IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Reading Interested

bh_red

What is it with Reading and our players.

Anyway, just seen the Evening Post in Reception and apparently City have dismissed any interest about Skuse and say they haven't heard anything.

Hopefully Skuse won't be swayed by any interest, he turned down Charlton to stay with City a few years back, so hopefully will want to stay now following promotion

on BBC as well, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6733533.stm

I think Cole Skuse is a decent player, but i don't think he's put in performances that would warrant attention from prem clubs.

Although he is still only 21 and has alot of first team experience for such a young age.

But lets be honest, when have our selling deals ever looked good (with the obvious exception of Cotterill)? I disagree that Lita was a good price at 1 million. He had a prolific season, scored on his debut for the England 21's and we let him go for peanuts. There are figures of ten million being touted for his signature now. And lets not forget that Reading stole Scott Golbourne. Still makes me seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethe.

£1m for Lita was an excellent deal for the club at the time, he had a prolific season for City, however it had only been one season, £1m was the best offer we had on the table and with the player wanting to leave City didn't have much of a choice.

£1m for what at the time, could have been a one season wonder was very good business for the club, either way we are extremly likely to profit again from him as and when he moves clubs, he's had one season in the prem and done fairly well, whether he can do it again next season is another story.

haven't seen any figures of £10m+ being touted around and see it very unlikely that any top prem clubs will be interested until he has had an established time in that league.

as for Golbourne..........."stole"...totally and utterly incorrect, they made an excellent offer for a player that was a very mixed bag at the time, Gary Johnson acceptted the offer and the player grudingly moved on to Reading, stating prior to his exit he felt he was being pushed out and was gutted to be leaving, personally I don't see that as stealing.

Back to the point though, any fee for Skuse will be hard to judge at the moment as to his worth, I'd imagine the interest that has been shown in him for years, we would be pushing for at least £1m+, however if he has a fairly decent season in the championship, that could well double.

either way, I'd be very surpised if City wanted to let him go, or if the player himself wanted to move on, playing Championship football next season with City is for him the perfect progression for his career and he's a smart lad and know doubt thinks the same thing.

Archived