IGNORED

It's Amazing What Early Bird Ticket Deals Can Do

Barrs Court Red

Entirely expected if you introduce a discount scheme.

Some clubs have grasped that and will reap the benefits.

If you bothered to join the CityFOUNDATION you'd have been given a massive discount on your season ticket.

That's what I did (well, I transferred my City2000 membership over) and I also got a few others to join as well, so we are all getting healthy discounts on our season tickets.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the season tickte prices anyway. For the last few years there has been little or no increase in ticket prices, we've now been promoted and this means higher salaries to the existing players and comparible salaries for new signings. Who do you think is going to pay for these increased costs? It's us. Well, we are off setting them as the directors are still generously underwriting the massive losses we make every year.

If people think it's fair that we ask the custodians of the club to continue underwriting the losses and making loans to the club rather than us addressing the real problems of not enough money being generated by tickets sales, then I'd love to see them run the club and throw good money after bad trying to create a false 'value for money' season ticket that doesn't in any way represent the true cost of watching a Championship team.

The choices are easy. Pay up and look big - or pay on the day.

I don't see how complaining about the ticket prices is going to have any positive effect on the club at all.

If you don't have access to the cash at the moment, why not pay by installments? that makes it a lot more affordable if you are a bit short of folding.

Football Costs.

Lets not forget the club is in turmoil and forced to sell its best players, while having its worst period in decades.

They just missed promotion, have a talented manager, some great players coming through and it's rumoured that one of Microsoft's directors is about to take over. I've known clubs in worse states!

If you bothered to join the CityFOUNDATION you'd have been given a massive discount on your season ticket.

That's what I did (well, I transferred my City2000 membership over) and I also got a few others to join as well, so we are all getting healthy discounts on our season tickets.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the season tickte prices anyway. For the last few years there has been little or no increase in ticket prices, we've now been promoted and this means higher salaries to the existing players and comparible salaries for new signings. Who do you think is going to pay for these increased costs? It's us. Well, we are off setting them as the directors are still generously underwriting the massive losses we make every year.

If people think it's fair that we ask the custodians of the club to continue underwriting the losses and making loans to the club rather than us addressing the real problems of not enough money being generated by tickets sales, then I'd love to see them run the club and throw good money after bad trying to create a false 'value for money' season ticket that doesn't in any way represent the true cost of watching a Championship team.

The choices are easy. Pay up and look big - or pay on the day.

I don't see how complaining about the ticket prices is going to have any positive effect on the club at all.

If you don't have access to the cash at the moment, why not pay by installments? that makes it a lot more affordable if you are a bit short of folding.

Football Costs.

Can't really disagree with any of that to be honest. Good post

Soton have a new stadium sorted and are in it, we don't. we just seem to get bogged down in recriminations and vague promises between us and the council and backers.We seem unable to even realise sensible redevelopment of the gate. (This year you can sponser one scoop of Sextones magic cement mix to add to your invisible brick)

They have a fairly solid board with investment backing.(even allowing for the removal of their chairman not long ago) We have a chairman who has manouvered the club and board into an effective closed shop. By maintaining the line of backing the club with his own money (in exchange for shares and consequently ownership) we haven't managed to get any form of serious 3rd party backing in place. and DON'T give me the crap about 'without him we'd go bust' because that simply isn't true.

They have exploited the sale of their young starlets much better than we have. Walcott and Bale have earned them serious cash. we have seen Cotterill go for a good price but the rest?

The Saints have a better history of league performance dipping between the top two divisions, we all know what BCFC has done up to now. (here's hoping for a new dawn!!!)

and Southampton isn't that great a place to be for christsake!!!(I know - I spent my early years just outside it) Bristol is MUCH better.

makes you kind of realise how we have under acheived.

Without any hystericle outpouring of opinion regarding our actual season ticket price, it's just an example of how an early bird offer can shift tickets. In comparison to a one size fits all price.

And Jimtastic, the Microsoft deal has died a death, Saints fans aren't overly keen on Burley and the young players coming through want out under this "talented" manager.

How does it?

Southamptons prices for an adult go from 450.00 to 500.00 where ours go from 375.00 to 455.00.

If you want to have a dig at the chairman/CEO it actually makes our prices look really good.

