IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Fans Terrorise Horfield!

City Rocker

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/205178390?-1902

Found this on Gas Forum, looks like it may not have been only outside the ground.

i think if it was thats bad and the club stewards did nothing i think the fa should be invovled may be they can fine the club, with draw them from the playoffs or reduce points off them next season.

I'm not saying this because I'm a city fan, no club or fans should act like that. out of the ground whateva but throwing coins, bottles etc to suporters just to support there team.

Tyipical Gas Heads

Will Rovers, the Police and the EP investigate? This report seems to highlight how this has been allowed to escalate badly.

A large group of Lincoln fans are set to complain to the Police force in Bristol after they just stood there whilst Imps fans were pelted with coins and bottles during the game. Despite making several complaints to stewards and the police at the ground, nothing was doing about the fans that threw the coins, and then the forces threatened to throw City fans out for swearing during chants.

The problems all started about 10 minutes before kick off when a young female Imps fan complained to the stewards in the away end that she had a coin thrown at her. She pointed out the fan that threw it and the stewards just walked off. Some other Imps' fans were reporting incidents of bottle and coin throwing in their direction as they entered the ground.

A few minutes later a large section of police entered the ground and stood between the two sets of fans. Bristol Rovers scored soon afterwards and several bottles were seen being lobbed into the away end, as well as one or two coins being thrown. Although the police saw this, they choose to do nothing about it.

The incoming missiles into the away end soon ended, but then police started threatening to throw City fans out for swearing during certain chants.

This lead to several objections from Imps fans as to the fact the police seemed more than happy for coins and bottles to be thrown a Lincoln fans, but the Lincoln fans weren't allowed to have a few "tongue-in-cheek" chants.

It is believed that up to 100 of the fans that were in the terraced away end are set to launch an official complaint with the Police force in Bristol.

Like some else said earlier in this thread if they go up could you really see them trying to start trouble against teams like millwall, forest, Swansea and Leeds i for one don't think they would even try unless they wanted to be run all the way down Gloucester road

The police weren't much better that night.

I still have my video. :disapointed2se:

Put it on YouTube, or can you email it to me? I/my MP would be interested to watch it seeing as my case is still ongoing after a certain copper swang at me that night.

Thanks.

when england played france in euro 2004 myself, my mate (who's more into rugby than footie), and someone i worked with at the time (who is a rovers fans) were watching the game down town, after it finished we were pretty gutted bout england had a drink then we went to get the bus home.

while waiting for the bus, 3 guys came over in there early 20's and said "who are you? city or rovers?" we were like WTF? i was wearing a red lacoste top, which one of the lads said "why are you wearing that top if your not a sh*thead? thats what sh*theads wear" i said because its only a ###### top! he didn't like that very much and again ask us if we were city or rovers? i said rovers for the fun of it he said no you aint! (at this point i knew this guy must of had special needs of some kind because what was the ###### point in asking in the first place? :doh:) this went one for about 20minutes or so with them showing off there tattoo's proving to us they were rovers fans.

we had to remind them that on this day day we were england fans and the football league season finished a while ago and are not in the mood as england just lost!

my point being that this joke of a "firm" will pick on a granny they didn't like the look of!

and its about time the EP took notice!

What ever happened to them for the incident against Macclesfield last season?

The best bit about that pitch invasion against Macclesfield was it was pathetic. There is a video on YouTube I believe, taken by a Macclesfield fan.

It shows the Rovers lads coming over giving it the big "Come on" hand signals!! The funny thing is, there is about 100+ fans doing it, and only being held back by a handful of stewards! If they really wanted a scrap, they could easily have brushed a side those stewards and gone for it.

They are a joke. Its all little chavvy kids! We had a similar problem a few years back, still do to a certain point. The whole "Youth" business, its pathetic. They just like to give it the big un, wave their arms about and just cause a scene. 90% of these chavvy pikey morons have never probally actually had a fight!

It is about time something happened though with the Rovers. Macclesfield fans, Swindon fans, us and now Lincoln fans in the last 12 months!.....who knows how many other fans have had this treatment but let it go.

I'm not trying to make out the whole "everyones against the City" scenario.....but if it was City, it would have been bought to everyones attention a looooooooooooong time ago

Hey, we don't all feel the need to act like spineless shitbags.

As City fans know more than you, when reading the Evil Post, you don't ALL need to act in this way to gain a reputation of being a club full of hooligans. What we all object to is this "Family Club" Charade that seems to apply to you when it is a fact this season that trouble has been following your mob around a lot more than ours.

Archived