IGNORED

Btc Extended

dargla

I Hate BTC sponsor makes us look like a conference team, surely we could find a better sponsor now we are in the Championship.

Damn even Swindon have Nationwide

The Sags have Cowlin which is a bigger company than BTC who are a dodgy used cars sales garage.

I Hate BTC sponsor makes us look like a conference team, surely we could find a better sponsor now we are in the Championship.

The Sags have Cowlin which is a bigger company than BTC who are a dodgy used cars sales garage.

Again comeone trying to find things to moan about with this club. While we are un-established at Championship level, we won't get any major (if at all) national sponsors. Swindon have a past (were in the 1st ever Premiership). Who cares about what the Sags have got. They havnt got Championship football to loo forward to next season.

I am sure there are larger sponsors out there with the dosh who would have.

Don't think we bothered looking to hard.

BRISTOL TRADE CENTRE just looks lame.

Yep lets just dump the company that stood by us when we were in a previous league!

Clubs don't generally change their sponsors. We only changed from DAS because they went bust (apparantly).

DAS are still running and are still making millions of profit,

the reason we moved to BTC is because of more money

I think it's fine, having sponsors like btc and blackthorn show support for bristol and the logo looks great on the shirt, it's fine, nobody cares, I'm sure no teams going to look at us and go "oh look at there sponsor, what a highly un proffesional and cheap outfit, the win is basically ours!"

rediculous

Nationwide have a large base in Swindon (and Northampton) hence their sponsorship of both teams.

We could do with one of the many national companies based in Bristol supporting us eg. Orange, Lloyds etc.. but then they would run the risk of alienating gasheads.

I heard that the CEO of the Halifax group is a massive City fan. The Halifax group is probably the largest mortgage lender in the country. One would hope that SL would know this info being in financial services but you never know.

Actually I think the choice of sponsor is more important that just a logo and some money in the bank.

I haven't bought a BTC sponsored shirt because I can't be bothered to explain who they are to non-Bristol football supporters. I had no problem with DAS as they are a national company. I would accept that this might be irrational but it has stopped (and will continue to stop) me buying a shirt.

A friend of mine bought the blank Puma shirt because he didn't want BTC in the middle.

We all moaned like mad when the shirts were made by TFG but everyone was happy when the manufacturer changed to Puma. Big deal - the manufacturer logo is a lot small than the sponsor's logo - but it affected the decision to buy for a lot of people.

Finally I think it says a lot about the aspirations and potential of a football club. If we had Virgin or similar we might actually look like we were going somewhere, that a serious sponsor was prepared to put money into the club and we might be loooking to compete at a higher level.

The fact that we have accepted sponsorship from BTC just six days after gaining promotion tells me that there wasn't a queue of multi-nationals knocking the door down with fat cheques. Next season will be a season of survival.

Thanks for the money BTC but I won't be buying the shirt.

Xiled.

Actually I think the choice of sponsor is more important that just a logo and some money in the bank.

I haven't bought a BTC sponsored shirt because I can't be bothered to explain who they are to non-Bristol football supporters. I had no problem with DAS as they are a national company. I would accept that this might be irrational but it has stopped (and will continue to stop) me buying a shirt.

A friend of mine bought the blank Puma shirt because he didn't want BTC in the middle.

We all moaned like mad when the shirts were made by TFG but everyone was happy when the manufacturer changed to Puma. Big deal - the manufacturer logo is a lot small than the sponsor's logo - but it affected the decision to buy for a lot of people.

Finally I think it says a lot about the aspirations and potential of a football club. If we had Virgin or similar we might actually look like we were going somewhere, that a serious sponsor was prepared to put money into the club and we might be loooking to compete at a higher level.

The fact that we have accepted sponsorship from BTC just six days after gaining promotion tells me that there wasn't a queue of multi-nationals knocking the door down with fat cheques. Next season will be a season of survival.

Xiled.

What?! Most people I find are too busy trying to work out which team I support to worry about who the sponser is. And the problem with TFG wasn't that the badge was wrong, it was because the kits were poorly made.

