IGNORED

New Stand

BS3_RED

Just been looking at some other grounds and seen this. Its Wolves Stan Cullis Stand and it holds 5200. Now it just shows how big the East end will be and that i don't think the club could really make it any bigger.

Very similar to an artists impression of the new Wedlock stand that was first shown on this forum nearly 2 years ago, except the City stand would have provision for corporate boxes.

There's a common design for these free standing stands, Barnsley's is very similar as is Stoke and loads of others - all on here;

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

To be honest, it's all about timing and I think that, unless it can be built between May & Aug 11th, there will be criticisms about lowering capacity.Let's face it, whatever's built will be more pleasing on the eye than what there now and will hold more home fans giving a more imposing home end, providing it's not to far back from the pitch.

I still don't like the idea of a "traditional home end" with Exec Boxes behind the goal, but I'll leave that decision to the experts.

The interesting thing for me will be where the away fans go in the long run (I reckon Atyeo end blocks x 2) by the Williams, when redeveloped.

21,000 will be big enough until we're in The Prem and 29,000 plenty big enough.

Unless we acheive Prem status in a surprisingly short period of time ala Watford, we won't need that 29,000 just yet.

My point wasnt about the design. The one used by the club was Barnsley's and is very similar to Wolves.

My point is the size. A lot of people were moaning about it not being big enough but i don't think they really understood just how big a stand it would be.

Seeing one about the same size might make people realise just how big a stand it will be.

Just think how big its guna look when the williams is done aswell especially if theyr joined in an L shape.. will look huge! don't see how either could be made any bigger!!

I think that is the plan (hence the height of it) - I know City have a good friendship with Norwich and I wonder if they are thinking along the lines of Carrow Road and how they've gone about re development. I would show a picture but the usual Internet Ground Guide site appears to be down

I think that is the plan (hence the hight of it) - I know City have a good friendship with Norwich and I wonder if they are thinking along the lines of Carrow Road and how they've gone about re development. I would show a picture but the usual Internet Ground Guide site appears to be down

Is Edson still living in the Norwich area? :clapping:

I think that is the plan (hence the height of it) - I know City have a good friendship with Norwich and I wonder if they are thinking along the lines of Carrow Road and how they've gone about re development. I would show a picture but the usual Internet Ground Guide site appears to be down

try this tom

http://www.footballgroundguide.dial.pipex.com/ground.shtml

My point wasnt about the design. The one used by the club was Barnsley's and is very similar to Wolves.

My point is the size. A lot of people were moaning about it not being big enough but i don't think they really understood just how big a stand it would be.

Seeing one about the same size might make people realise just how big a stand it will be.

It will hold 5,200 fans and the current one holds about the same. At a cost of £8m, that was most peoples point as the original idea was 8/10,000.

It looks like the "it'll hold 5,200 segregated" is a bit of spin, because the away fans will be somewhere else, so that could happen now.

When the Williams is redeveloped the ground will hold 29,000 segregated and that will give us the final product.

Looking at the Norwich stand it seems that when the corners were filled in the ends of the stand had to be left in place thus giving the appearance of two supporting pillars. As this is something that we are trying to get away from, I hope that this is taken into consideration when drawing up the final plans. Apart from that it looks good. :clapping:

Just had a shiver down my spine moment when I saw our name in the Championship section, and not the League 1 list! Still waiting for the BBC website to do the same. :city:

Norwich's ground looks pretty smart, so if Ashton Gate is eventually to be bigger than that then we're have a mint stadium.

Just had a shiver down my spine moment when I saw our name in the Championship section, and not the League 1 list! Still waiting for the BBC website to do the same. :city:

Norwich's ground looks pretty smart, so if Ashton Gate is eventually to be bigger than that then we're have a mint stadium.

Fair play to the owner of that site, has already updated his site after all the PO games etc. :surrender:

I hope we keep the ground as four seperate stands and not make the mistake of having this modern bowl shaped meccano type stadiums everyone seems to be building. They're horrible and too plastic looking, then again, you could argue that football in general has become very plastic lately.