If you compare our prices to Charlton's you'll find we are also slightly (only just) cheaper - but, and it is a bloody big BUT...

They have been performing SUBSTANTIALLY better than us, and their fans can rightly expect a degree of success given their recent form.

Our chairman publicly stated last year that he expects us to perform in a 'mini league of 6 teams' at the foot of the division, avoiding relegation and hopefully consolidating from there. Now, fair enough we all want sensible consolidation in order to avoid what happened before, but why are we then paying for tickets in line with teams with proven form. It seems the CEO has grasped the milky teat with both hands in order to squeeze rather more tha they should have done.

Couple of questions. Given the strategy for price hikes this season, where do they go next? assume we stay up, mid table. Do we get another hike next season? if we go down do we get a hefty cut? In line with these other established clubs we not be paying much more or much less, but we are NOT yet established in the division.

We are also committing our spending strategy to this increase, if so, where does a relegation leave us? with bigger overheads and no means of supporting them? That doesn't seem prudent to me.

I'm not being negative - SL continually bases his statements on 'prudence' and safety' I'm assuming we will stick in this division this time, but I want to see investment brought in from other sources than the fans who can often barely afford the prices.

Whilst it is true that Championship football will cost, Championship football also generates more revenue for the clubs concerned. Average attendances will be up 30% surely? so 30% more revenue would have been generated without a ticket price hike. There is also the extra Sky money plus increased sponsorship incomes given the higher profile of this league. City are charging prices on a par with Villa, and prices that compare unfavourably with Wigan's £250 season ticket charge for any seat in the ground.

If you compare our prices to Charlton's you'll find we are also slightly (only just) cheaper - but, and it is a bloody big BUT...

But they can subsidise theirs with their £20m+ parachute payment.

They have been performing SUBSTANTIALLY better than us, and their fans can rightly expect a degree of success given their recent form.

Our chairman publicly stated last year that he expects us to perform in a 'mini league of 6 teams' at the foot of the division, avoiding relegation and hopefully consolidating from there. Now, fair enough we all want sensible consolidation in order to avoid what happened before, but why are we then paying for tickets in line with teams with proven form. It seems the CEO has grasped the milky teat with both hands in order to squeeze rather more tha they should have done.

So prices should vary week to week depending on current form. Maybe an extra £5 per ticket if we are in the top 6.

Couple of questions. Given the strategy for price hikes this season, where do they go next? assume we stay up, mid table. Do we get another hike next season? if we go down do we get a hefty cut? In line with these other established clubs we not be paying much more or much less, but we are NOT yet established in the division.

We are also committing our spending strategy to this increase, if so, where does a relegation leave us? with bigger overheads and no means of supporting them? That doesn't seem prudent to me.

I'm not being negative - SL continually bases his statements on 'prudence' and safety' I'm assuming we will stick in this division this time, but I want to see investment brought in from other sources than the fans who can often barely afford the prices.

To me its a simple choice.

275.00 for 1st Div football

or

375.00 for Championship

I think this years hike is to try to compete in the league above not just survive.

As to what happens if we get relegated.....I dread to think.

The chairman is getting slaughtered after a promotion ,so i would guess a hanging would be the least some fans would expect.

I think it costs about £114 PA to be a member of the City Foundation, if my sums are right that actuallly means your paying more than a non member. So to say joining the foundation would of made you a saving on your ST is rubbish when the fees are taken into account.

I think it costs about £114 PA to be a member of the City Foundation, if my sums are right that actuallly means your paying more than a non member. So to say joining the foundation would of made you a saving on your ST is rubbish when the fees are taken into account.

This is true - I am paying £9 extra for my season ticket (£350 + £114 as opposed to £455). However am paying the £114 over instalments (£28.50 a quarter) so am spreading the costs despite not being able to pay in instalments. Also stand a chance of winning £10 cash in weekly draws (so would recover extra if won it once) and have chance of biggy a couple of times (think got these details right but not get stuff to hand). And know that money is going to fund new training ground etc etc

If people think it's fair that we ask the custodians of the club to continue underwriting the losses and making loans to the club rather than us addressing the real problems of not enough money being generated by tickets sales

Surely the real problem is high salaries? We keep hearing that football is a business, well in the real business World, if income and expenditure don't meet, you look at reducing expenditure as well as increasing income.

Archived