our tackaling player. And yes we need to goal scores however I would like to see Jevons and Brooker kept at the club becuase Jevons has showed he has got class and the season before Brooker was GOD and after a torrid season people think he is crap and we should send him to League 2!

Think we could have somthing like

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

Betsty Johnson *tackaling player* JMW/*left winger*

*New goal scorer* *New goal scorer*

Players to fill these postions I would like to see Wes Hoolahan or maybe Kris Commons if these don't go up as I think they are both really good left sided players! Think we might see another bid for Popsil is it who we went for in January, and not sure about CM player maybe Artus if he can put tackels in!?

If we were offerd 21st now i'd bite your arm off for it! Think our defence and current keepers are fine, think Betsy showed in the second half that he can go past people and when he cut inside and his shot just went wide shows with some confidance and a full pre season training with the squad he can be a good player. Agree I think we need some one on the left, a strong cm player but maybe Keogh could just be put in behind the midfiled as our tackaling player. And yes we need to goal scores however I would like to see Jevons and Brooker kept at the club becuase Jevons has showed he has got class and the season before Brooker was GOD and after a torrid season people think he is crap and we should send him to League 2!

Think we could have somthing like

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

Betsty Johnson *tackaling player* JMW/*left winger*

*New goal scorer* *New goal scorer*

Players to fill these postions I would like to see Wes Hoolahan or maybe Kris Commons if these don't go up as I think they are both really good left sided players! Think we might see another bid for Popsil is it who we went for in January, and not sure about CM player maybe Artus if he can put tackels in!?

Jevons has shown he's got class??? When?

For one of the strikers, I would like GJ to go for Solskjaer.

Apparently he is being released by Man U, he is only 33/34 (Mark Robins was the same age when he came to us), has tons of experience, is a model pro and would still score goals at this level.

Now, whether he would drop down a league, take a (huge) wage cut, move 1/2 way down the country and move to another English club remains to be seen though. :dunno:

don't get me wrong, I very much doubt will we go for him/he will come, but it would be nice for us to be going for someone of this quality, as it would show ambition and he could be a player who would help the younger players immensely. Maybe even offer him a coaching role?

As for the other srikers role, I think Popisil will be the guy there. GJ obviously rates him, he didnt want to drop down to League 1, and the fact he wanted to play for his place at Hearts, shows he's got character too.

I think we need to look at the players that may be leaving the club, to see where will we be strengthening.

I can see Partridge, Russell (although it would be a shame), Woodman and maybe Jevons/Brooker (due to injury record) leaving. If that happens will we still have a pretty big(ish) squad, and with a few quality signings in the right positions, we should be ok.

Whatever happens I will trust the board and GJ with whatever they choose to do, as they havent let me down this year, so have earnt my trust.

I've not been a fan of Wilson but did any of you lot pick up on how well he played Saturday.....

Yep I thought Wilson and Betsy were both much improved on Saturday, and looked far more dangerous. Still unconvinced that they can cut it in a higher league though.

Yep I thought Wilson and Betsy were both much improved on Saturday, and looked far more dangerous. Still unconvinced that they can cut it in a higher league though.

Totally right - one game a season does not make

I think we need to get two quality CF and at least another 'super-scotty-murray' who's prepared to take players on and create space. I think Wilson and Betsy are covering players at best in this next league

I think starting off with a 352 would be a good plan - stifle the midfield and make us hard to break down while we become accustomed.

I'd be delighted to see us line up like this:

GK Basso

CB Orr

CB Carey

CB McCombe

RWB Wilson

CM Russell

CM Johnson

LWB McAllister

ACM Noble

CF Brooker

CF Varney

Bench:

Weale

Keogh

Skuse

Hoolahan

Pospicil

Edit: Can someone PLEASE turn off that ###### irritating feature that tries to remove multiple full stops ?

For one of the strikers, I would like GJ to go for Solskjaer.

