IGNORED

A Special Thank You To....

Ian M

• Admin

First of all I'll mention that I have no issue with the price-hike whatsoever. In fact I predicted such a price in a conversation with a mate last week and suggested we needed such prices to compete in the Championship next season and that if we want to improve matters on the field then paying a premium for it is to be expected.

What I really take issue with is a letter I received through the post this morning.

Apparently in consultation with the Supporters Trust, H Block of the Atyeo will now be an unreserved seating area from next season.

The board's decision to allocate some unreserved seats for season ticket holders has been taken in consultation with the Supporters Trust and is aimed at making certain blocks available to those fans who do not necessarily want a specific seat.

First of all, I thought that one had just been created down the other end of the ground with room for 1000. With most of the hardcore singers heading down that way was there really any need to create another area of unreserved seating which will surely be second rate in comparison. (let alone a 3rd in the Williams also).

Anyway, I have sat in my seat in H Block for the last 8 years (yes when the club asked us for more money to fund the Academy I stepped forward and paid for my seat to have my name attached to it) and over that time I have got to know the people surrounding me. They are now "football-friends" who have witnessed all our successes and failures over this time (ok a little light on the success front) and that made the Rotherham game all the sweeter to be surrounded by these people during our celebration.

Now thanks to the ST whispering in the club's ear that we might need to cater for those fans who don't want to sit in a specific seat, we have to move as we do want to sit in a specific seat. This would be hard enough to organise in trying to find 10-15 seats together in another area of the stand & nigh on impossible to get them together near the back of the stand.

When the EE redevelopment was last mooted we all chatted about what would happen when it was rebuilt and we were relocated there and decided that when the time came we would exchange contact details at the end of the season and ensure we got seats together in the new stand. However, as there was no prospect of the new East End being completed by August this year, we foolishly didn't exchange contact details at the Rotherham game so we shall just have to split up and go our separate ways.

The Club in their letter says we now have two options open to us:

1. Renew in the same block but in an unreserved seat.

2. Select another seat elsewhere in the stadium.

They've forgotten a 3rd. Don't bother.

Now we look back to last Summer and the introduction of Premier Seating.

Various long standing fans were told they had to move because the club needed to increase revenue from the corporate market but as such their season tickets in other areas would come at a discount as a thank you for the hassle of being moved. That set a precedent. It would appear that the STs involvement this year has resulted in that discount being negotiated away. Thanks.

Perhaps, as a self appointed voice of the fans, the ST might actually consult those they have chosen to represent, prior to ruining my and many others' matchday experience in future.

It feels like the club/ST are taking a dump on me (and the rest of us in H Block) and it's not a nice feeling. They are basically pissing off some long standing season ticket holders in order to cater for some "Pay on the Day" supporters who don't like STHs snapping up all the seats. So much for STHs being the "lifeblood" of any club.

Those are the feelings of a "happy clappy" supporter.

First of all I'll mention that I have no issue with the price-hike whatsoever. In fact I predicted such a price in a conversation with a mate last week and suggested we needed such prices to compete in the Championship next season and that if we want to improve matters on the field then paying a premium for it is to be expected.

What I really take issue with is a letter I received through the post this morning.

Apparently in consultation with the Supporters Trust, H Block of the Atyeo will now be an unreserved seating area from next season.

First of all, I thought that one had just been created down the other end of the ground with room for 1000. With most of the hardcore singers heading down that way was there really any need to create another area of unreserved seating which will surely be second rate in comparison. (let alone a 3rd in the Williams also).

Anyway, I have sat in my seat in H Block for the last 8 years (yes when the club asked us for more money to fund the Academy I stepped forward and paid for my seat to have my name attached to it) and over that time I have got to know the people surrounding me. They are now "football-friends" who have witnessed all our successes and failures over this time (ok a little light on the success front) and that made the Rotherham game all the sweeter to be surrounded by these people during our celebration.

Now thanks to the ST whispering in the club's ear that we might need to cater for those fans who don't want to sit in a specific seat, we have to move as we do want to sit in a specific seat. This would be hard enough to organise in trying to find 10-15 seats together in another area of the stand & nigh on impossible to get them together near the back of the stand.

When the EE redevelopment was last mooted we all chatted about what would happen when it was rebuilt and we were relocated there and decided that when the time came we would exchange contact details at the end of the season and ensure we got seats together in the new stand. However, as there was no prospect of the new East End being completed by August this year, we foolishly didn't exchange contact details at the Rotherham game so we shall just have to split up and go our separate ways.

The Club in their letter says we now have two options open to us:

They've forgotten a 3rd. Don't bother.

Now we look back to last Summer and the introduction of Premier Seating.

