IGNORED

10000 Season Tickets

Robbored

It looks as if the 'early bird' discount has been replaced with a new intiative - buy at the lower prices before 10000 ST are sold.

After that prices will go up even more.

Last season City had 8000 ST holders - including those who signed up under the 'early bird' incentive

I simply can't see the 10000 target being reached.Being in the Championship alone won't be a big enough attraction to recruit another 2000 ST purchases especially with a 30% increase on last season.

I realy think the club are being over optimistic on this one.Far better imo to have introduced a lower ST price increase (20%) kept the early bird incentive for at least one more season.After that if City are looking good on the pitch increase the prices again when fans are more reassurred about the clubs potential.

yep and utter crap idea it is, IF.......we were to reach the 10k deadline quickly before the 15th June deadline was reached according to what has been published, anyone who renews their season ticket after the 10k barrier has broken will pay inflated prices!

NICE LOYALTY FROM THE CLUB, a clear sign that suporting the club through thick and thin doesn't count for shit, if you can't pay for your season ticket straight away,

personally I'll be gobsmacked if we hit 8k season tickets by the first day of the season, with these increases they are going to lose current support and not get as many new ST holders as they want,

if it wasn't for the higher amount of away fans for most games next season, I'd expect attendances to be down despite promotion!

Their market research and hence their expectations are probably hindered severely by those 9,000 rats who come out the woodwork when we're doing well.

Will they fork out the money for a ST?

Doubt it.

Dez, that is amazing. I have just managed to pick myself off the floor. :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

It looks as if the 'early bird' discount has been replaced with a new intiative - buy at the lower prices before 10000 ST are sold.

After that prices will go up even more.

Last season City had 8000 ST holders - including those who signed up under the 'early bird' incentive

I simply can't see the 10000 target being reached.Being in the Championship alone won't be a big enough attraction to recruit another 2000 ST purchases especially with a 30% increase on last season.

I realy think the club are being over optimistic on this one.Far better imo to have introduced a lower ST price increase (20%) kept the early bird incentive for at least one more season.After that if City are looking good on the pitch increase the prices again when fans are more reassurred about the clubs potential.

Right - if people don't buy early enough to beat the 10,000 "threshold" given the 30%+ increase - why would they then wait and pay even more ?

I don't expect a single S/T to be sold at more than the current published prices

this is simply a crude piece of marketing buy the club akin to shops and market traders showing an item at £10 reduced to £7 when it was never £10 in the first place.

In the same way I'm sure the quoted walk up price of £28-£30 Dolman & £25 Atyeo will be paid by very few.

Most people will be bounced into buying S/T's (scared off of POTD by the high prices) and when the fruit has been squeezed until the very last pips have squeaked - then you will see the deals start to emerge : super six, buy 2 games & get £5 or £10 off, Take a kid for £1,etc etc, 2nd half S/T's etc

CodeRed

So Economies of Scale to not apply to City? Surely if we sell over 10,000 they should be cheaper - Is that not the principles used by the Sipermarkets?

Yeh but Supermarkets are intermediaries, they purchase and resell with economies allowing margins to be maintained with greater sales.

Spose City only have to recouperate the costs of the stands/maintenance...

Archived