IGNORED

Championship League.

Rednready

Traditionally there are the upper, middle and lower groups. Related to signings this is how I see them, in no particular order.

Top group :Charlton, Watford, Sheffield U, Preston, Southampton, West B.A., Wolves and Stoke.

Middle group : Coventry, Crstal P, Ipswich, Leicester C, Norwich, Sheffield W, Cardiff and Burnley.

Lower Group : Bristol City, Barnsley, Blackpool, Col U's, Hull C, Plymouth A, QPR and S****horpe.

We will need around 50 points to stay up, thats close to 1.1 point a game.

To get in the middle group, around 55-65 points we need to be looking at 1.4 points a game.

Col U's averaged 1.5 points per match and finished 10th with 69. Just 6 points from the play offs.

Providing GJ sticks with his blocks of ten, I think we need to start hard, fast and not overtrained like last season. Far too many friendlies and we lost 4 of our first 5 matches.

If we can achieve a 1.5 average in our first block of 10 matches, that will help our confidence and go a long way towards keeping us in the Championship. Say 4 wins 3 draws and 3 losses.

Top group :Charlton, Sheffield U, Coventry, Ipswich, Southampton, West Brom, Wolves and Norwich City.

Middle group : Watford, Crystal P, Preston, Plymouth, Sheffield W, Cardiff, Hull and QPR.

Lower Group : Bristol City, Barnsley, Blackpool, Col U's, Leicester City, Stoke, Burnley and S****horpe.

this is my one.

50 points is the safety line.

15 wins out of 23 at home, 5 draws away, lose the rest and thats survival!

i'll take 4th from bottom right now!

98-99 season (last time we were in the C'ship), City were bottom with P46 W9 D15 L22 F57 A80 Pts42.

Swindon amassed 50pts and had seven clubs beneath them! P46 W13 D11 L22 F59 A81 Pts50

They lost as many as City had and both teams scored & conceded roughly the same number of goals. The difference was they won four games that City only drew.

Traditionally there are the upper, middle and lower groups. Related to signings this is how I see them, in no particular order.

Top group :Charlton, Watford, Sheffield U, Preston, Southampton, West B.A., Wolves and Stoke.

Middle group : Coventry, Crstal P, Ipswich, Leicester C, Norwich, Sheffield W, Cardiff and Burnley.

Lower Group : Bristol City, Barnsley, Blackpool, Col U's, Hull C, Plymouth A, QPR and S****horpe.

We will need around 50 points to stay up, thats close to 1.1 point a game.

To get in the middle group, around 55-65 points we need to be looking at 1.4 points a game.

Col U's averaged 1.5 points per match and finished 10th with 69. Just 6 points from the play offs.

Providing GJ sticks with his blocks of ten, I think we need to start hard, fast and not overtrained like last season. Far too many friendlies and we lost 4 of our first 5 matches.

If we can achieve a 1.5 average in our first block of 10 matches, that will help our confidence and go a long way towards keeping us in the Championship. Say 4 wins 3 draws and 3 losses.

Looking at that list brings home just how hard it will be this season. Won't it be good though, going into almost every game as the underdog, with every point gained received with euphoria. I really hope the expectation levels at the Gate are kept in check, because I honestly believe that the club are at least five years away from mounting any kind of serious assault on the play offs. Survival this season is everything.

Looking at that list brings home just how hard it will be this season. Won't it be good though, going into almost every game as the underdog, with every point gained received with euphoria. I really hope the expectation levels at the Gate are kept in check, because I honestly believe that the club are at least five years away from mounting any kind of serious assault on the play offs. Survival this season is everything.

Indeed yes, many a dog fight coming up, but we do have some players with fire in their bellies, lets hope we have enough of them. Our back line containing Orr, Carey, Keogh, McCombe, Fontaine, McAllister , plus the two Wilsons, is a good foundation to work on.

In any event, GJ's ability to strengthen the squad up front is absolutely essential to being higher rather than lower in the Championship. SL is on record as saying we will be signing players better than what we have. We may well be strong at the back, however we still have to score more goals than the opposition. That scenario could have kept us in division 1 for another year.........by one win.

Archived