IGNORED

Backroom Staff

CityGill

There has been alot of chatter on the forum about new signings to help us progress as a championship club. Do the forum think it is time we improve our backroom set up as well?

I'm not saying anyone should be sacked as i beleve all of our staff have been doing a great job.

We all know next year we will have a bigger squad, and injuries were a problem last year so an increase in background staff could help with this. Sam Allardyce had great sucsess with Bolton with a large staff being that he a quite a few older players.

I beleive now that we have an increased budget it may be a good time to bring in more coaches/physio's/nuetritionists/doctors etc, and may be a efficient way of getting the most from our current squad and any signings we bring in.

Your opinions please

There has been alot of chatter on the forum about new signings to help us progress as a championship club. Do the forum think it is time we improve our backroom set up as well?

I'm not saying anyone should be sacked as i beleve all of our staff have been doing a great job.

We all know next year we will have a bigger squad, and injuries were a problem last year so an increase in background staff could help with this. Sam Allardyce had great sucsess with Bolton with a large staff being that he a quite a few older players.

I beleive now that we have an increased budget it may be a good time to bring in more coaches/physio's/nuetritionists/doctors etc, and may be a efficient way of getting the most from our current squad and any signings we bring in.

Your opinions please

Terry Cooper has left Southampton. City links and championship experience. If we were looking for a good coach, he would be a no-brainer if you ask me.

Your opinions please

Whats wrong with the current backroom staff? Theres already a full team in place.

Whats wrong with the current backroom staff? Theres already a full team in place.

Did you miss the line that said "I'm not saying anyone should be sacked as i beleve all of our staff have been doing a great job."

All I'm saying is more players more staff, more staff more indevidual coaching, less injuries depending on where we improve.

Agreed, but any club looking to do well when promoted and could do worse than getting people in with experience of that league. If John Ward had a coach/assistant with championship experience we may have not got relegated last time in my opinion (guess we will never know). SL says he wants to learn from last time and the mistakes....

Most companies looking to expand tend to bring in experienced people, why should BCFC be different. I certainly do not see any harm in it.

That said it is not a major issue from my point of view as I think GJ is a good manager, but it is worth consideration.

Did you miss the line that said "I'm not saying anyone should be sacked as i beleve all of our staff have been doing a great job."

All I'm saying is more players more staff, more staff more indevidual coaching, less injuries depending on where we improve.

I may be being presumptious but i think the point Robbored was making (and if not i'll make it anyway) is that, there isn't that much that we can see that is obviously lacking within our coaching structure.

I know you're not saying we should sack anyone but if GJ is happy with the structure he won't make any changes. The first thing he did was to assess every aspect of the club and he's kept pretty much the same staff on with the exception of stealing Yeovils physio!. GJ seems to be a very professional manager, we seem to be a very fit side and make fit signings and GJ assesses the attitude of players before he signs them.

I'm sure if he felt the need to change things he would and would receive the backing to do so. He hasn't. I'm not sure why we should change things. You seem to be suggestiong we should because we can not fro any particular reason?

Basically we don't actually know anything about what the coaching is precisely like at our club. We went up so it's good, we struggle and it's bad. I see improvements in our players on the pitch throughout the season, i see young players with more ability than i've ever seen before coming through the academy system and i see the attitude of the players as committed to the full and i see a team of winners. I don't know what more you can expect from a team?

Basically we don't actually know anything about what the coaching is precisely like at our club. We went up so it's good, we struggle and it's bad. I see improvements in our players on the pitch throughout the season, i see young players with more ability than i've ever seen before coming through the academy system and i see the attitude of the players as committed to the full and i see a team of winners. I don't know what more you can expect from a team?

Looking at the non playing staff, i think that was the first thing johnson did, bring our backroom upto championship standard.

I totally agree. GJ is as thorough as they come imo, and didn't hang about bringing in the team he wanted 'behind the scenes', Glen Schmidt, Pete Johnson etc.I have absolute faith that if he felt a reshuffle or further recruitment was required, he would ensure that it happened as a matter of course.

Like the players who won promotion on the pitch, it is right that the support staff are backed to be as successful, in the championship.

Archived