IGNORED

Now Forest Have Buggered It Up

reddogkev

I reckon that now is the time to strike with a big money move for Commons, he has been absolutely first class again this season, and I know that it has been reported that he is a forest boy, but I reckon with a lucrative enough deal, and the chance of championship football, we could tempt him.

I wonder if we could offer 1.5 / 2 million bid for him?

Plus, if Yeovil don't make it in the final, we should also try to rid them of Aaron Davies, another 2 goals tonight from an equally classy player who injects pace and potency into the flanks or the forward line.

1.5-2 million? We won't be spending that on anyone and definitely not for a winger.

However isn't Commons out of contract?

I suppose now Forest have bottled it it isn't impossible but I suspect there will be a long queue of midlands clubs with deep pockets lining up to sign him.

1.5-2 million? We won't be spending that on anyone and definitely not for a winger.

I suppose now Forest have bottled it it isn't impossible but I suspect there will be a long queue of midlands clubs with deep pockets lining up to sign him.

Yes he is. Any move for Commons wouldn't involve a transfer fee.

£1.5-2m on one player, unless it's Billy 'goal machine' Sharp, simply isn't going to happen.

Yes he is. Any move for Commons wouldn't involve a transfer fee.

£1.5-2m on one player, unless it's Billy 'goal machine' Sharp, simply isn't going to happen.

I wouldn't even spend 2M on him.

Landsdown said that one of the main reasons we buggered things up last year was by spending too much too soon.

However Commons & Davies would be very nice additions.

Commons is obviously a good player, but I have heard a lot of shouts of inconsistancy(sp) from Forest fans, some games he turns up and most he doesn't....??

Thats often the problem with wingers or 'flair' players - inconsistancy.Even legend Scot Murray has as many 'off' days as on.

Gary Birtles commentating on Sky and ex-Forest player was saying last night that 'lots' of Forest players won't want another season in the third division and will look to move on.So it might not just be Commons that becomes available.Is there any other Forest players that Johnson might be looking at? James Perch maybe?

Thats often the problem with wingers or 'flair' players - inconsistancy.Even legend Scot Murray has as many 'off' days as on.

Gary Birtles commentating on Sky and ex-Forest player was saying last night that 'lots' of Forest players won't want another season in the third division and will look to move on.So it might not just be Commons that becomes available.Is there any other Forest players that Johnson might be looking at? James Perch maybe?

Wonder IF GJ is still interested in Holt?

Commons is only 23 though, so there has to be a fee involved.

Nope.

Common misconception.

The rule is up until the latter of 23rd birthday or the end of the season during which the 23rd birthday occurs.

The rule is not, as the press often quote, "under 24".

I wouldnt say no to Tyson, Agogo, Lester or Morgan either.

I would!!!! Agogo is gas and overrated, Lester doesn't score and falls over as much as Ronaldo(although he plays more like Rodney Trotter), Morgan is a carthorse with lead in his boots and would not feature for us and Tyson, well ok.....maybe.......

Agogo is gas and overrated,

No doubt at all that City were interested in Agogo when he was planning to leave the Gas.He opted for Forest though'.Considering that the same management team are still at AG I would imagine that thier interest remains the same.

Decent player-reminds me a bit of Tinman-but another that, I understand, prefers to play left centre as opposed to wide.

As you say, probably to much money.........but that situation has been blurred by our price hike, hence raised expectations............ :sofa: :coat:

Not necessarily, as we're now in a higher league.

No, not necessarily and also Agogo will still be under contract and would therefore cost money but he does have the one thing that no current City player has - an abundance of raw pace.

Surely Porter from Oldham would be an option now they are out of the equation. Scored alot of goals for Oldham and a youngster too.

I'm not sure about him tbh think he might be another 1 season wonder didnt look too good against us or in the two play off games.

Surely Porter from Oldham would be an option now they are out of the equation. Scored alot of goals for Oldham and a youngster too.

So now thats...Pospisil, Porter, Commons & Davies...yes, I would consider that an exciting and promising close season shopping mission! :read:

So now thats...Pospisil, Porter, Commons & Davies...yes, I would consider that an exciting and promising close season shopping mission! :read:

Better to have a shopping list don't you think? At least those names are realistic targets compared to some that have been suggested on the forum!

I'm not sure about him tbh think he might be another 1 season wonder didnt look too good against us or in the two play off games.

Have to agree with Matt, Hasnt impressed me at all when ive seen him, Cant see him scoring goals at championship level anyway.

Archived