Various long standing fans were told they had to move because the club needed to increase revenue from the corporate market but as such their season tickets in other areas would come at a discount as a thank you for the hassle of being moved. That set a precedent. It would appear that the STs involvement this year has resulted in that discount being negotiated away. Thanks.

Perhaps, as a self appointed voice of the fans, the ST might actually consult those they have chosen to represent, prior to ruining my and many others' matchday experience in future.

It feels like the club/ST are taking a dump on me (and the rest of us in H Block) and it's not a nice feeling. They are basically pissing off some long standing season ticket holders in order to cater for some "Pay on the Day" supporters who don't like STHs snapping up all the seats. So much for STHs being the "lifeblood" of any club.

Those are the feelings of a "happy clappy" supporter.

Here, bloody here... Strange how the reason differs to the one i was given over the phone! (see my thread for details!)

Thanks alot.... apparently the Trust acts on our behalf?!? Next time, thanks but no thanks...never asked for your help and don't want it if this is the result!

Just outta interest Madger, what seat are you...just trying to put a face to a name. After so long in H-Block you get to recognise the regulars.

• Admin
Here, bloody here... Strange how the reason differs to the one i was given over the phone! (see my thread for details!)

Thanks alot.... apparently the Trust acts on our behalf?!? Next time, thanks but no thanks...never asked for your help and don't want it if this is the result!

Just outta interest Madger, what seat are you...just trying to put a face to a name. After so long in H-Block you get to recognise the regulars.

HZ6

• Admin
Maybe people should wait for their side before getting all upset?

I'm not allowed to get upset about being moved from my long-term seat in a move that isn't increasing revenue for the club.

If the club was benefiting by installing boxes or whatever I could understand better but basically I'm moving because someone else wants my seat.

Why haven't they done this in the whole ground if it is such a bad thing to let season ticket holders keep hold of their seats?

I applaud the move to provide unreserved STs in the East End. That was a good decision.

It does seem rather silly to make blocks full of existing ST holders in other stands unreserved all of a sudden.

In this case I would think the club honestly believed it was doing what fans wanted and trying to improve the atmosphere. A case of good intentions but bad results.

I would also guess they will rethink it when they realise that it will piss off lots of people.

I'm not allowed to get upset about being moved from my long-term seat in a move that isn't increasing revenue for the club.

If the club was benefiting by installing boxes or whatever I could understand better but basically I'm moving because someone else wants my seat.

Why haven't they done this in the whole ground if it is such a bad thing to let season ticket holders keep hold of their seats?

I'm not affected as such but if if was I'd be absolutely going mental.

Basically loyal fans, Season ticket holders at that, who stump up large sums of money upfront in the summer so the club can cream off the interest, are being either shifted out or being forced to take 'pot luck' with which seats they end up with. How can families, never mind friends, hope to sit together?

And this is all incase a 'big match charlie' may or may not turn up so he/she has a fair choice????

I can believe the club has got it so wrong. I dispair. I hope all that are involved will fight it all the way.

• Admin
I applaud the move to provide unreserved STs in the East End. That was a good decision.

Ditto. Although I have no desire to go in the EE on a regular basis I was genuinely pleased for those that do when it was announced yesterday and thought the club had made a brilliant decision to reward the work of those who campaigned so hard for it to be opened.

It does seem rather silly to make blocks full of existing ST holders in other stands unreserved all of a sudden.

In this case I would think the club honestly believed it was doing what fans wanted and trying to improve the atmosphere. A case of good intentions but bad results.

I would also guess they will rethink it when they realise that it will piss off lots of people.

I hope you are right but if it hasn't happened by the end of this week I doubt it will. Remember all the literature outlining ST prices and where you can sit will have already gone to print ready to be mailed out.

• SC&T Board Members

I wonder if this move isn't in fact the club trying soften us up to concept of not having a guaranteed seat from one season to the next, as there is going to have to be quite a bit of moving about over coming seasons as first the East End and then the Williams are redeveloped ... they could just be using the 'unreserved seating' argument as a smokescreen to obscure their real reason for doing this.... especially as the blocks concerned are both at the extreme end of the two stands and would therefore come into question as possible locations for away fans from 2008/2009.

• Admin
I wonder if this move isn't in fact the club trying soften us up to concept of not having a guaranteed seat from one season to the next, as there is going to have to be quite a bit of moving about over coming seasons as first the East End and then the Williams are redeveloped ... they could just be using the 'unreserved seating' argument as a smokescreen to obscure their real reason for doing this.

Had we been forewarned then arrangements could have been made to stay together as groups.

I'm not overly bothered to have to view a game from another area, it would have been nice to retain the back row seat I've had for years but I can cope without that.

It is being forcefully separated from those I've sat with for 8 years that will make next season disappointing for me.

The football may be better but I will enjoy it less as I didn't have the foresight to collect contact details off those I used to sit with.

