IGNORED

Right, Enough Celebrating

no_merde

I'm guessing, if you're a regular on this boad, this certainly isn't the most ridculus (sic) post you've ever seen.

This season is about consolidation - it would be seriously bad for the clubs finances and players if we went all the way to the playoffs and (heaven forbid) prem this season. I'd prefer a mid table finish for the next 2 seasons before we decide to push on.

...and SL must be ridiculous as well, as this is now exactly what he's said on the main site.

Agree totally. With GJ's reputation I really can't see him going for any 'names' anyway. We have to bear in mind as well that for an outsider we're still essentially a small club - there's lots of big boys in the Championship that can beat us hands down when it comes to finances and, unfortunately, reputation...

Some loan signings like the sort Birmingham have had this season would suit me down to the ground though.

Guest ashtonyate
For one of the strikers, I would like GJ to go for Solskjaer.

Apparently he is being released by Man U, he is only 33/34 (Mark Robins was the same age when he came to us), has tons of experience, is a model pro and would still score goals at this level.

Now, whether he would drop down a league, take a (huge) wage cut, move 1/2 way down the country and move to another English club remains to be seen though. :dunno:

don't get me wrong, I very much doubt will we go for him/he will come, but it would be nice for us to be going for someone of this quality, as it would show ambition and he could be a player who would help the younger players immensely. Maybe even offer him a coaching role?

As for the other srikers role, I think Popisil will be the guy there. GJ obviously rates him, he didnt want to drop down to League 1, and the fact he wanted to play for his place at Hearts, shows he's got character too.

I think we need to look at the players that may be leaving the club, to see where will we be strengthening.

I can see Partridge, Russell (although it would be a shame), Woodman and maybe Jevons/Brooker (due to injury record) leaving. If that happens will we still have a pretty big(ish) squad, and with a few quality signings in the right positions, we should be ok.

Whatever happens I will trust the board and GJ with whatever they choose to do, as they havent let me down this year, so have earnt my trust.

ra

I think the ex prem player have to much money to be temped to drop down a division unless they love the game that much I think he will go back to Denmark to finish his career

Archived