IGNORED

Fao Students

Collis

£185 for a Season Ticket in the Atyeo, East End or Williams Block L!

:winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h:

Thanks Steve!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

East East Eastenders!!

I am reasonably happy with that price to be fair, i can't really afford it at the moment but other stuff will have to make way!

Reasonably happy? Thats £8 a game to watch Championship football!!!

Yes and its also £185 out of my money, bearing in mind i am a student/Apprentice which means i hardly earn a lifetime of money. Its hard for us youths you know.

how does the student thing work? do you have to provide i.d at every game? or could i send my mate down to get me a season ticket with his student i.d, and then not have to worry about being caught all season?

Well last season i had a student card and bought tickets one by one rather than having a ST, and i bought 2 student ones everytime but was never asked to show i.d.

Anyway is the under 21's category the same?

how does the student thing work? do you have to provide i.d at every game? or could i send my mate down to get me a season ticket with his student i.d, and then not have to worry about being caught all season?

No idea about student tickets this season, but a couple of years back when they just did an under 16 ticket and student ticket (not U21s as it is now) needed to get a letter from my 6th form saying I would be starting there, and then wasn't checked at all on the turnstile.

Yes and its also £185 out of my money, bearing in mind i am a student/Apprentice which means i hardly earn a lifetime of money. Its hard for us youths you know.

I'm student too, just doesn't seem a lot for the standard of football you are going to be watching.

Sacrafice a few night out over the course of a season!

No idea about student tickets this season, but a couple of years back when they just did an under 16 ticket and student ticket (not U21s as it is now) needed to get a letter from my 6th form saying I would be starting there, and then wasn't checked at all on the turnstile.

Not checked on the turnstile hey.... Interesting :whistle2:

I have an NUS card. I buy my tickets online or over the phone. They wont post student tickets for home matches, they do for away matches. When i pick up my tickets they NEVER check my card, or even ask for it. Nor to the EVER check on the turnstile either.

When you order match day tickets online you can buy student ones and get them posted without student id (they posted my home leg bristol rovers tickets and forest) and they don't check on the turnstile. Buy your match tickets online next season - it'l be cheaper

I have an NUS card. I buy my tickets online or over the phone. They wont post student tickets for home matches, they do for away matches. When i pick up my tickets they NEVER check my card, or even ask for it. Nor to the EVER check on the turnstile either.

Well.....now that you have let them know......they probably will.

£185 for a Season Ticket in the Atyeo, East End or Williams Block L!

:winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h:

Thanks Steve!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

Thats a weeks wages for me! Having been contemplating whether to get a season ticket or not i think i will deffinately buy one in the east end now if i can. If not the williams it is!

I Love SL :winner_third_h4h:

Just glad I'm going on a Gap Year next year - would have not been able to afford those prices if I was at Uni!

£185 is rougthly one weeks wages on minimum wage rates. Tax dodging , work shy , drain on society , scroungers or students for short are only at Uni about 36 weeks a year which leaves 16 weeks in which you layabouts could do what the rest of us do , which is GET OF YOUR ARSE AND EARN THE MONEY , half of ferkin Poland don't see to have any trouble finding P/T / casual work so go and try it. Useful hint , process starts by getting out of bed before noon :fastasleep:

£185 is rougthly one weeks wages on minimum wage rates. Tax dodging , work shy , drain on society , scroungers or students for short are only at Uni about 36 weeks a year which leaves 16 weeks in which you layabouts could do what the rest of us do , which is GET OF YOUR ARSE AND EARN THE MONEY , half of ferkin Poland don't see to have any trouble finding P/T / casual work so go and try it. Useful hint , process starts by getting out of bed before noon :fastasleep:

Haha, enjoyed reading that - you're probably right there, sir - but it doesn't really apply to me! Me thinks will have to save up quite a substantial amount next year!!

Don't be silly.

That's what I'm planning on doing this summer and am already looking at getting a job for about 3 months in the summer. Must admit is hard to get stuff nailed down so far in advance as most work tends to be temporary and by the very nature of it that can't be done until later. So if anyopen has any idea of jobs tell me.

I am a student doing an apprenticeship which i work 9-5 or more everyday plus i also work in a local shop on a nightime 6-10 which leaves me with pretty much no time bar the weekend, and also to add i probably only get paid about half or less of what you do, in which case i don't think i need to get off of my ass too much.

I was speaking to my friend last night when she told me about the price increases and one of the things she actually brought up was the student season tickets, apparently the club are aware that alot of people get students to buy them and them pass them on accordingly,

Apparently next season the club are going to try to clamp down on student tickets and u21/16 tickets because of people scamming cheaper season tickets, the plan is that NUS Cards have to be presented upon entry to the ground in the future if you have a student ticket.

seems fair to me,

it's quite possibly that this has been brought on because of people talking about this kinda thing on the forum. I.E - you only have yourselves to blame!

Its also quite possible talking about it on here has had no bearing on this clamp down.

If you've got an NUS card then you've nothing to worry about.

or if you have been getting student tickets when you don't qualify then unlucky. You could always befriend a student and get them to get one for you if its that big a deal.

Apparently next season the club are going to try to clamp down on student tickets and u21/16 tickets because of people scamming cheaper season tickets, the plan is that NUS Cards have to be presented upon entry to the ground in the future if you have a student ticket.

So what if your under 21 but arent a student?

Just glad I'm going on a Gap Year next year - would have not been able to afford those prices if I was at Uni!

How so ? Put it this way i'm a student, yet in the last 12 months i've been able to afford on top of my rent, 1000 pound tv, 500 quid computer, 700 quid stereo, 500 quid PS3, god knows how many 360 games at 50 a pop, a few hundreds quids worth of models and other random stuff, plus car insurance, Mot's car tax, new tires etc, etc, all bills, Including council tax (one of my housemates isn't a student). My student loan has been of use, but i earn well over double my student loan at work and i still do uni. 185 quid is nothing and if you can't afford that at uni then there is something very wrong.

So what if your under 21 but arent a student?

The official site (the linked attachment) says the reduced price eg atyeo £185 is available to quote "under-21/student/disabled" unquote

So you are ok

But it also says: under 21 "category does not apply on matchday" so I'm assuming you can't pay on the day at under 21 price - you have to buy an adult, but interestingly it also says students have to provide proof but NOT an NUS card.

So - it looks like they are tightening up...you can get a reduced S/T with proof but can't buy individual one off match tickets . This must be to stop people using copied NUS cards or getting a student/under 21 to buy someone else a ticket and then just turning up & blagging in.

To be fair - in the past -at 10 to 3 when everyones piling in anyone uner 25 could enter the turnstile & nobody would check

CodeRed

Archived