IGNORED

Gas To Bid £150k For Jevo

Eddie Hitler

I think he scord something like 17 in 65.

Hardly prolific.

Who for. No mention on soccerbase. He went from Everton to Grimsby to Yeovil to us.

He scored 11 league goals last season for us. Only 7 were in open play. For someone who started 31 games with 10 sub appearances in a promotion winning team, we should be jumping with joy at 150k should a bid be made.

Edit: I didn't realise Grimsbys fall from grace was so quick.

Who for. No mention on soccerbase. He went from Everton to Grimsby to Yeovil to us.

He scored 11 league goals last season for us. Only 7 were in open play. For someone who started 31 games with 10 sub appearances in a promotion winning team, we should be jumping with joy at 150k should a bid be made.

When he moved to Grimsby they were in the Championship. Link

I'm probably one of PJ biggest doubters on this forum so you don't have to try and persuade me. 150k equals good business.

You are probably right, but he's a damn sight better propositon than 'sicknote' Brooker. Now there is a waste of space.

..and where were you the previous two seasons when Brooker scored plenty and made all the difference, ask Leroy Lita.

Could you imagine West Ham fans wanting to offload Dean Ashton, or Newcastle, Michael Owen? Pair of sicknotes!! :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Yes,lets.......because its a shame he didnt use any of this experience last season.

I think he relied on his experience more than anything, he didn't really anything noticeably great over the season, but he but made a few good clever touches in the games he played despite lacking any real pace and towads the end of the season, especially against Forest, his creativity and experience prooved a real asset to us

I think a fully fit Brooker would be a surprise to everyone :)

It would be a surprise indeed. Sadly he does not stay fit for long. Strikers from other clubs will also get "stuck in where it hurts", that is part of a strikers remit, but they do not seem to get injured as often as SB.

Guest DanC
I can't see anyone offering £250k for Jevons.

£150-200k would be a good deal for City as Jevons came in on a free.It would also get him off the payroll and free up some much needed revenue.

If say for instance Man United wanted to buy Peter Crouch from Liverpool, The price Man United would pay Liverpool would be much higher than say if Portsmouth wanted to buy him because Man U and Liverpool are rivals.

So as Rovers are our rivals I would expect them to pay more for Jevo than any other club would.

And can you just explain what you mean by much needed revenue? Our bank balance most likely looks alot healthier now than it did at the same point last season and yet we should get rid of Jevo as we need the revenue? Am I missing something here? It's not like he is on megabucks like Stewart was otherwise I would understand your statement that we need the revenue.

If say for instance Man United wanted to buy Peter Crouch from Liverpool, The price Man United would pay Liverpool would be much higher than say if Portsmouth wanted to buy him because Man U and Liverpool are rivals.

So as Rovers are our rivals I would expect them to pay more for Jevo than any other club would.

And can you just explain what you mean by much needed revenue? Our bank balance most likely looks alot healthier now than it did at the same point last season and yet we should get rid of Jevo as we need the revenue? Am I missing something here? It's not like he is on megabucks like Stewart was otherwise I would understand your statement that we need the revenue.

I would hardly call Bristol Rovers a rival.

A rival for what?

Championship? Nope

Attendance? Nope

Football? Nope

Ground (even if the Ikea flat pack does go up)? None

:dunno:

We should just wait and see what options GJ brings in in the form of permanent strikers and then decide what to do with Jevons. I'm sure if we sign the kind of strikers that everybody talks about on the forums that most will not lose any sleep over Jevons leaving. On the other hand if we don't get whats needed in the transfer market then i think Jevons will be of some use to us next season.

150k would seem a reasonable deal though were we to sell him seeing that we got him on a free.

Cureton did the same, struggled in league one, then scored 20+ in the championship,

Jevons has scored at that level before, there is nothing to suggest he can't do it again.

i don't like cureton but he is proven in l1 and championship

Archived