Apparently he is being released by Man U, he is only 33/34 (Mark Robins was the same age when he came to us), has tons of experience, is a model pro and would still score goals at this level.

Now, whether he would drop down a league, take a (huge) wage cut, move 1/2 way down the country and move to another English club remains to be seen though. :dunno:

don't get me wrong, I very much doubt will we go for him/he will come, but it would be nice for us to be going for someone of this quality, as it would show ambition and he could be a player who would help the younger players immensely. Maybe even offer him a coaching role?

As for the other srikers role, I think Popisil will be the guy there. GJ obviously rates him, he didnt want to drop down to League 1, and the fact he wanted to play for his place at Hearts, shows he's got character too.

I think we need to look at the players that may be leaving the club, to see where will we be strengthening.

I can see Partridge, Russell (although it would be a shame), Woodman and maybe Jevons/Brooker (due to injury record) leaving. If that happens will we still have a pretty big(ish) squad, and with a few quality signings in the right positions, we should be ok.

Whatever happens I will trust the board and GJ with whatever they choose to do, as they havent let me down this year, so have earnt my trust.

Mate, Solskjaer would never come to us in a million trillion billion zillion years.

Infact, no, just no, its never going to happen.

... along the same lines as the Solskjaer idea, is Andy Cole out of the question? Same pedigree & same drawbacks, but worth a thought.

Maybe Akinbiyi.. :laugh:, sounds funny but he always scores goals in the division.. but it would be to much like last time.

Forrsell it is for me

... along the same lines as the Solskjaer idea, is Andy Cole out of the question? Same pedigree & same drawbacks, but worth a thought.

There is zero chance that either of them would come and play here.

I wouldn't want either of them to anyway.

Solskaer wouldn't consider it in a million years, he's retiring. Even if he did I don't want our club to piss twenty grand a week plus away on a 34 year old injury prone player.

Cole has entirely the wrong attitude, he's a proven whinger and he'd last five seconds with GJ. Again - old and injury prone.

Let's try and find the next Solskaer, Cole or Fowler. Not sign the one who, great player though he was, is now past it.

I think we want to steer clear of any of the playoff hyperbole and position ourselves for a mid table finish this year.

I have to say this is the most ridculus post I have ever seen.

You think we need to steer clear of the play offs? What, if we are in a play off place or just off it come May next year, you think we would be better placed to stay down mid table.

We are just one good season from the Prem. Keep that in mind!

Regards

Steve

Think Wilson should be included in starting team regularly next season. Saturday he proved how dangerous he could be. Yes, I know one good game doesn't make up for various games of disappointing play, but bare in mind he's only been with the club for what... 5 months? Give him a chance to settle in. Can see him cutting through defences next season, pace, power, agility and a good cross. I have faith in Wilson.

Ole Gunnar is going to sunderland

Cole, Forrsell, Ole Gunnar, Ade - plain stupid ideas, none of which would be even slightly interested in joining us, and would totally blow the wage bill out of the water, we've had all past it strikers in the past and it hasn't worked.

personally would love to see us go for someone like Varney or Maynard or maybe Chris Porter if we stay do, it's about being realistic and not going for some big name with a big time attitude and wages.

as for Brian Wilson he's been getting better as the season has gone on and looks a very good player, saturday was an excellent performance from him personally next season I wouldn't make too many changes, just a forward really like the above and go from there, no need to make wholesale changes personally when fit I would go with.

Weale

Orr, McCombe, Carey, McAllister

Murray, Skuse, Johnson, Wilson

Noble

Brooker

or

Weale

Weale

Murray, Skuse, Johnson/Noble, Wilson

Brooker, New Forward

with Squad players like Betsy, Keogh, Russell, Betsy, Jevons, Enoch, Jennison

I'd be quite happy with what we have now

let's not the same mistakes as last time

Ole Gunnar is going to sunderland

Cole, Forrsell, Ole Gunnar, Ade - plain stupid ideas, none of which would be even slightly interested in joining us, and would totally blow the wage bill out of the water, we've had all past it strikers in the past and it hasn't worked.

personally would love to see us go for someone like Varney or Maynard or maybe Chris Porter if we stay do, it's about being realistic and not going for some big name with a big time attitude and wages.

as for Brian Wilson he's been getting better as the season has gone on and looks a very good player, saturday was an excellent performance from him personally next season I wouldn't make too many changes, just a forward really like the above and go from there, no need to make wholesale changes personally when fit I would go with.

