IGNORED

Retained List

Bristol Boy

Seems to be some pointless point scoring in this topic........no game to discuss ?

In any event, Carey signs for 2 and half years/seasons, who really cares, Carey signs is the only relevent matter. The rest comes down to fine print and detail, and the old adage still applies, women thrive on detail, men hate it.

You really are a complete moron.

I don't mind you not knowing, it's the fact that you think you do that frosts my weaner.

Listen carefully and I will explain AGAIN :smartass:

Seasons do not equal years.

That's why they're called 2006/2007 Season not 2007 Season.

Carey's contract will expire at the end of a season-Mark my words and the start date will ensure that.

For example, his current/last deal, expired AFTER this season finished.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/...27~8943,00.html

Here are the details of the last TWO & A HALF year deal that CAREY Signed

Got it now. :punish:

I am getting confused.

Your first post thread on this post suggests that Carey may sign a 2 1/2 year deal, which obviously finishes part way through a season as his current 2 1/2 year contract started in January 2005.

When this is queried, you go off on one and say that he will sign a contract which finishes at the end of a season, which I don't think anyone disagrees with.

You do seem to be arguing against yourself.

Overall GJ will not rip the squad up. I think we'll see four or five signings, some of the younger players like Artus, Wilson and Plummer play a bigger part, and perhaps two more departures on top of those gone.

Goalkeeping wise we'll see the usual loan keeper come in as third choice.

Defence is fine as it is and I wouldn't expect any signings there. I expect Wilson to be playing more for Bradley Orr's place than on the wing. I hope Keogh and Carey both sign.

In the midfield I think Russell is definitely worth keeping around for a season but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make room. He's been good for us though. I think with him, Artus, Johnson, Noble and Skuse what we have is sufficient. We could strengthen with one quality player but I think we have more pressing concerns particularly if we're going to play 352/451 more often.

On the wings, right side I think Wilson Murray and Betsy will be enough. Betsy will have to improve a great deal to be any more than cover and Wilson will have to be more consistent. On the left side we still have noone and I'd like to see TWO left sided wingers come in. Hoolahan would be nice and there are a few others available.

Up front is the other major concern. We absolutely must bring in two strikers with pace and ability who are better than what we have. We do not need already peaked cast offs from other Championship sides and I can't understand why people keep suggesting names like Gallen and such. Thankfully I doubt GJ will be looking at that sort of player.

I find it unlikely that Jevons will be going anywhere. Still got a year left, thought highly of by the manager, not going to want to leave. He didn't have a great season for us but he was still top scorer in a promotion side and he may (MAY) find it a bit easier in the Championship with more time and room for intelligence to show.

Enoch might well be on his way. I think he's upset GJ by making too much of injuries. Some of the vibes coming from there in the last few months of the season gave me that impression. Enoch has done an important job for us but personally I don't think there is anything more to come from him. I know he hasn't been in professional football long - (only 5 years!) - but you don't suddenly develop an ability to control the ball or any other special powers at his age. You have that sort of thing by 14 or so or you don't get it. I think for a man of his size he's poor in the air and the ball bounces off him when he has his back to the goal. That was OK when he was getting the ball and running at people with menace but he stopped doing that in the second half of the season once everyone figured out to kick him once in the first ten minutes.

I think we will be looking at players like Pospicil, Varney, Hawley, perhaps Holt, and possibly foreigners. I hope to god it isn't Constantine, Reddy, Gallen or any of that sort of rubbish.

Totally agree with you ref names like Gallen, Constantine and Reddy,not the calibre we need to make the step up.Have to disagree with you re Enoch. An example of a player who has improved massively with age and experience is Wayne Allison. He was like Roberts either dreadful or very threatening when he played for us , but lacked consistency and never had much of a first touch. Over the years he acquired guile, timing and positional play and became a fairly decent centre-forward. I may be wrong, but with coaching and more relevantly application, we might get more out of Enoch...IF HE WANTS IT!!!Do agree though that his heading needs remedial classes and he needs to thinkof himself more like Jona Lomu than Wayne Sleep!!!!!

I am getting confused.

Your first post thread on this post suggests that Carey may sign a 2 1/2 year deal, which obviously finishes part way through a season as his current 2 1/2 year contract started in January 2005.

When this is queried, you go off on one and say that he will sign a contract which finishes at the end of a season, which I don't think anyone disagrees with.

I'm confused too. Can BB explain why he thinks Carey will sign a contract that would expire half way through a season?

Guest east_dundry_red

Hang on a second when i post about players that should be gone i get slaged but when sonome else does it its fine?

######s!

Hang on a second when i post about players that should be gone i get slaged but when sonome else does it its fine?

######s!

A couple of days before our most important game for 10 years you post that Betsy and Partridge deserved to be thrown out of the club for being completely useless.

There was no reasoning behind it, nothing to explain your opinion, and it was extremely stupid timing.

What did you expect? Put your toys back in your pram.

Try looking up the word between sack of shit and sagacity in the dictionary.

Using your logic I believe it is sanctimonious.

According to the link that you supply, Carey's 2.5yrs contract will expire in July. If he signs another 2.5yrs contract how will it not expire in January 2010??? :dunno:

If you could come down from your high horse and let this moron know, I'd be ever so grateful.

Not a high horse-Pure exassperation!!

