IGNORED

The Dark Sides Fans

atyeoboy17

Am i being a bit thick here ?, gas fans are saying they didnt want to come to the gate. because the think it would be an advantage to away teams, because of lack of atmosphere.

Surely when the memorial stadium is finished, with a capacity of 33000, it will only be a quarter full everyweek.

5000 fans in a stadium like that will be well funny.

Am i being a bit thick here ?, gas fans are saying they didnt want to come to the gate. because the think it would be an advantage to away teams, because of lack of atmosphere.

Surely when the memorial stadium is finished, with a capacity of 33000, it will only be a quarter full everyweek.

5000 fans in a stadium like that will be well funny.

When the Memorial Graveyard is finished, it will be a capacity of 18000.

Even so, i take your point!

Guest Eamer

Don't know where 33,000 came from but yea it's going to be 18,000. Quite a way out. For the first few weeks they'll pack it out at the new ground because well... people want to see what the brand new ground is like. After that the drop will be huge.

Don't know where 33,000 came from but yea it's going to be 18,000. Quite a way out. For the first few weeks they'll pack it out at the new ground because well... people want to see what the brand new ground is like. After that the drop will be huge.

Exactly the same thing happened with Doncaster.

I don't know? - It depends which league we're in.

Even the most clueless, hardcore city fan,or the most negative gashead will have to admit that Bristol rovers football club is a club on the up, just like your club is as well. Wembley two weeks ago proves that in our case. Rovers and city have huge potential to be well supported football clubs and get good backing.

I believe that our crowds will be up near the 8-10k mark from the start of next season and will stay that way until we move to cheltenham at christmas. Once we are back at the new mem (again it all depends what league we're in) then I see no reason why we won't get an avg of 15-18k if we were in the championship,8-12k in league 1 and 7-10k in league 2. Swansea,hull,huddersfield along with others have done this once in new grounds,why can't we?

And IMHO, City and Rovers have greater fanbases then these other sides, so once in our new home, I as why can't we get these crowds?

City have always had the better ground, so you have been able to tap into these kind of crowds,but up into now,because of our stadia we have not been able to, So we have to wait and see!

A new stadium, promotion and a decent start could see their average attendance doubled to close to what we will get - giving us some decent competition for a change.

That's assuming they will actually get their new stadium of course.

agree with you,even the last bit...

Guest Topman
A new stadium, promotion and a decent start could see their average attendance doubled to close to what we will get - giving us some decent competition for a change.

That's assuming they will actually get their new stadium of course.

some decent competition for a change...... so was that the 0-0 draw or the 1-0 win at the memorial ?

Guest Topman
City fans don't think of the JPT as a decent competition.

Enjoy it next season. :sleeping:

So you didnt mind losing to us then? good for you

I don't know? - It depends which league we're in.

Even the most clueless, hardcore city fan,or the most negative gashead will have to admit that Bristol rovers football club is a club on the up, just like your club is as well. Wembley two weeks ago proves that in our case. Rovers and city have huge potential to be well supported football clubs and get good backing.

I believe that our crowds will be up near the 8-10k mark from the start of next season and will stay that way until we move to cheltenham at christmas. Once we are back at the new mem (again it all depends what league we're in) then I see no reason why we won't get an avg of 15-18k if we were in the championship,8-12k in league 1 and 7-10k in league 2. Swansea,hull,huddersfield along with others have done this once in new grounds,why can't we?

And IMHO, City and Rovers have greater fanbases then these other sides, so once in our new home, I as why can't we get these crowds?

City have always had the better ground, so you have been able to tap into these kind of crowds,but up into now,because of our stadia we have not been able to, So we have to wait and see!

no,

you will wither away and reach your ultimate destiny;

insolvency.

The commentators for Sky/BBC/ITV/Talksport at the Rotherham game all said it was one of the best atmospheres they had heard at a football match so it cant be that. They must mean it would be an advantage for the opposing teams playing a proper stadium bcus the sags are not used to that, where most of the Division One teams are.

Personally I think you may have hit your highnote already; you were what, 17th, as little as 3 months ago? As I have written on your forum, the strength of League 1 next season may shock you, the quality of the teams in there, many of whom underperformed last season, is very high, and with Leeds, Forest, Oldham & Yeovil at the top of the pack, mid-table would be a very good result for you next season. When you consider that you scraped into the play-offs, it shows how tough it could potentially be for you next season; You did not only get promoted on merit, but on appalling form from the teams around you.

Archived