Weale

Murray, Skuse, Johnson, Wilson

Noble

Brooker

or

Weale

Weale

Murray, Skuse, Johnson/Noble, Wilson

Brooker, New Forward

with Squad players like Betsy, Keogh, Russell, Betsy, Jevons, Enoch, Jennison

I'd be quite happy with what we have now

let's not the same mistakes as last time

Southend won the league last year and stuck with what they had. Look what happened to them. We need to keep building piece by piece. GJ knows what he is doing and I think we will surprise a few people next season.

Well Steve Bruce said he'd like to keep him at Birmingham for next season, but due to him still having a year on his contract at Portsmouth, can't see it happening because of his wages.

Birmingham have just been promoted to the Premiership, and they're saying they can't afford his wages. What chance have we got?

• Admin
Southend won the league last year and stuck with what they had. Look what happened to them. We need to keep building piece by piece. GJ knows what he is doing and I think we will surprise a few people next season.

...and when Watford went up with us last time they added just one hitherto known as "crap" striker and went straight on up to the Prem!

I particularly like the look of Nibor's 352 above with realistic signings and blooding most the new signings from the bench.

With Russell, Johnson & Noble filling the midfield, just think what we could achieve with two strikers worthy of the description in Brooks & Varney ahead of them. :D

I think starting off with a 352 would be a good plan - stifle the midfield and make us hard to break down while we become accustomed.

I'd be delighted to see us line up like this:

GK Basso

CB Orr

CB Carey

CB McCombe

RWB Wilson

CM Russell

CM Johnson

LWB McAllister

ACM Noble

CF Brooker

CF Varney

Bench:

Weale

Keogh

Skuse

Hoolahan

Pospicil

Edit: Can someone PLEASE turn off that ###### irritating feature that tries to remove multiple full stops ?

Gotta agree pretty much with that, although i'd probably swap Keogh and Bradders round, but apart from that i think that side would be fine in the championship.

I have to say this is the most ridculus post I have ever seen.

I'm guessing, if you're a regular on this boad, this certainly isn't the most ridculus (sic) post you've ever seen.

This season is about consolidation - it would be seriously bad for the clubs finances and players if we went all the way to the playoffs and (heaven forbid) prem this season. I'd prefer a mid table finish for the next 2 seasons before we decide to push on.

...and SL must be ridiculous as well, as this is now exactly what he's said on the main site.

''Cole, Forrsell, Ole Gunnar, Ade - plain stupid ideas''

Can you please explain to me why my suggestions of Ade Akinbiyi and Mikel Forsell are stupid?

Thanks in advance.

I think Forsell is going to the bundesliga with Hannover.......Id imagine his wages would probably be too high anyway. Akinbiyi only returned to Burnley in january for £750k, They would want at least this and he will be nearly 33 by the time the season starts so isnt getting any younger.

would love Varney, but being who Crewe are and their reputation for developing young player, alot of other clubs will be watching him, although we are now a championship club, I think alot of the more established championship and smaller prem clubs will be looking very hard and with alot of interest at him, so it could be a strong battle to get him that I think we could miss out on.

personally fancy Popisilli coming in,

but as long as we bring in another forward and maybe a young left back as cover for Jamie Mac, I'll be fairly happy

Are there any Yeovil players that GJ might consider bringing to AG, if Yeovil do not get promoted via the Pray-Offs!?

What about Frankie Artus and Tristan Plummer, surely they need to be factored into the squad, otherwise they will be considering their future at BCFC, which would be a great shame?!

Archived