IGNORED

City Celebrity Fans ... ?

Leveller

Just a bit of silly season rubbish, but I'm getting a bit tired of the transfer speculation ...

There's been a recent thread saying Justin Lee Collins is City & claiming the same for Banksy (isn't he supposed to be anonymous?) but who else is there?

I know about (I think all common knowledge)

Tony Robinson

Marcus Trescothick

Jonathan Pearce

Wurzels

Any more?

And couldn't we use them more to raise the club's profile somehow?

Just a bit of silly season rubbish, but I'm getting a bit tired of the transfer speculation ...

There's been a recent thread saying Justin Lee Collins is City & claiming the same for Banksy (isn't he supposed to be anonymous?) but who else is there?

I know about (I think all common knowledge)

Tony Robinson

Marcus Trescothick

Jonathan Pearce

Wurzels

Any more?

And couldn't we use them more to raise the club's profile somehow?

Banksey is gas i believe.

Banksey is gas i believe.

Don't see how you can know that when he's anonymous.

Rob Del Naja and the other two blokes in Massive Attack and Tricky who used to be are all City fans though I think only Rob Del Naja is serious about it.

John Cleese and Mark Dudbridge are two others that spring to mind.

Taken from the Wikipedia site:

Famous fans of Bristol City include:

Jenson Button - F1 driver.

Gareth Chilcott - Former Bath and England Rugby Union player.

John Cleese - Comedian who has starred in Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

Justin Lee Collins - Comedian.

Mark Dudbridge - Professional darts player.

Dominic Mohan - Journalist.

3D (AKA Robert Del Naja) - Member of Bristolian band Massive Attack.

Jonathan Pearce - Football Commentator.

Tony Robinson - Actor who has starred in Blackadder and presenter of Time Team.

Richard Scudamore - Chief Executive of the F.A. Premier League

Marcus Trescothick - Somerset and England cricketer.

The Wurzels - Somerset based band.

How many times do these famous City fans get down the Gate? Does anyone have their ST next to Jenson and his Dad? Or 3d?

Would be nice to see them cheering on the boys, some big names there.

I am fairly certain that Robert Del Naja has a season ticket.

He was a massive help (no pun intended) in getting the AG8 dinner off the ground.

Jonathan Pearce and Angus Scott were both good value for money at the ST launch night. Anyone who attended will remember their double act.

Richard Scudamore, CEO of the Premiership, is a City fan and supplied a number of excellent raffle prizes for the ST launch and the recent POY awards.

How many times do these famous City fans get down the Gate? Does anyone have their ST next to Jenson and his Dad? Or 3d?

Justin Lee Collins gets down there when he can it says because he still lives in Bristol, the others i haven't got a scooby doo :innocent06:

Saw Coochie Chillcott at the Yeovil away game this season. Saw 3D (Delge) at the City/Stoke LDV final & see Tony Robinson walking back towards Hotwells quite often after a home game.

I can assure you that Banksy is a Bristol City supporter.

--------------------

(Please note that Greenun's opinions are strictly his own and unfortunately, so are his jokes.)

Hmm...

sounds very authoritative, but can you expand on this? Got paint on your hands have you? :source:

Anyway, if he is, it's about time he got down to AG and added some value. There are several areas where some considered murals would improve the place. That wall in the car park for a start.

Anyway, if he is, it's about time he got down to AG and added some value. There are several areas where some considered murals would improve the place. That wall in the car park for a start.

That's a bloody good idea.

It might be "too urban", "too footbally" or "not corporate enough" though :(

I can assure you that Banksy is a Bristol City supporter.

--------------------

(Please note that Greenun's opinions are strictly his own and unfortunately, so are his jokes.)

Hmm...

sounds very authoritative, but can you expand on this? Got paint on your hands have you? :source:

I'm not going to name names, but a well known friend of Banksy's asked me if I could secure a Middlesbrough FA Cup ticket for the artist, back in January. Luckily, a colleague of mine had a spare one.

However, I don't think that Banksy is a regular visitor to AG.

No one have mention the most famous City fan of all time Cary Grant.

A similar thread to this one was aired a few weeks ago. I cited Cary Grant myself and actually heard him being announced on the Tannoy and saw him stand up and take a bow from the Williams, although it was just called the Grandstand in those days. I reckon that was about 1963-65. It still counts as one of my proudest moments.

...Anybody else think that a :

City Supporters/Wurzels/East End collaboration (+ maybe one or two Celebrity City Fan guests) to make & record a 'Bristol City' song CD is a good idea?

I think this year - City promotion, the final months of our old East End Stand, & The Wurzels still going strong at the moment (but they cant go on forever, can they? ;)).. is the perfect (& last) year to do something like this,...

With enough support, maybe a fans campaign of some kind, backing from the right people & a bit of luck... I think its possible...

First thing though, is to find out if any of the fans would be up for it.... Well? ...any thoughts/ideas?

And to 'rope in' the Supporters Trust to utilise their fantastic organisational abilities to make it happen - think it would be a perfect project for them (after their AG8 tribute success) to get involved with & take control of....

Come on who wants an official professionally recorded City Song ? - By The Fans For The Fans (with a little help from our friends)!!!

(I'd buy one..:))

Archived