IGNORED

Season Tickets - 30% Price Increase

bh_red

well just heard from my "friend" it looks like it is confirmed that Season Tickets will be going up around about 30% across the board next season, which to me works out about £350 from my atyeo ticket......OUCH!

also looking at around 45% increase for kids tickets!

apparently details to be released to be released possibly tomorrow, but by the end of the week at the latest

(those who know me know how I know!)

Nothing that i wasn't expecting if true. We have been very fortunate over the past few seasons with season tickets. The rise will bring us in line with other Championship clubs.

If we want to play with the big boys expect to pay big boys prices. :D

We have been very fortunate over the past few seasons with season tickets. The rise will bring us in line with other Championship clubs.

Absolutely right but no doubt there will be complaints from the usual suspects.

Absolutely right but no doubt there will be complaints from the usual suspects.

Are you suggesting that the odd moaner who wants us to go out and get PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP GOALSCORERS won't be prepared to pay Championship prices at the turnstiles to fund them?

Signing up to CityFoundation certainly seems like a good thing to me now!

I don't get that arguement...ok so it costs £2.20 a week to join, which adds up to £114 quid in a year. Season tickets arent going to go up by £114 quid a year so how does it save you any money?

I don't get that arguement...ok so it costs £2.20 a week to join, which adds up to £114 quid in a year. Season tickets arent going to go up by £114 quid a year so how does it save you any money?

Without knowing all the prices, a £300 season ticket at last seasons prices will cost £300 if you are in the Foundation and £390 if you are not. That makes the first years subscription to City Foundation only £24 in effect.

Indeed. In times of soaring house prices and rising interest rates, how dare people complain that a 30% increase could mean they can no longer afford a season ticket.

You make a good point and that is something the club needs to consider. But Robbored is also right in that one or two on here expect the earth from Lansdown yet also expect him to foot the entire bill.

Well, some increases may be close to the cost of joining the CF. And if not, it still makes joining pretty cheap after you take away the increase in STs. Plus you still get the other benefits etc etc.

Well I thought it was a good idea, so I joined :rolleyes:

Indeed. In times of soaring house prices and rising interest rates, how dare people complain that a 30% increase could mean they can no longer afford a season ticket.

Very true. I buy 3 ST's, but this year if the increases are as steep as this it will be like paying for 4. :(

I knew prices would increase but like you say people only have so much income. I hope there will be some discount for loyal ST holders.

Unfortunately thats true but every season there are those that can't afford a ST.

At 30% my ST will go up by about £90-£100 but that will bring a City ST in line with many other Championship clubs.

Its the going rate pretty much acros the board.

The best way to ensure that we top last years 8000ish S/T holders is to announce that despite massive rises, we have signed a significant player who will propel us forward!!! Oh sh*t tried that with Marcus didn't we....

A tad cynical arent we??? Fancy thinking like that.

I don't think thats unreasonable at all - we've had it pretty good for the last few years price wise and this only brings us in line with other clubs.

As Robbored says, if you want Championship football, expect Championship prices!

Match day tickets will also no doubt get the same increase, as will all the away games.

One Team

Unfortunately thats true but every season there are those that can't afford a ST.

At 30% my ST will go up by about £90-£100 but that will bring a City ST in line with many other Championship clubs.

Its the going rate pretty much acros the board.

Thing is, across the board in that division include's long established Championship Clubs and many ex-Premiership ones. I don't mean to be negative but in terms of quality I suspect we shall be towards the lower end of the spectrum esp. in light of that Wolves-West Brom game and Derby-Saints tonight. We simply do not match that calibre.

You also have to remember that I suspect City's pricing scheme last season was already well above average, it'd be interesting to see a League table of prices.

CS pretty much said on BBC a few weeks ago that he will put the prices up as high as he thinks he can get away with so I'm not surprised about 30%.

The wages of professional Footballers are sickeningly immoral but unfortunately they've got the fans by the balls.

Very true. I buy 3 ST's, but this year if the increases are as steep as this it will be like paying for 4. :(

I knew prices would increase but like you say people only have so much income. I hope there will be some discount for loyal ST holders.

apparently that is the early bird renewal price for current season ticket holders, not sure about how much it will cost for new Season Ticket holders......dread to think, will be interesting to see how much match day prices go up now!

Incorrect. The Frozen season ticket is available with the 6 month subsciption at £57.

If as quoted, season tickets go up by 30%, your ticket would have needed to have been less than £190 for it not to save you money.

Adult price of £190, not aware of that happening last season. Therefore bargain.

Signing up to CityFoundation certainly seems like a good thing to me now!

Yea to right get ours at last season's price, a right deal and loads more extras,

Also just seen that Southamptons are 440 pounds and they got a much bigger staduim to get more bums on seats.

I expect season tickets will go up 10/15 percente with a 20/25 percente increase for new season ticket holders after 30th June. I know the children would be hit the hardest but will be suprised if the adult ones go up that much.

Overall, I'd gladly pay 30% more for my season ticket in The Championship.

Mr Lansdown said there would be an increase if we got promoted, would've been surprised if they'd gone down in price.

After all, it's only money..I could always sneak some ale into the Red and White bar to balance the books.

Nothing that i wasn't expecting if true. We have been very fortunate over the past few seasons with season tickets. The rise will bring us in line with other Championship clubs.

As long as we have "big boy" players, I have no issue with something around 20%.

Yea to right get ours at last season's price, a right deal and loads more extras,

Also just seen that Southamptons are 440 pounds and they got a much bigger staduim to get more bums on seats.

They've also got a much better team!

Providing the investment goes into the team, I've no issue with a fair increase.

The club should also remember existing ST Holders should get a better deal and shouldn't go to silly because we'll be the same people you'll be begging to stay IF it all goes pearshaped like last time.Please God it doesn't

As Robbored says, if you want Championship football, expect Championship prices!

As long as we have Championship players to entertain us, that's fine

Match day tickets will also no doubt get the same increase, as will all the away games.

Away game prices will come as a shock for City Fans and it's difficult to charge away fans the same at AG because you can't do that without putting our own fans prices up

Archived