IGNORED

The People That Are Angry About St Prices

BristolCity1992

I would have thought that early bird prices 15% higher and standard prices 20% higher would have been fair, and probably would have provided the club with the same amount of revenue from season tickets because they would sell more of them. As it is I can see both our season ticket sales and average attendance next season being lower than this one.

It really is disgraceful the way that fans who've been loyal throughout 8 years of shit football, mismanagement racking up huge debts, and disappointment are now getting shafted and treated with contempt by SteveL and ColinS. Not only have they undone all the recent good work in unifying support behind they team, they've just destroyed any chance of the average fan remaining patient whilst GJ's team get to grips with a higher standard.

It's not just the principle, it's a ###### stupid decision from a business perspective too.

I would have thought that early bird prices 15% higher and standard prices 20% higher would have been fair, and probably would have provided the club with the same amount of revenue from season tickets because they would sell more of them. As it is I can see both our season ticket sales and average attendance next season being lower than this one.

It really is disgraceful the way that fans who've been loyal throughout 8 years of shit football, mismanagement racking up huge debts, and disappointment are now getting shafted and treated with contempt by SteveL and ColinS. Not only have they undone all the recent good work in unifying support behind they team, they've just destroyed any chance of the average fan remaining patient whilst GJ's team get to grips with a higher standard.

It's not just the principle, it's a ###### stupid decision from a business perspective too.

Absolutely spot on mate, top post!

I paid £270 for my ST last year. If they would have turned round to me and said, its going up to £375, but if you get it by July 1st....it will be £320, I would have been happy.

After the two fingers up to fans over the Millwall fiasco and now this, it just proves how much they care about the fans

sorry guys think a lot of nonsense is being spouted.

Those that had season tickets last year were rewarded by watching a season in which we achieved our goal of automatic promotion - you watched it all as it unfolded and was it not worth every penny?

We now have the higher standard of football we wanted and that costs more-

Downs league is free

League two cheap

you get my point

We have a relatively small stadium and need to increase revenue- we are not a Sunderland with their vast stadium so prIces must go up. They have been held constant for some time.

Finally so many are keen to advise SL to put his hand in his pocket and I expect he will so more than a little bit hypocritical then not to expect to pay a little more.

It seems for some no matter what the club do SOME will moan-

you wanted EE season tickets you got it,

you wanted a free seating singing area you got it,

you wanted promotion you got it

you want further success then for heaven's sake stop moaning, buy your ST if you want to and enjoy the ride- am sure there will be plenty of takers.

Those that had season tickets last year were rewarded by watching a season in which we achieved our goal of automatic promotion - you watched it all as it unfolded and was it not worth every penny?

Downs league is free

League two cheap

you get my point

We have a relatively small stadium and need to increase revenue- we are not a Sunderland with their vast stadium so prIces must go up. They have been held constant for some time.

Finally so many are keen to advise SL to put his hand in his pocket and I expect he will so more than a little bit hypocritical then not to expect to pay a little more.

you want further success then for heaven's sake stop moaning, buy your ST if you want to and enjoy the ride- am sure there will be plenty of takers.

Yes agreed, I had value for money last season, as I did in 1997/98, and the two years we reached the play-offs. What about all the over years?? What about us being the ones that stuck by Lansdown and this club during the Tinnion fiasco?

People agree there should be an increase, without a doubt, but the fact that for the first time in god knows how many years there is no early bird price is wrong!!

Every year we have it, and the same old rubbish is spouted "its to reward fans for their loyalty", this should have been corrected to "its to make up for another season of c**k ups"

The first season in a long time we have any real success and its two fingers to the rewards!

The first season in a long time we have any real success and its two fingers to the rewards!

What rewards? The club is still losing money and SL anticipates the wage bill pretty much doubling in the Championship... Who should foot the bill for that, then?

This is all a load of bullocks! Look at some of the teams in the Championship. There prices will be even higher than us! But do they complain? The ONLY reason people are complaining about the prices, is because we are used to paying £100 less for a shite standard of football in a sh1tter league with lower prices. Look at some of the players that will eb down here next season...:

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

The list goes on and on. So, if your really THAT pi55ed off about the cheap prices (compared to other teams) then don't get a ST. If your only moaning because there's nothing else to moan about lately, then moan all you want (because the prices won't change) get a ST, and then show the board that most city fans will moan and argue for the sake of it!

