IGNORED

Only 2,000..........so Far

Motorwayman

They didn't last time.

Pointless question.

Ask yourself this:

How many people will renew at the new price in 08/09 if we're unlucky enough to get relegated after the way they've been treated by the club this time?

My guess is significantly less than 5k.

Hardly anyone would. I would seriously think about renewing if i had to pay the 2007/08 prices in league 1 the season after. They would have to go down, but by how much would be anyone' guess.

It's not just that:
  • Premier Club.
  • Middlesborough Home.
  • Ticketing Hotlines that are anything but.
  • Millwall Away-Not that it happened, but the response & offer.
  • The EE-Even now it's the away fans with the biggest allocation and the best seats.
  • No Early Bird Discounts
  • 30-40% Hikes
Am I missing any?

The only missing point is, that any CEO with a similar record in the real world would be fired. Out of touch, incompetent and the fans deserve better. BCFC gets rid of players for not making the grade or wrong attitude. That policy should also extend to the administrative and management staff with equal vigor.

The only question I would ask is how many are renewals-If a substantial number are, then Houston, we have a problem :disapointed2se:

We'll, to add my opinion as well, the club have lost me and 2 lads for this season, like many others I am (whoops .... was) a season ticket holder as were my lads (8 and 6) who love the matchday experience. The increases are a flippin' joke even if I was not priced out of renewing (which I am) I would have stuck 2 fingers up to the club (well, the so called Admin anyway) as a way of protest.

I will now be supporting the lads as best and often as I can away from home.

Sexstone - don't forget your jacket :nono:

The only question I would ask is how many are renewals-If a substantial number are, then Houston, we have a problem :disapointed2se:

Do you reckon? It's still so early and i think 3500 so far regardless is a good number for the end of May?

Going into our first home game we will pack out AG and well over 11000 should be ST holders.....i hope.

I myself am considering moving back to Bristol from the far East just so i can buy my ST,(plus i miss Bristol desperatly) i'm sure there are plenty of other Fans trying to either get the money, or jiggle their life such to attend the home games too.

Do you reckon? It's still so early and i think 3500 so far regardless is a good number for the end of May?

Going into our first home game we will pack out AG and well over 11000 should be ST holders.....i hope.

I myself am considering moving back to Bristol from the far East just so i can buy my ST,(plus i miss Bristol desperatly) i'm sure there are plenty of other Fans trying to either get the money, or jiggle their life such to attend the home games too.

CH i honestly beleive we wont meet that target based on fans feelings and comments so far.

I reckon could be as low as 8000 which will be bloody sad

I've written to SteveL by snail mail regarding the lack of loyalty shown and the chasm growing between the club and it's lifeblood despite GJ's hard work. I have yet to hear back.

The problem is that a fan can't very well show depth of feeling without harming the club. It makes it very hard to get a short sighted buffoon like Sexstone who has no clue whatsoever about how fans feel and react to see the point. As a result next season GJ's team will be playing in front of 14-15,000 content fans with high expectations instead of 16-18,000 ecstatic fans with realistic expectations. And I dread to think how many would renew again if we went down.

One way perhaps?.... (posted last weekend on earlier thread)

One suggestion a mate heard in the pub and told me about earlier today was:

A couple of blokes obviously pi$$ed off about the OTT price rise AND the fact that no recognition was given to the loyalty of long term fans by the Club ( where was the Early Bird Prices?..etc ) .

It seems that despite the fact they WILL RENEW because they are City fans & they'll support the TEAM no matter what... they also went on to how they wish they could shame the Club in some way, make a stand against the Clubs 'exploitation' of fans & how they felt sorry for poorer fans who would be sat at home next season purely because of cost's.

The idea they came up with was to write to the papers, canvass mates at work etc to try to get support for their plan to :

'STAND UP & TURN THEIR BACKS TO THE PITCH FOR A MINUTE OR TWO PRIOR TO THE TEAMS EMERGING FROM THE TUNNEL AT SEVERAL OF THE EARLY AG GAMES NEXT SEASON'.... A gesture to demonstrate their grievance with Sexton & Co & despite the fact that they were there didnt mean they were happy with the way fans are being exploited.

