IGNORED

Only 2,000..........so Far

Motorwayman

No I didn't. I preferred to pay on the day last season and pick and choose where I would sit in each game due to the fact there wasn't a proper singing area. But now the EE is open for us fans' to get together and support the team for 90 Min's I have decided to buy one.

Like I said the renewals figure is the interesting one at the moment!

• Admin
Well me old man just purchashed his season ticket for the coming season-He asked how many have been sold and the reply was 2,000

Are we really are piss poor supporters?

Derby County sold 20,000 tickets for next season BEFORE they won the playoff final!!

Any views please?

I bet if we are in the play-offs next season, we'll sell quite a few season tickest on the chance of seeing premiership football, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Although, I'm sure we'd have seen a decent take up, had there been an earlybird offer.

I'm sure there could have been some sort of scheme, perhaps the first x number to renew at full price, being given a seasons membership of the foundation, at least you'd be in with a chance of winning your money back. An earlybird scheme rewarding existing season ticket holdes would have been a fitting gesture, perhaps even one on a sliding scale depending on how long a season ticket had been held.

What the shareholders will have to judge, when they see the accounts, is whether the season ticket prices are a reasonable reflection of the cost of running BCFC Ltd in the Championship and if the business has been run well and efficiently.

Now I've actually calmed down over the S/T increase that's priced my son and I out of one I'm really looking forward to being an away supporter this coming season. As I live in Gloucestershire I'm already on the way to WBA, Wolves, Coventry etc etc, I'll pick and choose at AG, and take advantage of the quid a kid, kid goes free with full adult ticket type schemes that City will probably implement again I'm sure.

:)

Now I've actually calmed down over the S/T increase that's priced my son and I out of one I'm really looking forward to being an away supporter this coming season. As I live in Gloucestershire I'm already on the way to WBA, Wolves, Coventry etc etc, I'll pick and choose at AG, and take advantage of the quid a kid, kid goes free with full adult ticket type schemes that City will probably implement again I'm sure.

I fully understand your point, the only downside I can see is if away tickets become limited and are all taken by ST Holders-Still, there's always the home end??

• Admin

By only travelling away, you are are supporting the team, but not the club. If everyone chose to do the same, there would be no club or team to support.

The word support, must surely, embrace the financial aspect, as well as turning up and cheering the team on. Any fan who only travels away, is supporting the opposition financially, rather than their own club.

Well me old man just purchashed his season ticket for the coming season-He asked how many have been sold and the reply was 2,000

Are we really are piss poor supporters?

Derby County sold 20,000 tickets for next season BEFORE they won the playoff final!!

Any views please?

Shouldn't you be asking Colin Sexstone that question? :dunno:

On the season ticket debate, I was moaning away about this to a Tranmere mate of mine the other day and he raised a good iniative that they've had going at Prenton Park for years apparently.

To justify such inflation of ST's after a promotion, TRFC offer the option to buy next season's ST in January, but for the same price as you paid for that current campaign. It's a gamble but if someone purchased one in January and the club went on to secure promotion, then the client gets a bargain. If they get promoted and the club inflate prices, ala CS with BCFC, then they simply say 'you had your chance in January'...

I think that's a fair iniative to be honest. It certainly makes it a lot easier to justify such ridiculous price hikes IMO

By only travelling away, you are are supporting the team, but not the club. If everyone chose to do the same, there would be no club or team to support.

The word support, must surely, embrace the financial aspect, as well as turning up and cheering the team on. Any fan who only travels away, is supporting the opposition financially, rather than their own club.

You're quite right, however, the key question surely is:"Why has someone who is clearly a loyal fan and who previously bought two ST's, been driven to this?"

Point taken, I would've dearly loved a S/T again but simply can't afford it, even on a credit card. I e-mailed the club, (twice) to express my disappointment at the price rise and all I got in reply was a snotty one line' that's the way it is' type response.

There's loyalty for you!!

• Admin
You're quite right, however, the key question surely is:"Why has someone who is clearly a loyal fan and who previously bought two ST's, been driven to this?"

The question is easily answered, lack of the earlybird or renewal discount. There can't be anyone who didn't think ticket prices would rise, it's the amount and perceived lack of reward that has obviously caused the consternation.

I wonder if you were to take into account the last 5 years (inc 07/08) and come up with some comparisons to other clubs, we've not had much in the way of increases, maybe the overall picture isn't so bad, just that it's all come at once.

It seems that for all the good work that Colin Sexston does, he manages to keep himself as a figure for abuse by his apparent lack of PR skills, at least when it comes to communicating with the ticket buying fans.

By my calculations your adult season ticket would equate to £16 a game, surely paying on the day at these away games will be substantially more than this? So how are you saving by just going away from home?

I'll be honest i make more in interest in my cash isa in a year than your season tickets costs, do you people no save your money in such a way!

By my calculations your adult season ticket would equate to £16 a game, surely paying on the day at these away games will be substantially more than this? So how are you saving by just going away from home?

I'll be honest i make more in interest in my cash isa in a year than your season tickets costs, do you people no save your money in such a way!

Maybe you could spend your ISA savings on English lessions?

Is that why all you City fans can't afford your little season tickets? All the private tutoring!