Sorry Nibor explain how it is stupid from a business perspective,There is a old saying your gets what you pay for.

The issue is we are getting better football at the gate,better revenue from advertising etc,sky.

Moving up costs and the money has to come from the customer,many more will be attracted to AG with a higher standard of football.

If our club bring in two or three quality players with a aim of establishing ourselves in the divsion it will be well worth the few quid extra.

Just seeing the u21 price has made me much more happy I only just really looked into it.

However finding that H-Block in Ayteo is unreserved is a shock and I am sure my dad will not be happy as we sat there for the past well 8 years I think. Especially as everywhere else is more expensive pretty much other than the East End which I think I will try and get into but that does not solve where my Dad will want to sit, especially as he has just started making mates around that area.

It is a great shame these things are not discussed with fans before they are put out there, what is the rush?

This is all a load of bullocks! Look at some of the teams in the Championship. There prices will be even higher than us! But do they complain? The ONLY reason people are complaining about the prices, is because we are used to paying £100 less for a shite standard of football in a sh1tter league with lower prices. Look at some of the players that will eb down here next season...:

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

The list goes on and on. So, if your really THAT pi55ed off about the cheap prices (compared to other teams) then don't get a ST. If your only moaning because there's nothing else to moan about lately, then moan all you want (because the prices won't change) get a ST, and then show the board that most city fans will moan and argue for the sake of it!

That is so easy for you to say with your under 21 ticket of probably £185 in the atyeo, how much has yours gone up then? Still living at home are we?

Try forking out another £160 for 3 season tickets at a total price of £635, combine that with a £100,000 pound mortgage, 2 cars and 2 teenage kids to provide for and maybe you will realise why some people are upset.

Get into the real world mate, we haven't all got plenty of disposable income we can throw around.

i just consider myself fortunate to have found a job just 3 months ago and can afford my season ticket. And already saved enough for my season ticket. If i had'nt of had that job i would probabley struggle to have the money for my season ticket. I would have to go down on my knees and beg my old man to get his cheque book out like this time last season.

Worth it in the end. :innocent06:

That is so easy for you to say with your under 21 ticket of probably £185 in the atyeo, how much has yours gone up then? Still living at home are we?

Try forking out another £160 for 3 season tickets at a total price of £635, combine that with a £100,000 pound mortgage, 2 cars and 2 teenage kids to provide for and maybe you will realise why some people are upset.

Get into the real world mate, we haven't all got plenty of disposable income we can throw around.

Yeah that is what I was trying to say in my previous post for me it is actually quite easy I had not seen the price of tickets everywhere else but now I have well I can understand why people are mad and to be honest I am shocked as said that some sort of deal was not done or at least a offer but I guess that is the price we all pay for success.

That is so easy for you to say with your under 21 ticket of probably £185 in the atyeo,

£140 due to the City Foundation but that's by the by

how much has yours gone up then? Still living at home are we?

as stated above, it's stayed the same. Yes i am as a matter of fact. Problem?

And who said i had lots of "disposable income to throw around?!"

I'd be saying the same thing if mine wouldve gone up by the same amount as yours or if they wouldve gor tid if the under 21 and just had it students.

Totally agree. I'm in just about the same situation as you. I was going to reply to the U21 poster and say 'enjoy it mate, you won't be 21 forever' and say how I was probably financially better off at 21, for all the reasons you mentioned so well, than I am now years later!

What is it with this 21 thing anyway? I thought you were an adult at 18 these days? At 21 are either an adult and should be working or a student and should be studying/working? You can get married at 16 yet 5 years later you are still entited to discounted football tickets????

Well said!

Can i also add is it possible to remove the picture of Noble and 'chubby goatie face'. Seeing that every 2 minutes is making feel sick!

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

I fail to see your point to be honest. Why should i be forking out more money because the visiting teams have some "big names" ?

My money surely goes to paying our players wages, so until we've a team of "big names" ourself our ticket prices should relate to what team we're putting out.

If we go out and spend big and get the players in, i doubt anyone would have a problem.

But if we get the odd bosman and spend 500k on a player i think people should have the right to ask where has all the extra money gone and are we really getting value for money.

Well said!

