IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Reading Interested

bh_red

What is it with Reading and our players.

Anyway, just seen the Evening Post in Reception and apparently City have dismissed any interest about Skuse and say they haven't heard anything.

Hopefully Skuse won't be swayed by any interest, he turned down Charlton to stay with City a few years back, so hopefully will want to stay now following promotion

on BBC as well, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6733533.stm

Were fast becoming Readings feeder club. don't know how much truth there is in this story but i would imagine if we were still in League 1, an approach from them would be very hard to refuse, same for Cole. Now that we are a Championship side i cant see any of our younger players moving on to sides like that anymore unless a large fee was involved, providing we can sustain Championship status were certainly going to have more chance of holding onto players like Skuse etc.

Why is everybody so sure he will stay. Reading are premership and Cole is not exactly the first name on the team sheet so could well be interested in trying to break into a premership team. I for one would rather sit on a premership bench with premership wages than a championship bench with championship wages.

I really hope Skuse doesn't go. Any player who at the age of 21 can 52 games at our level and be quality is a real talent.

But - there could be a good reason to contact Reading. And that would be about young Irish striker Shane Long. The lads got bags of pace, scores goals for fun in the reserves and is on the fringes of being an international squad player.

Why would he want to come here? Well Reading have Lita - Doyle and Kitson ahead of him in the pecking order plus they're looking to bring in another forward both Zamora and Harewood have been linked so why wouldn't a loan deal be good for both clubs. Shane's only just 20 years old so a season in the Championship might be very beneficial to his development and ours!!

They have a pic of fontaine, yet the story is about Skuse........

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2175035,00.html

In that case sell 'em Fontaine and let them think it's Skuseeeeeee!

Reading can bog off, we are in the Championship now and have to hold on to our key players, and I think Skuse is a key player for us. He is very important in the team, especially for free kicks and corners when he allows Carey & McCombe to go forward, and that worked pretty well last season didn't it.

This would be an unhappy household if he goes, anyone want to be the one to tell RedEmz!!! :surrender:

Reading are really beginning to get on my t1ts. They have ripped us off one too many times.

Hardly, we got a good price for SuperScottyMurray and a fair price for Lita who at that stage had only had one good season.

Don't want to lose Skuse but if he's offered some massive payrise like Cotterill was then we should get a fair price and let him go. If we start blocking these sort of moves for our younger players then there may be a reluctance by others to sign-up to new contracts.

Why is everybody so sure he will stay. Reading are premership and Cole is not exactly the first name on the team sheet so could well be interested in trying to break into a premership team. I for one would rather sit on a premership bench with premership wages than a championship bench with championship wages.

Even if you were a City supporter since birth?

Hardly, we got a good price for SuperScottyMurray and a fair price for Lita who at that stage had only had one good season.

Don't want to lose Skuse but if he's offered some massive payrise like Cotterill was then we should get a fair price and let him go. If we start blocking these sort of moves for our younger players then there may be a reluctance by others to sign-up to new contracts.

I for one would want to fight tooth and nail for a player like Skuse. You are a new breed of fan Hovis my Man. Caught up in the propoganda of the Premiership, tv rights, prawn sandwich brigade era. Happy to let players move on if it makes the already well paid player mega bucks. Ever heard of loyalty? It's a good job Cole has it in spades, I don't think he will be going anywhere.

I for one would want to fight tooth and nail for a player like Skuse. You are a new breed of fan Hovis my Man. Caught up in the propoganda of the Premiership, tv rights, prawn sandwich brigade era. Happy to let players move on if it makes the already well paid player mega bucks. Ever heard of loyalty? It's a good job Cole has it in spades, I don't think he will be going anywhere.

Dig the new breed!

If a player wants to move for whatever motives (tbh it's mainly money these days) then I don't like to see the club standing in the way of that move purely because they've signed a contract as it will put off other promising players from signing up for long contracts.

I'm not suggesting the club would or should push him out the door to make a few quid. The last time I can remember this happening was Rob Newman going to Norwich which was under a very different regieme. I think they wanted the money for rebuilding a stand.

If Skuse wants to stay here and play then that's great and Reading should be firmly told to go away and stop planting stories in papers.

I have no idea whether he will stay or go (obviously) but I do know withougt question that Reading have been sending scouts to city to watch him for 2 years now.

I can see where this story has come from.

I have no idea whether he will stay or go (obviously) but I do know withougt question that Reading have been sending scouts to city to watch him for 2 years now.

I can see where this story has come from.

Big deal. Who the #### are Reading anyway? Man United's south-west based scout has been watching Cole for more than 2 years.

Dig the new breed!

If a player wants to move for whatever motives (tbh it's mainly money these days) then I don't like to see the club standing in the way of that move purely because they've signed a contract as it will put off other promising players from signing up for long contracts.

I'm not suggesting the club would or should push him out the door to make a few quid. The last time I can remember this happening was Rob Newman going to Norwich which was under a very different regieme. I think they wanted the money for rebuilding a stand.

If Skuse wants to stay here and play then that's great and Reading should be firmly told to go away and stop planting stories in papers.

But lets be honest, when have our selling deals ever looked good (with the obvious exception of Cotterill)? I disagree that Lita was a good price at 1 million. He had a prolific season, scored on his debut for the England 21's and we let him go for peanuts. There are figures of ten million being touted for his signature now. And lets not forget that Reading stole Scott Golbourne. Still makes me seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethe.

Archived