IGNORED

Btc Extended

dargla

My local sunday league team can buy an adidas kit if they want to, it doesnt mean they're going places.

I still fail to believe that, if the kits from all manufacturers were of equal quality, people would refuse to wear a tfg shirt. The reason people wanted Adidas/Nike etc is because they make better quality kits.

Straight choice then:

(1) TFG manufacturer, BTC sponsor, £35

(2) Nike manufacturer, Hewlett Packard sponsor, £40

Both shirts are otherwise identical. All season ticket holders are given a chance to choose from one of the above.

I would guess that (2) would beat (1) by a ratio of at least ten to one. Tell me again logos/names/sponsors aren't significant.

Straight choice then:

(1) TFG manufacturer, BTC sponsor, £35

(2) Nike manufacturer, Hewlett Packard sponsor, £40

Both shirts are otherwise identical. All season ticket holders are given a chance to choose from one of the above.

I would guess that (2) would beat (1) by a ratio of at least ten to one. Tell me again logos/names/sponsors aren't significant.

I'd have the TFG one. Surely the name people want on the shirt is BRISTOL CITY? If they want a nike shirt they can get one in Soccer Sport for a fiver.

• Admin

Has anyone considered that as an unestablished Championship side we are not in a strong position to demand much more money than we were getting from BTC in League One and if we signed up to a more renowned company they would probably want at least 2 or 3 years at the rate struck now?

If GJ & Co are confident of a good season ahead once the signings have been brought in then we could be in a far stronger bargaining position come next Summer when the BTC extension expires.

In the meantime my main concern re: the BTC sponsorship was the crap logo they initially had. It really looked amateurish (so fitted in well with the TFG shirt we had). Since they snazzed up their logo I think it suits our shirts a lot more.

So, can I just say "thank you BTC for supporting Bristol City Football Club".

Guest Eamer
And the problem with TFG wasn't that the badge was wrong, it was because the kits were poorly made.

The one with white stripes on both shoulders wasn't poorly made in the slightest. It was much better than the one we've just stopped using.

The shirts shown on Soccer night had Blackthorn on the back.

You are joking right?

Once again the directors of this club need to be called to account.

CARS AND BOOZE DO NOT MIX.

For the third season running we carry a clear endorsement that drink driving is acceptable. I see a 10 point deduction looming, not to mention possible legal action. Its a complete farce.

I don't think BCFC would pick BTC for the easy option, I'm pretty confident that the staff and SL knows what they are doing as part of a sponsorship deal and bringing as much money into the club as possible.

Top think anything else is just plan stupid.

I am sure there are larger sponsors out there with the dosh who would have.

Don't think we bothered looking to hard.

BRISTOL TRADE CENTRE just looks lame.

Why don't you come up with the money?

Whatever you think about BTC ........ I don't really think it is your place to slag them off for being our team sponser, which seems to be what you are doing?

I don't think SL became boss of a £500million (or thereabouts) company by taking the easiest and nearest deal to come along somehow.

I also like the idea that we have a local company on our shirts.

In a dream world, mind, our shirts would be like Barcelona's - i.e. no sponsor's logo at all. That's true class.

I am absolutely fu****g amazed people can get so hung about he sponsor on a shirt.

Still I guess in the close season those that moan about having a so called gypo sponsor arent able to slate the manager, the team, the chairman, the ball boys, the tea lady etc etc as they normally would during the season.

My mate (who is not a city fan) always mentions how fickle city fans come across. I can understand his sentiments.

***** sake we've just been promoted to a higher division after nine years of trying and all some can do is continue picking fault with the club over a sponsor who is paying needed wedge into the coffers.

Its like the three #######s who sit behind me week in week out and do nowt but moan. Johnson this, Basso that, pasties shit..(hang on, I agree with the last one) Even moaning that last Saturday to many people were standing up and shouting. Answers on a postcard please because I don't get it.

Rant over.

Roll on the championship. Happy days!

Archived