As soon as the teams emerge onto the pitch normal support would commence, -to show the players the grievance is with the Club & not with the Team or Manager who they would continue to give 100% support to.

I don't know if it will catch on, but judging from the strong feelings & comments made by fans here on the topic I reckon it might just do so... seems like a pretty good way to make a visual protest to me, peaceful but powerful & in their face so to speak.

Be interesting to see if it happens...

(... from AlanPaynes 'My Letter The Evening Post Decided Not To Print' thread couple of other protest ideas on same thread... (thread still on forum- page two)

I think people should either 'do something about it & protest in some way' or (as Sextone & co expect... just have a moan, cough up yer cash, and forget about being ripped off!...).

If youre fortunate enough to still be able to afford it - youve got a choice - take a stand & make a point on behalf of the dads & kids who have been shafted & cant join you next season, or sit back, do/say nowt therefore playing (as expected) into Sextones greedy disloyal hands & let him get away with it scot free! ...

He wont lose any sleep over individual letters & emails - unless they're backed up with some kind of group actions.

Can't see us selling more than 10,000 ST's as CS has promised yet another price hike if we hit that figure (What an idiotic thing to do!). Crowds may well be good initially, the real test will be October onwards if we are not doing that well. Then watch out for the 'Mate for £5' and 'Kid a Quid' offers.

Too many Clubs paying out too much in wages, raising prices too high - It's all going to crash again soon, and as with the ITV Digital fiasco, the Championship Clubs will be hardest hit as they are the worst offenders.

Rather amsuingly both myself and my partner have yet to recieve our renewal forms in the post.

We are off on holiday end of next week, if it wasn't for the fact we have the internet we wouldn't know what time frame I had to renew them.

If they've not sent all the forms out then I make it that some people may have around 2 weeks notice to renew.

One thing the steep increase and little loyality, but to not even get the forms out to all exsisting S/T holders is something else.

Interesting, the ticket office itself said that 1600 had been sold by last friday - just over 300 per day.

On Tuesday and Wednesday they sold nearly 2000 - almost 1000 per day !

Whatever, 3,500 seems to be the figure.

I reckon that indicates around 9,000 season tickets sold by the deadline.

All these numbers i suppose don't mean much right now, but it's the only indicator we have along with fans feedback, guess we'll all have to wait and see what the magical number will be, like Arny said, 8000 total would seem a little low. reckon we the club will be happy with 9000 ST's sold, and potentially that again on the day.

• Admin
Rather amsuingly both myself and my partner have yet to recieve our renewal forms in the post.

We are off on holiday end of next week, if it wasn't for the fact we have the internet I wouldn't know what time frame I had to renew them.

If they've not sent all the forms out then I make it that some people may have around 2 weeks notice to renew.

One thing the step increase and little loyality, but to not even get the forms out to all exsisting S/T holders is something else.

Ditto, I've had no communication from the club regarding renewals.

just had a quick look at the paper again in reception,

apparently alot of the season tickets sold are for new season ticket holders and they say they haven't sent out a large majority of renewal forms yet!........what a farce

oh and i haven't received my form either yet, saying that they actually sent my season ticket last year to an address I hadn't lived in for 3 years!!!

• Admin
Sorry, but £425 for second division football is ridiculous. My g/f is a Derby County season ticket holder and paid £385 for her season ticket in an early bird deal - her seat is on the half way line, half way up, perfect view watching PREMIERSHIP football. If she renewed now, it'd be £425. Same price as City. You can see why Derby have sold 20000 and we've sold 2000. Premiership football, better ground (sorry but it is!), same price. And that's 20000 from a smaller fan base I'd bet too. If season tickets had been the same price as last year I'd have got one, but with the increase and the fact that it's a 250 mile round trip for home games for me, makes it too expensive for me. We've really shot ourselves in the foot. :disapointed2se:

Stewart

To be fair you have to take that in context. Premiership STs are for 19 games compared to our 23. If you extend the price of Derby's £425 ST to cover 23 games it would cost £514 (and a few pence)

I wouldn't necessarily agree. If I was a newbie ST holder I would wait until after the renewal deadline for two reasons:

1) Some STHs won't renew and their seats will become available.