I wouldn't mind knowing how long ago this was first discussed and why an announcement stating that this was being considered wasn't put out. 1) The club could have gauged how the news was received by monitoring the various forums & 2) it would have given those in H Block advance warning so that we could have made arrangements before the season ended.

Their side? I need only see the result... THAT'S why i'm getting upset. I couldn't give a monkey's what there side is. I'm ######ed off about being pissed on from a great height!

Right I see. So although the subject was broached, that means they're to blame. Unreserved seating in the Atyeo is something thats been mentioned for years. Still, lets not let that little fact get in the way.

Funnily enough, I and 100 others were kicked out of the E block not so long back. So It's not like your the first to be treated like this.

• Admin
2. Select another seat elsewhere in the stadium.

Not if you have a daughter with an U16 season ticket you can't. If I want to relocate with my daughter, which obviously I do, then I can only sit in A Block Atyeo or Lower Dolman. Either that or put up with the free for all that H Block will obviously become.

• Admin
its unfair to attack the supporters trust on this one

they did not ask for unreserved seating in H block

According to the Club in letters they sent to H Block STHs this morning they did.

So either they did and they are fair game.

Or they didn't and the club has stitched them up.

its unfair to attack the supporters trust on this one

they did not ask for unreserved seating in H block

According to the letter that the Madger refers to, this action is "following consultation with the supporters trust". They may not have specified the block, but they certainly seem to be having the blame laid at their door by the club!

• Admin
Right I see. So although the subject was broached, that means they're to blame. Unreserved seating in the Atyeo is something thats been mentioned for years. Still, lets not let that little fact get in the way.

Funnily enough, I and 100 others were kicked out of the E block not so long back. So It's not like your the first to be treated like this.

So your argument is that because others have undergone shoddy treatment we should just accept it and be happy?

I think the club missed the point on why people wanted the unreserved area to be in the East End. The point was that it was the only area of the ground where there were no other ticket holders, so people who want to sing would be able to congregate together without annoying long-term season ticket holders in other areas of the ground who don't want to be part of it and feeling they are being forced out of the areas where they have sat for many years. This situation with season ticket holders in Ateyo block H and Williams block F geting all upset about being forced out of their seats was exactly what the East End campaigners and the Supporters Trust were trying to avoid I believe.

So your argument is that because others have undergone shoddy treatment we should just accept it and be happy?

No, my arguement is that you should wait and see what was actually said.

What happend in the past was just putting Hz25324s pram throwing into perspective considering his attitude!

And that would just be unheard of, wouldn't it!

In that case, i assume the Trust will be taking this issue up with the club as they are now taking flak for the club lying? And maybe they'll also fight our corner with the club then and explain that this isn't what they meant?!? :fingerscrossed:

I'm all for unreserved seating, but for pay per match customers, not season ticket holders. Let's say there's 1000 seats in H-Block (I know there probably isn't). Probably 250-400 are likely to be Season ticket holders. That still leaves up to 750 seats for non-season ticket holders to choose a seat from!

No, my arguement is that you should wait and see what was actually said.

What happend in the past was just putting Hz25324s pram throwing into perspective considering his attitude!

Considering my attitude? And what attitude would that be then? I'm in one hell of a foul mood over this whole incident, and then evidence is produced that the club are saying that this is as a result of consultation with the Trust.

So....please explain my attitude, eh?

Considering my attitude? And what attitude would that be then? I'm in one hell of a foul mood over this whole incident, and then evidence is produced that the club are saying that this is as a result of consultation with the Trust.

So....please explain my attitude, eh?

"Their side? I need only see the result... THAT'S why i'm getting upset. I couldn't give a monkey's what there side is. I'm ######ed off about being pissed on from a great height! "

That response to my post.

"Their side? I need only see the result... THAT'S why i'm getting upset. I couldn't give a monkey's what there side is. I'm ######ed off about being pissed on from a great height! "

That response to my post.

Presented with evidence that lays the blame at their door, i don't think there was a problem with my attitude...it's not a bad attitude, it's clearly that i am incensed by this, and the club have effectively said, "Here, blame the Trust!"

Having read Thatcham's comments, then I apologise if the Trust feel I was out of order (though as he/she sad, they can see how it looks). And even more so, I ask again, will the Trust be looking to take this issue up with the club, both on the basis that A) they are being blamed for this by the club - seemingly wrongfully at that, and B) this isn't what they lobbied for/suggested and therefore the club may like to reconsider?

Unreserved seating is fine if ALL seats are unreserved (such as the EE) but mixing it with reserved seats in the same stand is a recipe for disaster

But then we had this for years with no problem.. Last season was the first time we had reserved seating throughout the whole stand. I agree, with the EE open, there really is no need for this anywhere else.

Archived