Xiled.

Well, in the spirit of assistance, I have written a script to enable you to buy a shirt and raise money for City...please accept any errors as I am not a professional script writer..here goes

Non Bristol Football supporter " Nice shirt, but who the **** are BTC?"

Xiled in shiny new championship City shirt "BTC stands for Bristol Trade Centre, they sell cars and have supported us for a few years"

Hope that helps..

we all moaned because the shirts all fell apart! which is why i bought the shirt produced by puma as it didnt fall apart!

what does it matter that we have a smaller company that work with in the community. as long as we get the money.....WHO GIVES A FLYING F###!

any excuse for city fans to have an argument....this really is ridiculous!

Bristol Trade Centre are obviously the only party who have put their money where their mouth is. Unlike Orange, Halifax or any of the other massive companies in Bristol or mentioned on this thread who have no reason or inclination whatsoever to have to justify to their shareholders why they sponsor Bristol City FC.

A Bristol firm stumping up decent money to sponsor a growing Bristol sporting establishment - sounds good to me.

I understand not buying the shirt, or buying it without the sponsor if the company operates in a manner that is unethical/morally wrong in that individuals opinion.

I can think of plenty of scummy MNC's that I would condone wearing on my chest.

But..

Spose if you get sold a dodgy motor, thats bad ?!

:innocent06:

What?! Most people I find are too busy trying to work out which team I support to worry about who the sponser is. And the problem with TFG wasn't that the badge was wrong, it was because the kits were poorly made.

Yes i agree totally, i was given the 2005/06 shirt for christmas in 05 and having worn it to play footy on frosty 27th it wasn't completely ruined but it was severly plucked.anyway "Bristol Trade Centre" identifies us instantly. It would be good to see the coca-cola championship logos on the arm for the replica shirts aswell because we've finally made it.

Who actually gives a crap? At least we actually have the word 'Bristol' on the front of our shirts, even if it is as part of a company name!

And do you really think Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or indeed any other teams fans give a flying who is on the front of our kit? Picking holes me thinks.

Bristol Trade Centre are owned by the lookers group one of the biggest motor dealer groups in the country I believe. I think they bought Bristol Trade Centre last year.

Lookers plc have an annual turnover of £1.43 billion. Mickey Mouse sponsors :whistle2:

Well, in the spirit of assistance, I have written a script to enable you to buy a shirt and raise money for City...please accept any errors as I am not a professional script writer..here goes

Non Bristol Football supporter " Nice shirt, but who the **** are BTC?"

Xiled in shiny new championship City shirt "BTC stands for Bristol Trade Centre, they sell cars and have supported us for a few years"

Hope that helps..

Thanks, I might need to dumb down the language for Plymouth and Sjoke supporters........

I bought several TFG shirts and they are still holding together (although not worn for a few years).

A lot of people moaned about the quality but more were moaning about the fact that they were made by TFG and not Nike, Adidas, Reebok etc.

It is a petty arguement but logos/names/sponsors are an issue for a lot of fans. And as I said before, it is an indicator of where a football club is going and what is happening behind the scenes.

Xiled.

:laugh: there the p[art of the largest car sales in the uk..a bit bigger that cowlinand plus they sponsord us when no one wanted to so loyalty may actualy exist at bcfc

I bought several TFG shirts and they are still holding together (although not worn for a few years).

A lot of people moaned about the quality but more were moaning about the fact that they were made by TFG and not Nike, Adidas, Reebok etc.

It is a petty arguement but logos/names/sponsors are an issue for a lot of fans. And as I said before, it is an indicator of where a football club is going and what is happening behind the scenes.

Xiled.

My local sunday league team can buy an adidas kit if they want to, it doesnt mean they're going places.

I still fail to believe that, if the kits from all manufacturers were of equal quality, people would refuse to wear a tfg shirt. The reason people wanted Adidas/Nike etc is because they make better quality kits.

Archived