IGNORED

The People That Are Angry About St Prices

BristolCity1992

Nibor - you may be right - I anticipate not and expect revenue to be significantly higher on ST's than last year.There will be more games next year for which the ground is full. The size of our stadium is very relevant as some games could exceed capacity quite easily and that is why Sunderland can afford to charge less for a ST.

Of course there will be more revenue from season tickets, but my point is there would have been just as much if they'd priced them slightly lower and therefore sold more.

We're not going to sell out in the league more than a couple of times next season and I suspect the average attendance will be no different to this season. Fans aren't that inclined to come out of the woodwork to watch games with nothing riding on them (which is where we'll be if we're lucky and GJ does well) regardless of the level.

Did we sell out last time we went up?

Even if they do make slightly more revenue from the increased prices, what is more likely to give contribute to success on the pitch - one extra bosman signing or a ground packed to the rafters for 23 home games?

The club you support now has a product in greater demand - sorry that means higher prices and if the money is invested in the squad and the facilities I see no problem.

Greater, yes. Great enough for there to be limited supply? doubt it.

If you are happy paying less to watch your team continue to perform to a mediocre standard in League 1 I am surprised - an extra 100 quid to watch them in the Championship seems little to ask as by my calculation that's less than 30 pints- which would you prefer???

I've never said anything even remotely like this nor has anyone else who's argued against the massive rip off.

The choice as they say is yours....

Not really, I'll be renewing because I want to watch my team. They've got us over a barrel in that respect. I'll tell you what though, I suspect that many people will return the favour in kind if we are unlucky enough to go down again.

Guest east_dundry_red

Season ticket prices should never go up by over £100.

If the club want to put thinsg up like this then i expect AT LEAST £5million to be spent on players PRE-SEASON so that we are in a safe position not to go down again.

Put it this way if we go down and our season tickets stay the same then the club goes bust.

This is all a load of bullocks! Look at some of the teams in the Championship. There prices will be even higher than us! But do they complain? The ONLY reason people are complaining about the prices, is because we are used to paying £100 less for a shite standard of football in a sh1tter league with lower prices. Look at some of the players that will eb down here next season...:

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

Oh i forgot.....i cant wait to pay mine and my boys £650 to watch these great players :dunno:

And i bet the other teams fans DO complain.

This is all a load of bullocks! Look at some of the teams in the Championship. There prices will be even higher than us! But do they complain? The ONLY reason people are complaining about the prices, is because we are used to paying £100 less for a shite standard of football in a sh1tter league with lower prices. Look at some of the players that will eb down here next season...:

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

The list goes on and on. So, if your really THAT pi55ed off about the cheap prices (compared to other teams) then don't get a ST. If your only moaning because there's nothing else to moan about lately, then moan all you want (because the prices won't change) get a ST, and then show the board that most city fans will moan and argue for the sake of it!

you complete arseh*le - one day when you shave that sh*t off your chin (please remove your picture it is scaring me and makes me want to lamp you even more) and have a mortgage and kids and have to pay full price you won't be spouting crap! £800 + it will cost for me and an 8 year old and a 4 year old, so i have every right to feel agreived as i cant justify finding that sort of money. I don't normally take offence to anything on here but you have really pi*sed me off - freedom of speech yes but for once shut the ###### up!

:bruce_h4h:

Nibor - you may be right - I anticipate not and expect revenue to be significantly higher on ST's than last year.There will be more games next year for which the ground is full. The size of our stadium is very relevant as some games could exceed capacity quite easily and that is why Sunderland can afford to charge less for a ST.

The club you support now has a product in greater demand - sorry that means higher prices and if the money is invested in the squad and the facilities I see no problem.

If you are happy paying less to watch your team continue to perform to a mediocre standard in League 1 I am surprised - an extra 100 quid to watch them in the Championship seems little to ask as by my calculation that's less than 30 pints- which would you prefer???

The choice as they say is yours....

