IGNORED

Jamie Cureton

mundz18

I've heard Jamie Cureton's name tossed about on this forum recently,

so anyways just thought i'll let you know according to sky sports news he's handed in a transfer request at Colchester.

Just thinking maybe he wants to do a Marcus Stewart and attempt to finish his career in Bristol, well unless Wolves are connected with him, does that mean there now signing 200 players?

Could be wrong but just thought i'll share

He's just the kind of poacher City could use alongside Brooker/Showumni.Like him or not Cureton has an impressive goal return at all the clubs he's been at.He's very consistant every season and last season shows he can do it in the Championship.

I'd welcome him to AG.He'd be a good signing imo.

Guest DanC
If we were the last club on Earth I seriously doubt he'd sign for us.
I remember reading a while back that he was keen to join s but then went back ti Reading I think or went abroad.

Would be interesting, if we were to sign cureton, half the fans would take to him and the other half would always give him stick, he would score goals as he is a born goal scorer, we get the same scenario with jevons, so the question is, who would you rather have, jevons, who we know will score goals next season, but will always struggle to win over the fans or cureton with his gas links, but will, as we know can score goals in the championship, or both, what do you all think?

I wonder if the chants of paedo, paedo may make him think that AG isn't the place he wants to go to....

i always felt uneasy about that. nobody loves football banter more than me but i think that always crossed the line. as a loving father i would be devastated if some one accused me of such a horrible crime which it is. and you could see he felt the same way as he always got a reaction. i,m not being prudish as i love the cruel humour but that was just cruel

Like all signings from there local rivals if he starts well and does the business 5 goals in the first 3 games his past is history however a poor start and some petulance would make things sticky for him , i have give him as much stick as anybody but would relish him up front with a n other even brooker, would be a very good signing in my opinion, it all depends how he feels about the stick he got from city fans, but didnt the gas give phillips stick when he was normal and with us

I was going to post about him the other week, I was told by a friend of his that he'd just love GJ to give him a call so he could come to the Gate, with his strike buddy now having left Colchester he feels they will struggle to reach the heights of last year.

Personally I thought he was superb last season but I can't see him in the GJ mould

I've heard Jamie Cureton's name tossed about on this forum recently,

so anyways just thought i'll let you know according to sky sports news he's handed in a transfer request at Colchester.

Just thinking maybe he wants to do a Marcus Stewart and attempt to finish his career in Bristol, well unless Wolves are connected with him, does that mean there now signing 200 players?

Could be wrong but just thought i'll share

i don't think he'll wanna come here. He probabaly has ambitions of one last shot at the premiership........

Like other people have said Jamie cureton is a proven goal scorer. I don't care how old he is or where he's been previously but if he keeps us up (and i know this may be jumping the gun) but helped us do what Colchester did then we could attract bigger and better players in seasons to come.

He was seen out with City players after the promotion so who knows.

Certainly not beyond the realms of fantasy.

He WAS on the brink of signing for Rovers last season.

So why not go there now they're in League 1? Cheltenham play at a better ground the Col U.

So do Clevedon Town.

Archived