No problem with explaining that.Whether it is a 2.5 year deal or a 2 year deal-SL & GJ don't like three and that's probably what Carey's agant is asking for, the contract won't expire mid season.For example, his current contract expires in July and he is free to walk away on a Bosman.NB It didn't expire in January, Feb, March etc and I've never heard of a players contract expiring before the end of a season or during it.

I think players are free to agree moves six months before they are entitled to a Bosman.

Personally, I would have been talking to LC about an extension at the same time as Brooker (Last close season).

The signing date will be adjusted to ensure this and that may be acheived by extending a current contract with the new one kicking in to cover the next two or three SEASONS.

Regardless of if he signs his contract now or in a couple months it will end at the end of what ever season(s) it is for. the 2.5 year or 2.5 season contracts are ones signed and taking effect midseason.

See, he understands

I am getting confused.

Your first post thread on this post suggests that Carey may sign a 2 1/2 year deal, which obviously finishes part way through a season

No it isn't obvious and no it doesn't

as his current 2 1/2 year contract started in January 2005.

When he rejoined the club

I am arguing with Henry (Some others have jumped in) who said that players DON'T SIGN x + half year contracts.It is abundantly clear-surely even to Henry who asked "Who's ever heard of it"-from reading two links to OUR OWN WEBSITE-Brooker three and a half YEARS Carey TWO AND A HALF YEARS.Therefore it's not my opinion it's a matter a fact and commonplace.

I'm confused too. Can BB explain why he thinks Carey will sign a contract that would expire half way through a season?

Are you a mate of Henrys? Read the thread I've explained it about ten times

talking about Carey I wonder if under his new contract he will want to play a testimonial. Ok I know he went to Coventry for a wee while but hes been at city for donkeys years and surely deserves some recognition for this.

I know that, you know that, Henry knows that, bcfc Seattle knows that.

BB, it seems, doesn't.

BB obviously missed the key words in Henry's first reply "at the start of the season", and then got all pissy for some reason.

We've never signed a player on an X and a half year deal in the close season, nor will we.

years and seasons are the same in this case. Regardless of if he signs his contract now or in a couple months it will end at the end of what ever season(s) it is for. the 2.5 year or 2.5 season contracts are ones signed and taking effect midseason.

I know that, you know that, Henry knows that, bcfc Seattle knows that.

BB, it seems, doesn't.

BB obviously missed the key words in Henry's first reply "at the start of the season", and then got all pissy for some reason.

We've never signed a player on an X and a half year deal in the close season, nor will we.

Thank you lads.

I have sense on numerous times in the run-in this year that Enoch has frustrated the hell out of GJ.

At Carlisle he said to him in the changing room, unless he looks like scoring he's coming off.

At home to someone (it was either Tranmere, Port Vale or around that time) he took him off at half time and made a comment on the radio about some players not giving enough.

Plus, while I like the guy, I just think he'll struggle and get found out by Championship defenders.

A fit Brooker remains the classiest striker we've got. But how long is it since we've seen that???

Need a goalscorer VERY VERY BADLY and everyone knows it.

talking about Carey I wonder if under his new contract he will want to play a testimonial. Ok I know he went to Coventry for a wee while but hes been at city for donkeys years and surely deserves some recognition for this.

That could be one of the reasons he hasn't signed yet.

I have sense on numerous times in the run-in this year that Enoch has frustrated the hell out of GJ.

Agreed

At Carlisle he said to him in the changing room, unless he looks like scoring he's coming off.

At home to someone (it was either Tranmere, Port Vale or around that time) he took him off at half time and made a comment on the radio about some players not giving enough.

Plus, while I like the guy, I just think he'll struggle and get found out by Championship defenders.

A fit Brooker remains the classiest striker we've got. But how long is it since we've seen that???

Need a goalscorer VERY VERY BADLY and everyone knows it.

Spot on and the fact that ES lacked goals from Jan may be for that very reason of being sussed.

Bit like the right footed player on the left-OK for a while.

Seven released and no surprises.

The interesting list will be those players transfer listed:

Partridge is the most obvious-high earner-clearly to far down the pecking order.

After that I reckon it could be:

• Jevons.....Hasn't delivered.
  • Showunmi..Up& Down Season and will GJ be patient?
  • Russell (Has activated a clause and is under contract) but at 33/34 will he be in the first sixteen?
I think Murray (1 Year) & Carey ( 2.5 Years) will sign.

Betsy needs to do more, but GJ won't list him.

That would be 10/11 out.

Cue 5/6 in.

• Two Strikers-Poss three
  • Wide Left Midfielder
  • Central Midfielder
These could include Season or Long Term Loans from Prem Clubs.

Add 2/3 New Professionals, which we hope will include Plummer and that'll be that until Jan barring:

[*]Silly Offers

[*]Injury Crisis

Over to you!

:rolleyes:

Just found this: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1026403,00.html

don't you love it when you are right?

Yes before anyway says, yes its childish and yes I'm bored.

I think we also need one more defender.

Fontaine can cover left back and centre back, Keogh is also good cover but if we picked up a couple of injuries/suspensions at once we would be too thin.

i'm of the same opinion. Apart from keogh,fontaine,brian wilson as cover at the back if we were to loose say both centre halfs through suspension or injury i can only think of wilson from the academy as cover after that, not a great position to be in if it gets to that.

Archived