Can i also add is it possible to remove the picture of Noble and 'chubby goatie face'. Seeing that every 2 minutes is making feel sick!

doing my head in as well matey!

In fact, if you use the more advanced Firefox browser download a plugin called adblock & remove any annoying pics!

What rewards? The club is still losing money and SL anticipates the wage bill pretty much doubling in the Championship... Who should foot the bill for that, then?

I'm assuming then that if our wage bill is set to "double" we will be bringing in a host of chamiponship proving players?

I appreciate that some of the players may have wage increases written into their contracts, but very much doubt the increases will cause the wages to double.

Ive said on previous threads, spend some money and bring in some real quality, and that will justify the price increases. When I say quality, I don't mean some 19 year old striker from someone like Stoke who has scored about 3 goals in 39 games!

Downs league is free

League two cheap

you get my point

I don't give a shit how much downs league football costs, my team that I've supported for more than two decades is Bristol City. It's not like I can go to another ground and watch them.

Stadium size is irrelevant because we won't fill it.

I've never advised SteveL to throw money at the club, quite the opposite.

I don't believe that they will get extra revenue from charging more because they will simply sell less tickets.

Gareth Bale

Giles Barnes

Phil Jagielka

Robert Earnshaw

Darren Huckerby

Darren Bent (possible)

You're talking out of your arse, our prices right now are higher than 2/3 of the rest of the Championship. For a newly promoted club that's obscene. Our prices in league one were the highest bar Forest I believe.

We don't have any players like the ones you mentioned and you can bet your bottom dollar that SteveL won't be buying any on that sort of level either, so why do we have to charge higher prices than teams that do and are paying them ten grand a week.

If we sign Billy Sharp and Leon Mackenzie I'll be the first one to apologise but I guarantee you we won't.

Sorry Nibor explain how it is stupid from a business perspective,There is a old saying your gets what you pay for.

The issue is we are getting better football at the gate,better revenue from advertising etc,sky.

Moving up costs and the money has to come from the customer,many more will be attracted to AG with a higher standard of football.

If our club bring in two or three quality players with a aim of establishing ourselves in the divsion it will be well worth the few quid extra.

Do you seriously think that this massive price increase will make the club any more money over the course of the season than a more moderate 15-20% increase would have done?

WE WILL SELL LESS TICKETS AND THEREFORE MAKE NO EXTRA MONEY OVERALL. Can I make it any clearer?

Ashton Gate will not be sold out every game will it?

The thing you lot seem to fail to understand is that noone is objecting to price increases, everyone expected them. What people like me are objecting to is MASSIVE price increases in one go that take our ticket prices above the majority of the rest of the division we've just got into, and the fact that some billy big game muppet can go and buy one at the same price that someone who put up with 8 years of shit football can.

The lack of loyalty shown is disgraceful and one thing the club don't seem to have considered is that if we go straight back down, many of those previously loyal fans will return the favour in kind.

I'd be saying the same thing if mine wouldve gone up by the same amount as yours or if they wouldve gor tid if the under 21 and just had it students.

But instead you decided to have a dig at the people who are aggrieved at the fact that some of us will have to pay upwards of £500 extra next year so that we and our families can continue to watch the team that we've support loyaly for years?

That was nice of you.

Very well said!

The cost of living in Bristol is ridiculous. With mortgage, bills etc all to think about, its not as if I can just magivally find that extra £100 or so down the side of the couch!

£100 may be nothing to some people, but to me, and countless others, its a lot

But instead you decided to have a dig at the people who are aggrieved at the fact that some of us will have to pay upwards of £500 extra next year so that we and our families can continue to watch the team that we've support loyaly for years?

That was nice of you.

Well i thought the forum was for people to voice their opinions. And i did.

I don't give a shit how much downs league football costs, my team that I've supported for more than two decades is Bristol City. It's not like I can go to another ground and watch them.

I don't believe that they will get extra revenue from charging more because they will simply sell less tickets.

You're talking out of your arse, our prices right now are higher than 2/3 of the rest of the Championship. For a newly promoted club that's obscene. Our prices in league one were the highest bar Forest I believe.

We don't have any players like the ones you mentioned and you can bet your bottom dollar that SteveL won't be buying any on that sort of level either, so why do we have to charge higher prices than teams that do and are paying them ten grand a week.

If we sign Billy Sharp and Leon Mackenzie I'll be the first one to apologise but I guarantee you we won't.

