IGNORED

Thank You City

yeovilmac

Just read your thread from last night.... :winner_third_h4h:

Made wonderful reading and it seems like some of you on here really enjoyed it. Strangely enough, I just cannot believe it at all even now...

Got back to Kingswood at 1.45am from Forest with my two little boys ( twins aged 6 ). They were both asleep within five minutes of leaving the City Ground last night but I was the opposite. I had been to a gig in Birmingham the night before and not got back till 3am before getting up for a job booked for 7am yesterday morning. Even when I got home, couldn't settle and eventually drifted off at 3.30am.

The game was simply the best match I have ever seen. I took the boys out of school an hour early so there wasn't as much of a rush but the traffic near the ground was awful. Got in and started singing and didn't stop till nearly eleven. We needed an early goal and Arron Davies provided it and what a goal. That's a few he's scored like that, think it was similar to the one he scored against you this season but oh so important. Forest hit back and with eight minutes to go, even the most ardent Glover would have given up. A complete fluke of an own goal got us back in it then Marcus popped up to send us into raptures. Lee Morris made it four in extra time and it was at this point that the dam burst and I burst into tears. Within sixty seconds though, Gary Holt dried my eyes better than any tissue could with another aggregate equaliser. 4-4, FFS what a game.

Finally Arron thumps in number five and that was it. I kissed and hugged people I didn't know last night ( good job it was in a football stadium, you'd be arrested anywhere else ) and celebrated like never before. I barely have any voice this morning and it will need a late fitness test before next Sunday and I desperately need some :fastasleep: before much longer.

I know you lot don't like Calderwood at all and neither do we after the childish mind games the **** plays. The local press said that Notts Forest v Yeovil looked more like an FA Cup 3rd Round game, well I think we showed them that was wrong. To be fair, they've never outclassed us. We beat them 3-0 last season at home and lost 1-2 away and this season they beat us 1-0 and 1-0, once with an 88th minute winner against the run of play and the other with a goal from a Mildenhall mistake. Even in the play-off first leg, it took two penalties to overcome us. We're not their bogey side by any means but we do always cause them problems.

Sorry for the long post but wanted simply to say thanks for the support last night. We did it. Whatever happens next weekend, nothing can take it from us. God has given me four wonderful children, a lovely girlfriend and a happy life. Last night, he topped it all off with quite simply the most wonderful night of football a fan could wish for.

I'll be at the Fans Derby on Thursday night, feel free to come up and buy me a drink for sticking one on Calderwoods mush ( only joking ) but it would be good to see you at the Mem.

Blimey, might even see you next season after all!!!

Strange really. I didn't think I'd get that much enjoyment out of the result!

It all comes down to Calderwood. Single handedly he seems to have annoyed so many fans from so many teams.

It's alright giving it the big 'I am' but since his team has singularly failed this season (lets not forget they were 7 points clear at Christmas and thought they had it wrapped up then) perhaps he might learn some humility.

Arrogant and useless, lets hope the forest fans kick him out and get Pearce in.

Anyhow, grudging congratulations (just stop your slaphead manager whinging too - he got all bothered after the City game for no good reason)

and lets see you get past the Pool.

enjoy Wemberlee

Yes - very well done. It was a tremendous game of football with the right outcome.

I don't know whether Yeovil will be able to raise their game for the final - I felt like last night was their final - but I guess that doesn't matter a whole heap to you right now.

We do have quite a lot in common, City and Yeovil supporters - we both hate the Gas! Good luck for the final.

Rather you and not us at Wembley against the in form Blackpool. Anyway, have a great day out at Wembley and maybe wear the Forest T shirt below under your mac :innocent06: .....

efee1mm8.jpg

Fond regards to Marcus Stewart from The Red Goblin.

Rather you and not us at Wembley against the in form Blackpool. Anyway, have a great day out at Wembley and maybe wear the Forest T shirt below under your mac :innocent06: .....

efee1mm8.jpg

Fond regards to Marcus Stewart from The Red Goblin.

I like Yeovilmac am a regular reader/contributor on this board,and would also like to say A VERY BIG THANK YOU to all the City fans that gave us support last night.

An incredible night,one that will be never forgotten,even before the 1st leg we were written off by all the media etc.

Looking forward to Sunday now,sure it will be a great day,IF we win,fantastic,IF we loose,what a brilliant season it would have been.Thanks again...no you can't have AD!! :no::superman: :goingup: ,well you never know,footballs a funny old game!

I like Yeovilmac am a regular reader/contributor on this board,and would also like to say A VERY BIG THANK YOU to all the City fans that gave us support last night.

An incredible night,one that will be never forgotten,even before the 1st leg we were written off by all the media etc.

Looking forward to Sunday now,sure it will be a great day,IF we win,fantastic,IF we loose,what a brilliant season it would have been.Thanks again...no you can't have AD!! :no::superman: :goingup: ,well you never know,footballs a funny old game!

Greener, have a great day at Wembley. Also......fond regards to those georgeous Yeovile babes that turned up in the Bristol City East End (Wedlocks Stand) for the BCFC Red Army to letch at last month. :worship2:

Yeovil mac I think I love you man!!

