IGNORED

Gas To Bid £150k For Jevo

Eddie Hitler

If they want him, they have to be serious, £150k is at least 50-100k short for a proven goal scorer, money bags sags..

I can't see anyone offering £250k for Jevons.

£150-200k would be a good deal for City as Jevons came in on a free.It would also get him off the payroll and free up some much needed revenue.

Good deal all round. Jevo gets to play more first team games. We get some cash and free up a wage. One less player to consider for selection.

Brooker, Showumni, 2 new strikers, Williams, Plummer. Thats 6 for 2 positions, and Jevo is smart enough to have worked out he would be down the order.

SL said in his BCFC interview, the players we sign will be better than what we have. That says it all.

Lets hope its more than gossip although the Gas are close to signing Andy Williams from Hereford according to yesterdays WDP.

Exactly what I'd expect from a secret gashead.

Jevo has proven quality and I believe he will thrive in the championship.

yeah, lets sell the most experienced forward we have and the only one who has actually scored goals in the championship!

All we can go on is last seasons performance by Jevons and you have to say he was v.disappointing and looked way out of is depth in the 3rd teir, if he stays then fair enough,he'll get his chance, and we will see what he can do, but personally i would take the offer

All we can go on is last seasons performance by Jevons and you have to say he was v.disappointing and looked way out of is depth in the 3rd teir, if he stays then fair enough,he'll get his chance, and we will see what he can do, but personally i would take the offer

You are probably right, but he's a damn sight better propositon than 'sicknote' Brooker. Now there is a waste of space.

You are probably right, but he's a damn sight better propositon than 'sicknote' Brooker. Now there is a waste of space.

If i was a centre-half i know who i would rather mark out of the 2! I think that a fully fit Brooker might surprise a few defences next year, we'll see, no doubt though we need a minimum 2 new strikers on board

In my opinion Jevons gets too much stick. Look at the facts he was our top scorer last season. I for one would not want him to leave especially as we haven't signed anyone yet to replace him.

If he does drop back to league 1 i would have thought a return to Yeovil was more likely than the gas.

If i was a centre-half i know who i would rather mark out of the 2! I think that a fully fit Brooker might surprise a few defences next year, we'll see, no doubt though we need a minimum 2 new strikers on board

I think a fully fit Brooker would be a surprise to everyone :)

Exactly what I'd expect from a secret gashead.

Why get personal? Thats his view!!!! We all know Robbored is red through and through.

Just because you don't agree.

Maybe you should put together a constructive arguement to prove your point.

Why get personal? Thats his view!!!! We all know Robbored is red through and through.

Just because you don't agree.

Maybe you should put together a constructive arguement to prove your point.

Why take things so seriously? Its a flippin' forum?!

He's entitled to his view, I'm entitled to mine.

Constructive arguments.

No other ****er (at least very few) bothers on this forum but here we go.

I believe Jevons has the quality to make it in the championship, he was our top scorer last season and whilst some of his performances were poor it is his footballing intelligence which I believe will enable him to thrive in our current division.

There you go.

I'd be surprised if they really are about to make an offer for Jevons and even more surprised if he wants to go.

That said if someone wants to take him and he is ok to go I don't think it's a problem provided we replace him with a striker with some pace.

Providing we have a decent replacment lined up. A deal at 150k would be good business all round, decent amount of cash for us, a grand or so freed up in wages and would certainly be seen as a quality signing for the Gas.

Seriously? Hardly set league one alight...... struggled in most games really

surely going up a level he will struggle....

Seriously? Hardly set league one alight...... struggled in most games really

surely going up a level he will struggle....

Cureton did the same, struggled in league one, then scored 20+ in the championship,

Jevons has scored at that level before, there is nothing to suggest he can't do it again.

Guest Eamer
As a Cheltenham fan we'd certainly be interested if he were available, not sure we'd want to pay £150k though.

Why not? You just got £200k for Odejayi... Would still have £50k to spare... and Jevon's is a better player than Odejayi.

I don't want any more of our players going to Rovers to be honest. Steve Phillips only went and helped them get promotion so wouldn't want Jevons going there too. I wouldn't mind seeing what Jevons can do at this level to be honest. Could suprise a few people as Cureton/Iwelumo did last season in the Championship.

Cureton did the same, struggled in league one, then scored 20+ in the championship,

Jevons has scored at that level before, there is nothing to suggest he can't do it again.

If the offer is a good one we must take it as it might not come around again, to be fair to Cureton he has been a regular scorer at every level he's played at and almost kept swindon up with his goals at the end of the season they got relegated. Again, if he stays then fair enough he'll get his chance but i'm only going on what i saw last season and i am not just talking about just 7 league goals in open play but his allround contribution to a game which were strolls in the park for opposing centre-halves, i hope he proves me wrong because he comes across as a decent bloke but every player has his price & in my opinion on what i've seen of Jevons £150,000 would be good business

Archived