IGNORED

City Have 3 Bids Rejected For

bcfcred

I see he's described as a "left" winger.

Being a City fan I'm not too sure what one of those is but as we don't currently have any I'm sure his signing can only help us? :dunno:

The official BCFC definition of a left winger reads...

"A right footed player, possibly a defender, who is forced to play in an unnatural position."

what I don't get is why is a young player playing for a decent team in the germany, wanting to come to an English Championship team for?

only thing I can think is Money?

Maybe they have had one lucky season? Were this team in the top flight last year?

Also, looking for a club where he can maybe be the star player catching the headlines each week and improve his chances off a big money move to the Premiership.

what I don't get is why is a young player playing for a decent team in the germany, wanting to come to an English Championship team for?

only thing I can think is Money?

And a step closer to the Premiership?

Can't be for the geographical links as his club is twinned with Sheffield and his hometown, Kaiserslautern, is twinned with the London borough of Newham or Rotherham!!!

• SC&T Board Members

One reason he might fancy a move is that Bochum is a dump. It's a former coal mining area with lots of unemployment right now. The club is also a bit of a yo-you club, often flitting between the first and second divisions of the Bundesliga. They last got promoted 12 months ago. He played a handful of games in their previous second division season and 16 last term in the top flight. They were flirting with relegation for much of the season, but ended strongly to finish 8th.

I'm pretty sure he'd make more money in the Championship than as a fringe player in an unfashionable and relatively cash-strapped Bundesliga side.

Anyway, I've posted the following on the Bochum fans forum, so we'll see what the locals over there have to say about this:

Hi aus England!

Laut Presseberichte bei uns soll mein Verein (Bristol City) dabei sein, Dennis Grote nach England zu holen. Habt Ihr was davon gehoert? Laut Berichte soll der VfL schon dreimal Angebote abgelehnt haben ... das letze war angeblich fuer 500.000 Euro.

Was fuer ein Spieler ist er? Linksfuss, oder? Was wuerdet Ihr davon halten, wenn er nach England gehen wuerde? Waere das fuer VfL ein Verlust oder eigentlich nicht?

Der Bristol City spielt uebrigens in der zweiten englischen Liga ('Championship' genannt). Er koennte als Neuling in der zweiten Liga ein Gehalt von umgerechnet ca. 5.000 Euro die Woche erwarten. Wie wuerde das i m Vergleich zu seinem jetzigen Gehalt aussehen?

Fuer alle Infos bin ich dankbar.

Cheers!

PS - The jist of that is: Have you heard the reports? Is he any good? Would it be a loss for you if he were to go? How would 5,000 euros a week compare with his current salary (I'm guessing what he might get here - basing my guess on the salary for Scott Murray revealed some time ago).

One reason he might fancy a move is that Bochum is a dump. It's a former coal mining area with lots of unemployment right now. The club is also a bit of a yo-you club, often flitting between the first and second divisions of the Bundesliga. They last got promoted 12 months ago. He played a handful of games in their previous second division season and 16 last term in the top flight. They were flirting with relegation for much of the season, but ended strongly to finish 8th.

I'm pretty sure he'd make more money in the Championship than as a fringe player in an unfashionable and relatively cash-strapped Bundesliga side.

Anyway, I've posted the following on the Bochum fans forum, so we'll see what the locals over there have to say about this:

Hi aus England!

Laut Presseberichte bei uns soll mein Verein (Bristol City) dabei sein, Dennis Grote nach England zu holen. Habt Ihr was davon gehoert? Laut Berichte soll der VfL schon dreimal Angebote abgelehnt haben ... das letze war angeblich fuer 500.000 Euro.

Was fuer ein Spieler ist er? Linksfuss, oder? Was wuerdet Ihr davon halten, wenn er nach England gehen wuerde? Waere das fuer VfL ein Verlust oder eigentlich nicht?

Der Bristol City spielt uebrigens in der zweiten englischen Liga ('Championship' genannt). Er koennte als Neuling in der zweiten Liga ein Gehalt von umgerechnet ca. 5.000 Euro die Woche erwarten. Wie wuerde das i m Vergleich zu seinem jetzigen Gehalt aussehen?

Fuer alle Infos bin ich dankbar.

Cheers!

PS - The jist of that is: Have you heard the reports? Is he any good? Would it be a loss for you if he were to go? How would 5,000 euros a week compare with his current salary (I'm guessing what he might get here - basing my guess on the salary for Scott Murray revealed some time ago).

Good work - have you got a link for the forum you posted on? I'm pretty handy with Babel Fish!

nobody in the world gets our league name set up and the constant changes... even the Germans from Bochum need a chat about it to figure it out!!...

Wie in dem Text geschrieben? the steht Championship. Nicht jeder weiss dass es die 2. Liga ist. (ich zählte mich bis gerade übrigens dazu Keks )

i think it means something like...those #######s in authority keep changing the names but the championship is their league 2 level. [i'll be buggered if our bloke will drop a league] !! :yawn:

Guest Eamer

Looks quite useful to be honest. Could well be worth the gamble. If we're interested enough to put in three offers then I'm sure we'll make the offer something they'll be wanting to take.

Archived