IGNORED

Woodys Gone / 7 Players Released (merged)

Wilksi

i don't think there were any surprises in the players released.

However i assume this means the likes of keogh, weale and russell will all be offered a new contract? If this is right I'm a bit surprised were keeping hold of Russell.

To be fair to him he's played a key part in the last 5 games or so but hes getting on a bit now. Is it not worth trying to to replace him with someone that will strengthen the midfield?

To me i'd say hes the weak link out of johnson, skuse and Noble.

What does everyone else think?

I can't remember Russell ever having a 'mare of a game. He always looks pretty dependable to me and he did set up 2 key goals for Noble. 'Boro away and 2nd goal on Saturday. I, for one, hope he stays.

Perhaps this is a good place to say our thanks to the released players. I can't speak for the others, but Woodman and Smith were good professionals, and the latter ran his heart out every chance he got.

Good luck boys!

A bit of a shame to see Woodman go. When he got a run in the side, he looked a decent player.

Aside from that, I don't see we have a "proper" second choice left back - Fontaine & Keogh are both central defenders.

A bit of a shame to see Woodman go. When he got a run in the side, he looked a decent player.

Aside from that, I don't see we have a "proper" second choice left back - Fontaine & Keogh are both central defenders.

Decent and Championship quality are two different things.

:city: Sad to see Woody go,he has been unlucky to be number two left back to a secession of good players.

Lets hope that he finds a club soon (along with all the others released) if he really knuckles down he can be a be a very good player.

Guest Eamer
I see that Micky Bell has been released by John Ward at Cheltenham. I would have thought that Woody would be the most likely and an ideal replacement.

They'll probably take a look at a couple of the younger players released too. They like taking our former players.

Archived