The odd spelling mistake on a message board doesn't really hamper my job prospects!

Be right back, I'm just going to roll up a £50 note and have a nice smoke.

Is that why all you City fans can't afford your little season tickets? All the private tutoring!

The odd spelling mistake on a message board doesn't really hamper my job prospects!

Be right back, I'm just going to roll up a £50 note and have a nice smoke.

Duh........ we know that Rizla are better for hand rolling dude....... get back to your big club ;):) and trouble us no more :)

Not really surprised by the low figure. Its sad to hear that so many dads and sons are being priced out

The ones who can't get season tickets will end up missing a lot of games due to the large increase of match day prices

I sent an e-mail to the club asking a number of questions. A very "general" reply was sent giving me no answers!

I replied to this stating that my questions were not answered and would like to hear Messrs Lansdown and Sextons comments. A further 2 e-mails have been sent chasing this up but still no reply....

I Haven't got my season ticket yet. Will make a late decision. I've had one for 13 years but ????? on this season. This is purely down to finances not me being stubborn cause the club are sh**ing on the fans who have coughed up ST money earlier and earlier each year. If I earned really good money I would buy it the 1st day cause I love the club, not the setup

Still waiting for that e-mail reply....

Renewed today - eventually - after an internet ticket problem, and a visit to the slick and efficient ticketing procedure in the club shop and then the ticket office to sort it out. Good luck.

Off on hols on the morrow so nice to be sorted.

Also, it will be good to miss the massed ranks and potential chaos of those who want to leave it to the last minute. As some will not be happy about renewing it could get messy.

I hope that lessons will be learnt so that future ticketing procedures will be in place to handle Championship away games and/or popular cup games. But I fear they will not.

Today I am 920 Pounds poorer, I love BCFC. I also normally pay for a service after it has been provided but hey ho, it's only money.

Up The City.

I've written to SteveL by snail mail regarding the lack of loyalty shown and the chasm growing between the club and it's lifeblood despite GJ's hard work. I have yet to hear back.

The problem is that a fan can't very well show depth of feeling without harming the club. It makes it very hard to get a short sighted buffoon like Sexstone who has no clue whatsoever about how fans feel and react to see the point. As a result next season GJ's team will be playing in front of 14-15,000 content fans with high expectations instead of 16-18,000 ecstatic fans with realistic expectations. And I dread to think how many would renew again if we went down.

There has also been an issue with the printing of renewal forms so a number of the customer base have not even received them.

Well to be honest if a pint of Lager went up from £2.50 to £3.25 over night we would all be up in arms! and rightly pissed off- Yes it does come down to CASH for the majority of football fans who are not the Prawn Sandwich Brigade... Why upset your loyal/Genuine fans? It is not to late to have a rethink? Inflation figures in January 2007 2.88%.

I thought that there was a few extra £££ for promoted clubs through TV, etc.

I would have thought that promotion would have been a great marketing tool to attract more supporters and not have the opposite effect?

If those comparisons had been made and published, if a sensible reason for the rise had been published (instead of a sentence saying we need to compete - no shite sherlock), if they hadn't arrogantly stated that it would go up even further after 10,000 sales, and if they had maintained early bird discounts, then all would have been ok.

But they didn't did they - and that is the crux of it.

They didn't think they needed to as we would all be taken along with the euphoria of promotion - well, in not doing so, they crapped all over the euphoria and replaced it with a feeling of being taken for granted and ripped off.

If the ST sales are low enough, it may well prompt a rethink about who does what at AG.

It's not just that:

• Premier Club.
  • Middlesborough Home.
  • Ticketing Hotlines that are anything but.
  • Millwall Away-Not that it happened, but the response & offer.
  • The EE-Even now it's the away fans with the biggest allocation and the best seats.
  • No Early Bird Discounts
  • 30-40% Hikes

Am I missing any?

And I dread to think how many would renew again if we went down.

And that's the key issue in terms of the clubs needs in the medium to long term because, sure as eggs are eggs, these people are the clubs lifeblood in the not so great times that have made up the vast majority of the last thirty years!

• SC&T Board Members
It's not just that:
  • Premier Club.
  • Middlesborough Home.
  • Ticketing Hotlines that are anything but.
  • Millwall Away-Not that it happened, but the response & offer.
  • The EE-Even now it's the away fans with the biggest allocation and the best seats.
  • No Early Bird Discounts
  • 30-40% Hikes
Am I missing any?

Weren't there 360 or so vouchers given away in Nov 2006 at the FA Cup 1st round game in York that they appear to have completely forgotten about ... or did they ever get around to recognising the loyalty of the small band of fans that went to that game?

And I dread to think how many would renew again if we went down.

It would probably depend on the prices. They surely would have to come back down to what they were this season. Also, how many people would really want to watch at least another season in a sh1te league at this season's prices?

It would probably depend on the prices. They surely would have to come back down to what they were this season.

They didn't last time.

Also, how many people would really want to watch at least another season in a sh1te league at this season's prices?

Pointless question.

Ask yourself this:

How many people will renew at the new price in 08/09 if we're unlucky enough to get relegated after the way they've been treated by the club this time?

My guess is significantly less than 5k.

Archived