I hope we keep the ground as four seperate stands and not make the mistake of having this modern bowl shaped meccano type stadiums everyone seems to be building. They're horrible and too plastic looking, then again, you could argue that football in general has become very plastic lately.

4 distinctive stands with all the corners joined up would be quite impressive, bar maybe the exits between Atyeo and Dolman.

No, not for me thanks, seperate stands all the way.

Just having a little nose on the football ground guide website and I can't help thinking http://www.footballgroundguide.dial.pipex.com/norwich.htm (Norwich) for example looks a lot better than http://www.footballgroundguide.dial.pipex.com/barnsley.htm (Barnsley)

Both similar sized grounds but the former has got a more enclosed, intimidating feel.

Not for me mate, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to football stadiums.

Rounding corners of stands makes another carbon copy stadium, Leicester, Swansea, Derby all hoplessly cheap designs and if you've been to one you've done them all.

I like the gate because it looks like no other, it's what sets it apart from the rest, meccano stadiums are ugly and souless imo.

Not for me mate, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to football stadiums.

Rounding corners of stands makes another carbon copy stadium, Leicester, Swansea, Derby all hoplessly cheap designs and if you've been to one you've done them all.

I like the gate because it looks like no other, it's what sets it apart from the rest, meccano stadiums are ugly and souless imo.

I disagree. If it's done with character, making each section different then I think it can look great and imposing.

Here's an example of this from Charlton. Wouldn't mind the new EE joined up to the Atyeo and Dolman like this:

post-803-1180389659_thumb.jpg

I disagree. If it's done with character, making each section different then I think it can look great and imposing.

Here's an example of this from Charlton. Wouldn't mind the new EE joined up to the Atyeo and Dolman like this:

The funny thing is about that stadium, I went to the Valley the first season they got it back, we sat in a temporary stand built out of scaffold and wooden planks one side of the pitch looking over at a massive terraced area that had all sorts of weeds and plant life growing out of it.

Look how far they have come from that.

The funny thing is about that stadium, I went to the Valley the first season they got it back, we sat in a temporary stand built out of scaffold and wooden planks one side of the pitch looking over at a massive terraced area that had all sorts of weeds and plant life growing out of it.

Look how far they have come from that.

Massively looking forward to going there next season. It's just dawned on me quite how fun (and expensive!) going to all these grounds and watching the same teams from my new shiny 36% more expensive Atyeo seat is going to be.

Planning on going to all the London away days, the Midlands clubs and perhaps a bit further north if I've got any spare cash left!

I would love to see the eastend redone like charlton with the corners filled in....

I honestly think Ashton Gate has to be one of the 10 nicest looking grounds in the Football League, as it has so much character and each stand seems to represent a different time of football (East End - 1920's?, Williams - 1950's/60's, Dolman 1970's, Atyeo 1990's). Whilst I agree with the soulless bowls argument, Ashton Gate would look better with modernisation.

The nicest modern ground I have seen is Norwich by far. It looks so much better than Leicester, Middlesbrough and Derby's grounds. Charlton also isn't bad.

I think it would be good to have the Williams and Wedlock done in an L shape as planned, and perhaps if we really needed extra capacity, we could rebuild the Dolman with a bottom tier identical to the Williams and Wedlock, and then an extra tier that dwarfs the rest of the ground.

When I took my littleun to the junior academy talk they gave us a ground tour and the guy taking us told us that the EE was being replaced by a two tier stand. I queried this with him and he said it was now going to be a two tier, not single. Is he right? No idea

When I took my littleun to the junior academy talk they gave us a ground tour and the guy taking us told us that the EE was being replaced by a two tier stand. I queried this with him and he said it was now going to be a two tier, not single. Is he right? No idea

i hope so, that sounds like excellent news if its true

Archived