2) As I don't have to rush to secure the same seat as before I could keep the money in my account for at least an extra month.

I'd then keep one eye on statements from the club just to ensure I did manage to nip in before the 10k thresh-hold sent the price higher.

just to add, aren't derby £50 million in debt?

Erm, no. They were and almost went into administration, but due to some shrewd moves by Peter Gadsby they managed to reduce this to less than ten million and they still own Pride Park. This debt will now probably go because of promotion.

I really considered buying a season ticket this year as for the first time in ages I could guarantee every Saturday to be free, I'd planned on travelling from Derby to Bristol for the games, but given the extra increase it's tipped me over the edge of not being able to afford it. :(

I've just listened to the SL interview on World and I got even more annoyed about basically pricing out kids form certain seats to maximise revenue. The kids are the future adult supporters and they should be allowed to sit where they like, not shoved into a part of the ground where they're struggling to sell.

Stewart

That's one big 'expensive' shite then Portland Bill?

Tell me about it :rolleyes: . Its true though,thick and thin for 30 years ( bottom of 4th division etc etc) and as soon as we get a bit of success the club says........ b011ox to you Mr Bill we will charge you what we want. :ranting:.

All these numbers i suppose don't mean much right now, but it's the only indicator we have along with fans feedback, guess we'll all have to wait and see what the magical number will be, like Arny said, 8000 total would seem a little low. reckon we the club will be happy with 9000 ST's sold, and potentially that again on the day.

We started last season with 7,460 and finished with 7,600-Not much of an icrease for a club that had a decent cup run and was in the top four for most of the season.

Any less than 10,000 particularly with 1,400 fans enjoying a 30% discount as Foundation Members, will be an abject disaster.

We'll, to add my opinion as well, the club have lost me and 2 lads for this season, like many others I am (whoops .... was) a season ticket holder as were my lads (8 and 6) who love the matchday experience. The increases are a flippin' joke even if I was not priced out of renewing (which I am) I would have stuck 2 fingers up to the club (well, the so called Admin anyway) as a way of protest.

I will now be supporting the lads as best and often as I can away from home.

Sexstone - don't forget your jacket :nono:

I am with you on this mate, i have 2 lads as well and we were all going to get S/T. The HIGH price rise has ruled us out. I expect my lads will get used to wandering "round town" on a saturday afternoon now. They will probably be lost to City and no doubt end up getting sucked in to the Liverpool,Man utd, chelsea etc etc fan base which most kids are in nowdays.

It really makes my f;n blood boil, they love going to City with me. Time and Time again City have had the "FANS FOR THE FUTURE DAYS".....why? :dunno: what was the point when there pricing there fathers out of going :ranting:

I am with you on this mate, i have 2 lads as well and we were all going to get S/T. The HIGH price rise has ruled us out. I expect my lads will get used to wandering "round town" on a saturday afternoon now. They will probably be lost to City and no doubt end up getting sucked in to the Liverpool,Man utd, chelsea etc etc fan base which most kids are in nowdays.

It really makes my f;n blood boil, they love going to City with me. Time and Time again City have had the "FANS FOR THE FUTURE DAYS".....why? :dunno: what was the point when there pricing there fathers out of going :ranting:

Myself and my four sons have now been priced out of it too, it's hard to take really, it gave me a chance to see four of my sons and have a good afternoon, but now? if i go it seems i'll have to pay as and when i can afford to go, without my boys :no: it's a shame and very sad.

Myself and my four sons have now been priced out of it too, it's hard to take really, it gave me a chance to see four of my sons and have a good afternoon, but now? if i go it seems i'll have to pay as and when i can afford to go, without my boys :no: it's a shame and very sad.

Just to emphasise the point, what is the difference this season to last season-how old are your sons and where do you sit?

I'm thinking of putting something together on this and writing to the club via the ST who, as you may know, attend Board Meetings.I'd rather have real examples than supposition.

If you'd prefer to PM me then that's fine.

I don't know if it'll do any good but the more posts I read like yours and Portland Bills the more annoyed I get at the club.

Archived