IGNORED

Kjartan Finnbogason

CiderHider

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...1456802.0.0.php

Looks like a quality addition if we manage to sign him :)

Could you please quantify" Looks like a quality addition"? Surely to enjoy the term "quality" should not there be some accomplishment. The fact that the talk is of pre-season trial illustrates his true stature and standing,it is speculative in nature.The fact that he has no senior games under his belt would place him in the same category as hundreds of other young footballers.The fact that he is with a 'big' club can often suggest he must have more about him than most.But. a better prospect than Plummer? Another Gillespie perhaps ?

While Scotland once brought us a group of top line players it has not been a very productive area for us for quite some time.A young Rangers reserve fullback never made his mark,Miller came with a big fan-fare and left with a whimper.Back to the Icelandic guy, hopefully he could be good for us, it certainly seems to be feature of his countryman that they are energetic and enthusiastic.That alone could make him a different proposition than two of our current strikers.

The lads done well in Scottish reserve grade, but GJ has it right. If he is coming in for a trial, then we lose nothing, but can gain everything.

He will be keen to impress, is young and who knows he could develop into a Championship standard striker. Celtic reserves, is not a bad standard, requires skill, especially amongst Scots who would kill for that shirt.

You know what, I'me not about to discount this player.

What i don't get is how is he coming for a trial, isn't basically everyone at the club currently on there hols at the moment and there is no training going on at this point in the year???

He's said that he's going on our tour.

Sounds like a good move by GJ. Nothing to lose by bringing him in on trial and getting a better look at him, Unless of course he bangs in a load of goals and another team comes in and pinches him from under our nose!! He must be keen on a move to us though if he is prepared to come on trial in the first place.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/transfer-r...innbogason.html

I went onto a celtic forum recently and asked about this guy, you will see that they think it's a possibility he will sign for us and that he is a good young propect.

Rumours on the website that Celtic have tabled a £800k bid for Naismith

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/transfer-r...t-naismith.html

It also mentions the "English club" that offered 1.5 million and he will go there unless Rangers match the bid

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/transfer-r...innbogason.html

I went onto a celtic forum recently and asked about this guy, you will see that they think it's a possibility he will sign for us and that he is a good young propect.

Rumours on the website that Celtic have tabled a £800k bid for Naismith

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/transfer-r...t-naismith.html

It also mentions the "English club" that offered 1.5 million and he will go there unless Rangers match the bid

Thanks for links, interesting thoughts from the Celtic fans don't you think? It seems we may have more pull than top flight SPL teams and Italian clubs! mmmmm ^_^

No official line from BCFC on this player yet then?

Thanks for links, interesting thoughts from the Celtic fans don't you think? It seems we may have more pull than top flight SPL teams and Italian clubs! mmmmm ^_^

No official line from BCFC on this player yet then?

No problem Ciderhider :travolta:

I think we will be very quiet until the deals are done and dusted......but it's getting exciting init :englandsmile4wf:

The fans seems to hold him in high regard which is good. I think we have more pull than people realise.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...1456802.0.0.php

Looks like a quality addition if we manage to sign him :)

I hope you're right CiderHider, and like most people have been saying, we have nothing to lose from giving the lad a trial.

What all this makes me think of though is how much damage our recent spells in league 1/Division 2 have done to the club. During our last proper stint at championship level, we were signing players of international quality from Celtic's first team and not just looking at their reserves.

Hopefully, we won't balls it up this time and we will be able to get back to that level and beyond again.

Shame if he leaves Celtic, I thought he'd be a youngster capable of pushing through into the first team.

Not surprising he wants to leave though, with Chris Killen and now Cillian Sheridan giving back-up for the first team as 'bigger' forwards.

In recent years he has been regarded as the lesser of the two Iceland youngsters, behind Teddy Bjarnason, but is still a decent prospect.

Absolutely nothing to lose by giving him a trial.

FINNBOGASON :clap::clap::clap:

Sign him immediately -Sounds like he's straight out of the Noggin the Nog Norseland sagas. :w00t:

Any more out there by the name of Thornogsson, Olaf the Lofty, Nooka etc?:dunno:

Nogbad the Bad, Cut throat Jake, Captain Pugwash, Major Clanger, the Soup Dragon, all good players on their day!

The lads done well in Scottish reserve grade, but GJ has it right. If he is coming in for a trial, then we lose nothing, but can gain everything.

He will be keen to impress, is young and who knows he could develop into a Championship standard striker. Celtic reserves, is not a bad standard, requires skill, especially amongst Scots who would kill for that shirt.

You know what, I'me not about to discount this player.

[/quot

Would rather have Steven Naismith down here....but that £1.700,000 could be somewhat of a drawback.

Would rather have Steven Naismith down here....but that £1.700,000 could be somewhat of a drawback.

As could the fact we're up against Rangers for him.

Archived