Seriously it was a fantastic game last night, and you thoroughly deserved it.

Make sure you come and say hello to me on Thursday, would be great to put a face to the name. I'll be the gobby one making up silly songs.

Made wonderful reading and it seems like some of you on here really enjoyed it. Strangely enough, I just cannot believe it at all even now...

Got back to Kingswood at 1.45am from Forest with my two little boys ( twins aged 6 ). They were both asleep within five minutes of leaving the City Ground last night but I was the opposite. I had been to a gig in Birmingham the night before and not got back till 3am before getting up for a job booked for 7am yesterday morning. Even when I got home, couldn't settle and eventually drifted off at 3.30am.

The game was simply the best match I have ever seen. I took the boys out of school an hour early so there wasn't as much of a rush but the traffic near the ground was awful. Got in and started singing and didn't stop till nearly eleven. We needed an early goal and Arron Davies provided it and what a goal. That's a few he's scored like that, think it was similar to the one he scored against you this season but oh so important. Forest hit back and with eight minutes to go, even the most ardent Glover would have given up. A complete fluke of an own goal got us back in it then Marcus popped up to send us into raptures. Lee Morris made it four in extra time and it was at this point that the dam burst and I burst into tears. Within sixty seconds though, Gary Holt dried my eyes better than any tissue could with another aggregate equaliser. 4-4, FFS what a game.

Finally Arron thumps in number five and that was it. I kissed and hugged people I didn't know last night ( good job it was in a football stadium, you'd be arrested anywhere else ) and celebrated like never before. I barely have any voice this morning and it will need a late fitness test before next Sunday and I desperately need some :fastasleep: before much longer.

I know you lot don't like Calderwood at all and neither do we after the childish mind games the **** plays. The local press said that Notts Forest v Yeovil looked more like an FA Cup 3rd Round game, well I think we showed them that was wrong. To be fair, they've never outclassed us. We beat them 3-0 last season at home and lost 1-2 away and this season they beat us 1-0 and 1-0, once with an 88th minute winner against the run of play and the other with a goal from a Mildenhall mistake. Even in the play-off first leg, it took two penalties to overcome us. We're not their bogey side by any means but we do always cause them problems.

Sorry for the long post but wanted simply to say thanks for the support last night. We did it. Whatever happens next weekend, nothing can take it from us. God has given me four wonderful children, a lovely girlfriend and a happy life. Last night, he topped it all off with quite simply the most wonderful night of football a fan could wish for.

I'll be at the Fans Derby on Thursday night, feel free to come up and buy me a drink for sticking one on Calderwoods mush ( only joking ) but it would be good to see you at the Mem.

Superb, and got tears in me eyes............from Kingswood tooooooo

Well done cocker, get yerself up

Yeovil mac I think I love you man!!Seriously it was a fantastic game last night, and you thoroughly deserved it.

Make sure you come and say hello to me on Thursday, would be great to put a face to the name. I'll be the gobby one making up silly songs.

Blimey, I've pulled. :englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h:

Of course I will, DM, if you spot me come and say Hiya.... :innocent06:

From this Red, all the best for next Sunday. Made my night, your result, specially after the Forest fans on their forum reckoned you were the easy option. I did warn em...

And If I was Blackpool, I wouldn't be thinking like Forest at all. You were more impressive than they were today.

I'd echo the other warnings though. be on Gas alert!!! They will probably be up, so its up to you guys to keep em in their place..and Plymuff wont look forward to you coming up either!!

Hope to see you next season at the Gate!

Top evenings entertainment!!!

Yeovilmac,

I have a question for you, as a City fan who would love to see Yeovil win the play off final and join us in the Championship,what do you think would be the general view from your lot if i turned up at wembley to heartily support your team but at the same time wear a BCFC shirt?

Would they take offence to the shirt, or respect the fact that I'm a City fan but on that day and any other (except when you play us) i like to see Yeovil do well?

P.S best of luck in the final, i would love to see you do it, and i really am thinking about going to cheer you on.

Yeovilmac,

I have a question for you, as a City fan who would love to see Yeovil win the play off final and join us in the Championship,what do you think would be the general view from your lot if i turned up at wembley to heartily support your team but at the same time wear a BCFC shirt?

Would they take offence to the shirt, or respect the fact that I'm a City fan but on that day and any other (except when you play us) i like to see Yeovil do well?

P.S best of luck in the final, i would love to see you do it, and i really am thinking about going to cheer you on.

Hi Dan,

I would have thought you'd be okay, mate. No problems with me and pretty much everyone I know. Might be some banter but it really is our Cup Final next week so most folk will be out to enjoy themselves and not worry what others are wearing...

Nice to see you there to be honest.

Best wishes

Martin

Yeovilmac,

You are not the only one mate. I think you might see a few City shirts at Wembley roaring on the Glovers.

is the shirt thing correct as i see a lot of city fans on other threads intend travelling up wearing there city shirts. I am attending to see the stadium and give them moral support and was going to wear my city shirt but i do would not like to be turned away !!!!!!!!!!

Archived