IGNORED

Woodys Gone / 7 Players Released (merged)

Wilksi

No mention of Partridge :dunno:

still got another season left on his contract, I'd imagine he will leave at some point, saying that he didn't impress at Orient or Swindon so getting rid of him could be easier said than done

I am sure there was something in the evening post a while back about russell having a clause that he would be offered a new deal on playing a certain number of games which I expect he exceeded given the number of times he appeared in the run in

Benyon never got a chance. :disapointed2se:

Could come back and haunt us that one!

He may do - but there may be similarities between Benyon and Alex Meechan. Everyone had high hope for Meechan but he never quite made the grade in the League but did well at Conference level. We'll just have to wait and see.

Woodman

Smith

Thomas

Grubb

Wring

Benyon

Lamb

Shame about Woody. I would have liked to see Smith here next year as well though I know opinion is divided on that.

But: I don't think these departures will free up much in the way of wages for new players, which will restrict signings this summer.

• SC&T Board Members
Shame about Woody. I would have liked to see Smith here next year as well though I know opinion is divided on that.

But: I don't think these departures will free up much in the way of wages for new players, which will restrict signings this summer.

That may be true, but as Tesco say: 'every little helps'!

Not sure I'd want to see anyone else released at this stage. Feel a little sorry for Smith, but it was probably a borderline decision ... another few months on low wages might have been an option, but if his departure helps pave the way for a proven goalscorer, then I'm not complaining.

Having announced a 'release' list, I wonder if we'll now get a 'transfer-listed' list, e.g. for Partridge.

Main site, basically as we all thought......have a peep

Got feel sad for them, certainly Woody and Smith, but both will find clubs.

Wish them goodluck boys and girls

i don't think there were any surprises in the players released.

However i assume this means the likes of keogh, weale and russell will all be offered a new contract? If this is right I'm a bit surprised were keeping hold of Russell.

To be fair to him he's played a key part in the last 5 games or so but hes getting on a bit now. Is it not worth trying to to replace him with someone that will strengthen the midfield?

To me i'd say hes the weak link out of johnson, skuse and Noble.

What does everyone else think?

However i assume this means the likes of keogh, weale and russell will all be offered a new contract? If this is right I'm a bit surprised were keeping hold of Russell.

To be fair to him he's played a key part in the last 5 games or so but hes getting on a bit now. Is it not worth trying to to replace him with someone that will strengthen the midfield?

I think Russel proved his worth regardless of his age. He wont be playing 50 games a season but he is a good experienced head to have around.He definately deserves another year imo.

Russle is one of the fittest players at the club and had a great footballing brain. I reckon he could do a job in the championship easily.

still got another season left on his contract, I'd imagine he will leave at some point, saying that he didn't impress at Orient or Swindon so getting rid of him could be easier said than done

Actually not what I heard. I heard that Swindon didnt really get a proper look at him as during his loan spell there he was injured. Thus they wanted to look at him again. Didnt look to bad in the reserves against rovers last week.

Guest Eamer
what about the other 2? there was 7 released wasnt there?

I only listed five of the seven though. Wouldn't expect Smith or Thomas to go to Swindon/Cheltenham but can see it from the other five. Then you said you reckon three of those will go to Swindon/Cheltenham which leaves two.

I only listed five of the seven though. Wouldn't expect Smith or Thomas to go to Swindon/Cheltenham but can see it from the other five. Then you said you reckon three of those will go to Swindon/Cheltenham which leaves two.

Yeah but what about Smith? Thomas will go back to QPR as he was only on loan. Smith will probably go to someone like Macclesfield or someone like that.

Archived