IGNORED

Lee Trundle

B-Rizzle

I heard one of those "my best friends dads dog knows someone in the club" stories today and they mentioned Lee Trundle.

I'm not being an idiot saying we're going to sign him but wanted to get people's opinions on whether you think it's possible and if it would be a good signing should we actually get him?

Discuss...

Too many pies consumed me thinks

Despite all the pies he still scored more goals than any City player last season.

Under Johnsons tuteledge Trundle could regain some of the form he showed a couple of years ago.

Never say never.

Strikes me that he may have a touch of the Matt Le Tissier about him in that he doesn't want to leave his comfort zone. If he was ever going to move I think it might've been a couple of years ago, plus he doesn't seem like a GJ type of player

Oh yes he is !!!!!!!!!

Guest DanC
Despite all the pies he still scored more goals than any City player last season.

Under Johnsons tuteledge Trundle could regain some of the form he showed a couple of years ago.

Never say never.

I will say never as he is simply not a GJ type of player. He hasn't got the right attitude.

I will say never as he is simply not a GJ type of player. He hasn't got the right attitude.

I begin to fear that no one who scores goals is ( GJ type player ) or has ( got the right attitude ).

Perhaps we can get another donkey like Enoch - first touch terrible and happily released by Luton who got relegated from where we are going.

Perhaps we can get another donkey like Enoch - first touch terrible and happily released by Luton who got relegated from where we are going.

Same Enoch who scored several vital goals during our promotion season? Granted, he's not the best player to ever pull on a red shirt, but in his first full season for us he gets 15+ goals and he's a donkey? What signing will please you then? Rooney? Ronaldo?

Same Enoch who scored several vital goals during our promotion season? Granted, he's not the best player to ever pull on a red shirt, but in his first full season for us he gets 15+ goals and he's a donkey? What signing will please you then? Rooney? Ronaldo?

He scored 10 goals in the league, one less than Heffernan.

He was 20th in the league goals table.

His first touch is abysmal.

He will not crack it in the championship though IMO PJ might.

More like him and we are in trouble - this board loves to hate the likes of Trundle but he scored 19 league goals - need I say more.

Even the much maligned MS got 7 playing from midfield.

He scored 10 goals in the league, one less than Heffernan.

Is it Enoch or GJ fault we sold Heff? No, so why bring it up here? And anyway, if I was a Donny fan I'd expect far more goals from Heffernan, as he has a reputation as a goal scorer streching back beyond when we had him; Enoch didn't.

He was 20th in the league goals table.

Constantine, Trundle & Greenacre were all in the top 5 and I'd have Enoch above all of them. He overall contribution for most of the season was highly positive and considering he's not half as experieinced of many other forwards in the league he's performed very well.

His first touch is abysmal.

That's an opinion, not a fact, and although I don't totally disagree it doesn't make him useless if he hasn't got amazing close control.

He will not crack it in the championship though IMO PJ might.

Fair play, that's your opinion, but I think GJ will push him to try and raise his game. Many thought Iwelumo and Cureton wouldn't cut the mustard in the ccc, and Eastwood would be outstanding. I think he'll do ok.

More like him and we are in trouble - this board loves to hate the likes of Trundle but he scored 19 league goals - need I say more.

Yes you do. There is always more to a striker than just the number of goals he scores. A players attitude, age, work ethic and other factors are as important as numbers; this isn't football manager. I bet Trundle cost a hell of a lot more per goal than Enoch did this term, and Enochs won more.

Even the much maligned MS got 7 playing from midfield.

So what? Enoch's a different type of player in a differnet team, so like comparing him to Heff your not really making a point as much as just throwing figures around. McCombe scored 6 from defence and Murray got 9 from the midfield, does that mean MS is worse than them?

Too slow, too lazy. Couldn't cut it in the Championship and he knows it.

Can barely make it in League 1 any more, he's not the player he was a couple of years ago.

And his wages would be too high.

So, that's a no, then. Bad signing.

Interesting just scored 17 league goals,not bad for a slow and lazy one. Your desciption and thoughts on our net busting strikers?

Archived