If i can just but in here!! the problem is that some of us have kids who want season tickets. So its NOT just £100 more.

you complete arseh*le - one day when you shave that sh*t off your chin (please remove your picture it is scaring me and makes me want to lamp you even more) and have a mortgage and kids and have to pay full price you won't be spouting crap! £800 + it will cost for me and an 8 year old and a 4 year old, so i have every right to feel agreived as i cant justify finding that sort of money. I don't normally take offence to anything on here but you have really pi*sed me off - freedom of speech yes but for once shut the ###### up!

Perhaps he can give you and me some of his obvious wealth :sleeping:

I would have thought that early bird prices 15% higher and standard prices 20% higher would have been fair, and probably would have provided the club with the same amount of revenue from season tickets because they would sell more of them. As it is I can see both our season ticket sales and average attendance next season being lower than this one.

It really is disgraceful the way that fans who've been loyal throughout 8 years of shit football, mismanagement racking up huge debts, and disappointment are now getting shafted and treated with contempt by SteveL and ColinS. Not only have they undone all the recent good work in unifying support behind they team, they've just destroyed any chance of the average fan remaining patient whilst GJ's team get to grips with a higher standard.

It's not just the principle, it's a ###### stupid decision from a business perspective too.

And thats why your the existing forum,s top poster.

Could,nt have put it any better mucker

I am usually mr happy clapper and i can usually understand most things this club does from a business point of view, however..... i am so disgusted by this rise in cost of a season ticket. S.L has stated that we are charging the same as Ipswich and Norwich, but they are astablished in the championship having come down from a higher level.

I wouldn`t have had a problem if there was a 30% rise over the course of 3 - 4 years no problem but to do it straight away is a kick in the teeth for the supporters who have been supporting the club during the last 8 years ( which almost at his own admision have been bad due to bad descisions at board level )

I agree with most on here that say that an early bird price for exsisting season ticket holders would have been better.

If we don`t start well or don`t spend a lot then S.L or C.S will be under a lot of pressure... :disapointed2se:

Can i also add is it possible to remove the picture of Noble and 'chubby goatie face'. Seeing that every 2 minutes is making feel sick!

Come on mate thats a bit out of order, in fact, thats really not on. Tight bastard.

I don't think you 'oldies' can fairly keep laying into the young/students etc.

Living at home doesnt mean you have money to wipe your arse with.

Its all in proportion, young might skank £250 a month with a part time job, but will incur costs such as car insurance, travel, books. food etc.

As for playing the 'I have family to support' card.

Is that a compulsory thing for when you go over 21?

I thought it was choice.

I don't think you should be picking fights with toadie, he used to be a wrestler you know?

Well said!

Can i also add is it possible to remove the picture of Noble and 'chubby goatie face'. Seeing that every 2 minutes is making feel sick!

People like you make me feel sick, who are you to say that.

I hope you are under the age of 16 or someone should be seriously worried.

I don't have a problem with the season ticket prices as such, its just the way I think I have been treated by this club. You have a season Ticket in Block H, it is made unreserved seating WITHOUT the club asking season tickets in there what they think of the idea and they the club tell you that you would have to pay ANOUTHER £80 on top of the £105 for a under-16 season ticket to move out of Block H to anywhere else in the stadium.

Also, why no under-16 season ticket prices for the East End?

Gareth Bale(Man Utd)

Giles Barnes(Premiership-Derby)

Phil Jagielka(Premiership Move)

Robert Earnshaw(Wow, Not mighty Rob Earnshaw, thats worth every extra pound!!)

Darren Huckerby(Who?)

Darren Bent (Wise up! As if he'll still be at Charlton- probably Newcastle)

The list goes on and on. So, if your really THAT pi55ed off about the cheap prices (compared to other teams) then don't get a ST. If your only moaning because there's nothing else to moan about lately, then moan all you want (because the prices won't change) get a ST, and then show the board that most city fans will moan and argue for the sake of it!

Your attitude doesnt help Toadie, people are not moaning they're genuinely concerned about the price hike, a extra £100 is a large wedge to find, especially the ones who have kids etc.

Mind you I could watch many of the players you mentioned for a lot less at Villa Park, not to mention the far superior facilitys Villa Park has to offer.

Funny how it's the ones who qualify for cheaper tickets are the ones touting how 425 is okay and fair .

Archived