Do you seriously think that this massive price increase will make the club any more money over the course of the season than a more moderate 15-20% increase would have done?

WE WILL SELL LESS TICKETS AND THEREFORE MAKE NO EXTRA MONEY OVERALL. Can I make it any clearer?

The thing you lot seem to fail to understand is that noone is objecting to price increases, everyone expected them. What people like me are objecting to is MASSIVE price increases in one go that take our ticket prices above the majority of the rest of the division we've just got into, and the fact that some billy big game muppet can go and buy one at the same price that someone who put up with 8 years of shit football can.

The lack of loyalty shown is disgraceful and one thing the club don't seem to have considered is that if we go straight back down, many of those previously loyal fans will return the favour in kind.

I agree would have been nice to see a returned favour to us who have watched shit football for 8 years,but I am very very happy to be out of the division.

prices were going to rise get behind the team,sit back and enjoy.

billy big game muppet :disapointed2se: would have to go to every game if he bought a s.t; and although I can see your sentiments there are no rewards or favours for fans; no matter whether its 40 years or 1 game; why, because that 1 game could be the start of 40 years support.

Its that I`ve done it been to more games than you thing again; are we not all the same City fans; this I`m considerably more important than you thing is sh1te :disapointed2se:

billy big game muppet :disapointed2se: would have to go to every game if he bought a s.t; and although I can see your sentiments there are no rewards or favours for fans; no matter whether its 40 years or 1 game; why, because that 1 game could be the start of 40 years support.

Its that I`ve done it been to more games than you thing again; are we not all the same City fans; this I`m considerably more important than you thing is sh1te :disapointed2se:

I see, so why is virtually every other club in the league offering lower prices for early renewals and why have we done so in the past but somehow decided not to now?

It's not about who goes to more games it's about keeping faith with people who you are expecting to fork out large amounts of cash in advance of any product year on year.

If someone wants to buy their first season ticket next season fair play to them and I hope it is the start of 40 years support, in that case they should pick up the same rewards any other long standing supporter does over time.

What's not fair is pricing out some of the people who helped us get here by sticking by the club when we were shite.

I see, so why is virtually every other club in the league offering lower prices for early renewals and why have we done so in the past but somehow decided not to now?

It's not about who goes to more games it's about keeping faith with people who you are expecting to fork out large amounts of cash in advance of any product year on year.

If someone wants to buy their first season ticket next season fair play to them and I hope it is the start of 40 years support, in that case they should pick up the same rewards any other long standing supporter does over time.

What's not fair is pricing out some of the people who helped us get here by sticking by the club when we were shite.

I can see where you are coming from but higher wages,,costs,improvements,new players,bonuses,new stand, etc, everything costs must S.L foot the bill for everything.

Yes maybe existing s.t`s should be given a few weeks to renew at a lower rate but hey we cant all make the decisions. We can complain and moan and either buy or not buy the choice is...each to his/her own.

Nibor - you may be right - I anticipate not and expect revenue to be significantly higher on ST's than last year.There will be more games next year for which the ground is full. The size of our stadium is very relevant as some games could exceed capacity quite easily and that is why Sunderland can afford to charge less for a ST.

The club you support now has a product in greater demand - sorry that means higher prices and if the money is invested in the squad and the facilities I see no problem.

If you are happy paying less to watch your team continue to perform to a mediocre standard in League 1 I am surprised - an extra 100 quid to watch them in the Championship seems little to ask as by my calculation that's less than 30 pints- which would you prefer???

The choice as they say is yours....

I have never had a season ticket and luckily have managed to get tickets for most games i want to go to. With promotion looking to be a reality I promised my daugher (who i take to every game i go to) that we would get season tickets to garentee seats at every Championship home game.

Now details have been released its not the prices that bother me but the fact that under 16 discount is restricted which suggests that on the day discount will also be restricted to a few family areas. Why when the other discounts (students and OAPs) are available anywhere in the ground?

I would like to add this will not stop me getting season tickets but it is a bit annoying especially as last year the club seemed to want young fans with all the quid a kid promotions it did (before anyone asks i did not benefit as we like to sit in the Ateyo Stand)

Downs league is free

League two cheap

you get my point

If megan keeps asking for more and you don't have it what do you say?

Archived