IGNORED

Kjartan Finnbogason

CiderHider

As could the fact we're up against Rangers for him.

There's been nothing in the media to suggest that he'd rather sign for rangers than anyone else though mate. The only tit bit of info from the player was that he wanted to eventually play in the english premiership. Hopefully we're the team to eventually take him to the prem.

There's been nothing in the media to suggest that he'd rather sign for rangers than anyone else though mate. The only tit bit of info from the player was that he wanted to eventually play in the english premiership. Hopefully we're the team to eventually take him to the prem.

There is information to suggest he would be able to get into Rangers' first team next season; in no small part due to the lack of decent competition. I think any Scottish player would rather play for a Old Firm team than for a small Championship club anyday.

There is information to suggest he would be able to get into Rangers' first team next season; in no small part due to the lack of decent competition. I think any Scottish player would rather play for a Old Firm team than for a small Championship club anyday.

There is a lot more "kudos" playing south of the border, playing for Rangers looks a bit like going from the frying pan into the saucepan!

Nogbad the Bad, Cut throat Jake, Captain Pugwash, Major Clanger, the Soup Dragon, all good players on their day!

Great old City forward line that, i remember them each notching against the gas in a 5-0 drubbing at Eastville in the Glos.Cup.

Mind you the gas had Little WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED in goal, the Woodentops in the back four and relied heavily on Looby Loo to get their goals.

If i remember rightly the gas could have got on the scoresheet but their ace striker Roderick Rat, newly signed from Tales of the Riverbank missed a sitter from 2 yards out when Man of the Match Nogbad the Bad :city::sub: stopped him I'm his tracks by stepping on his tail.

Such was the ensuing pandemonium that gas stalwarts Daddy Top, Spotty Dog and the beautiful posh voiced lady who presented Picture Book were all dismissed and the gas finished with 8 'men'. :redcard:

City skipper Andy Pandy held the Cup aloft :winner_third_h4h: to great acclaim from the City hordes singing 'Andy Pandy's coming to play' and Rovers players were in disarray as the gasheads booed them off as usual and Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men stuck the Vee's up at them.

Great days indeed. :thumbsup:

Is this one better?

picturebook2mc7.jpg

She's holding 'The Book' but i'm not convinced that's the same woman Rudolf.

One the hairs parted the wrong way, and two she's posing and smiling like a 1940's film star. Three, 'full frontal', i don't recognise her at all!

The first picture is definitely the lady i was thinking of - could their have been an alternative/previous presenter?

The second one isn't self-affacing or demure enough at all, too confident and looks more like Doris Day about to crack the whip. :o

Nogbad

Good spot

Bring on Lindisfarne

Will Gazza make a cover version?

You mean "The Bog on the Gas is all mine, all mine?"

Wasn't thinking of that one, but would sound great if Gazza was belting it out, preferably in Icelandic.

The PC brigade of scoundrels :ranting: might not like the one I had in mind. ;)

Guest DanC

I know a Celtic Season ticket holder and he has informed me recently that he is highly rated up at Celtic but the player is becoming frustrated with Reserve team football. So is looking to move on to get some first team football.

She's holding 'The Book' but i'm not convinced that's the same woman Rudolf.

One the hairs parted the wrong way, and two she's posing and smiling like a 1940's film star. Three, 'full frontal', i don't recognise her at all!

The first picture is definitely the lady i was thinking of - could their have been an alternative/previous presenter?

The second one isn't self-affacing or demure enough at all, too confident and looks more like Doris Day about to crack the whip. :o

PatriciaDriscollMay56.jpg

This is Patricia Driscoll with Max Bygraves in 'Charley Moon'.

From the cover of Picture Show (May 1956).

The other picture was of Vera McKechnie (and Sossidge) who took over when Patricia Driscoll left to play Maid Marion in The Adventurees of Robin Hood.

The lads done well in Scottish reserve grade, but GJ has it right. If he is coming in for a trial, then we lose nothing, but can gain everything.

He will be keen to impress, is young and who knows he could develop into a Championship standard striker. Celtic reserves, is not a bad standard, requires skill, especially amongst Scots who would kill for that shirt.

You know what, I'me not about to discount this player.

take celtic and rangers out jock football is poor and the reserves cant be no better than pontins league but no harm in looking

PatriciaDriscollMay56.jpg

This is Patricia Driscoll with Max Bygraves in 'Charley Moon'.

From the cover of Picture Show (May 1956).

The other picture was of Vera McKechnie (and Sossidge) who took over when Patricia Driscoll left to play Maid Marion in The Adventurees of Robin Hood.

Stout fellow, Tucks, :thumbsup: i knew the second picture wasn't her.

Then it's Vera McKechnie who enchanted the children of the 50's and me when I bought a Watch with Mother video in the 80's.

Andy Pandy, Bill & Ben, Picture Book, Tales of the Riverbank, The Woodentops - all captivating and entertaining stuff. :yes:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...1456802.0.0.php

Looks like a quality addition if we manage to sign him :)

News about Finnbogason at BBC: s homepage.

According to his agent he will come on trial in July and go with the team to Latvia.

Might test himself in Sweden before that (I will check it up) but will not sign for anyone before having been to Bristol.

Just reading in a Norwegian newspaper that Kjartan Finnbogason is going on trial with the Norwegian Premiership leaders Brann Bergen. The same news article reveals that Finnbogason is attracting interest from a number of Scandinavian clubs in addition to Brann.

I think the player sounds like a good prospect. Hope he won't sign for anybody else before Gary Johnson gets a good look at him in Riga.

Cheers,

Kjetil

Just reading in a Norwegian newspaper that Kjartan Finnbogason is going on trial with the Norwegian Premiership leaders Brann Bergen. The same news article reveals that Finnbogason is attracting interest from a number of Scandinavian clubs in addition to Brann.

I think the player sounds like a good prospect. Hope he won't sign for anybody else before Gary Johnson gets a good look at him in Riga.

Cheers,

Kjetil

One of them are IFK Gothenburg.

Is reported to be allround, tough and good in the box. Likes to "link up" the game.

Cheers

Tommy

Cheers,

Kjetil

Don't think it has been said before; 188 cm/83 kg.

Complement to Brooker?

One of them are IFK Gothenburg.

Is reported to be allround, tough and good in the box. Likes to "link up" the game.

Cheers

Tommy

The trial at Brann tourned out well but/and the club want's to see more of Finnbogason and have invited him to their training camp in mid July.

But he can't go with them. He is going to train with Bristol City for a fourtnight starting at July 10th.

- "If Brann don't come up with a very good offer it would not be very wise of me turning them (Bristol City) down".

Kjetil, did I get it right?

http://fotball.bt.no/eliteserien/article84192.ece

Archived