IGNORED

Record Season Ticket Sales

Stoke_Gifford_Red

• SC&T Board Members

That would suggest that a fair few existing ST holders have still not renewed and may support the argument that after Saturday very few more will be sold ... and that the ultimate attendance figures for next season may be nothing to write home about.

As others have said, the real proof of the wisdom or otherwise of the current pricing policy will come from the ongoing attendance figures, game in game out. It will be very interesting to see what that will be and what the ST / POTD split will be next season.

• SC&T Board Members
wait a minuit if we have sold 8000 there can not be many more that need to renew.

so.....

Yes there can ... newcomers have been able to buy tickets already ... just not in the seats of existing ST holders ... the very fact that the deadline is being extended suggests that a significant number of that 8,000 are newcomers and that a fair few existing ST holders have yet to renew (so the extra time may be needed).

Looks like some on here who predicted low ticket sales were wrong then.

They will be lower than it would of been without the obscene 33% rise, i would just about accepted 15%-20% but just will not pay the new price (although i have bought renewals for the 3 kids, still reasonably priced i think)

Anyone else amazed that 8000 season tickets is our record sales??

Made me go and search out my first ever season ticket - 1986/87 season in the Grandstand Enclosure for the princely sum of £50!!!!!

I know it's sad I still have it .... what's even sadder have still got all the programmes from that season and the one after

And if that isn't sad enough each one has the newspaper cutting of match report from both the Evening Post and the Weston Daily Press neatly folded in the middle pages .... :whistle2:

What is the deadline for? As far as I can understand it's only for existing ST holders to claim their seats.

By extending does it mean that there is a significant number of these seats not yet claimed?

Ive not got mine yet theres no rush. Why does it matter what the breakdown is? We have broken our record season ticket sales which includes the last time we were in division one without a 36% rise. The club may have got it right for once

... and that the ultimate attendance figures for next season may be nothing to write home about.

As others have said, the real proof of the wisdom or otherwise of the current pricing policy will come from the ongoing attendance figures, game in game out.

I would wager next seasons average attendance will be more to do with results than prices. For most clubs, more people tend to come to watch a winning team than a losing one. Look at the shocking gates Newcastle were getting pre-Keegan, from supposedly supurb fans.

We have seen before that our attendances at the top of the 'third' division have often outstripped those at the bottom of the 'second'.

I would wager next seasons average attendance will be more to do with results than prices. For most clubs, more people tend to come to watch a winning team than a losing one. Look at the shocking gates Newcastle were getting pre-Keegan, from supposedly supurb fans.

We have seen before that our attendances at the top of the 'third' division have often outstripped those at the bottom of the 'second'.

That would suggest that a fair few existing ST holders have still not renewed and may support the argument that after Saturday very few more will be sold ... and that the ultimate attendance figures for next season may be nothing to write home about.

You may turn out to be right regarding the overall attendance figures but people thought the season tickets wouldnt sell and clearly they have. don't forget these season tickets have been shifted before the excitement of the fixtures coming out, Before the deadline of renewals(Id expect at least 500 more renewals before the deadline with so many wanting to leave it until the last minute) and before any signings have been made. A couple good signings could be key to turning those who are currently sitting on the fence.........

As others have said, the real proof of the wisdom or otherwise of the current pricing policy will come from the ongoing attendance figures, game in game out. It will be very interesting to see what that will be and what the ST / POTD split will be next season.

I agree and it will be very interesting to see how many will pay on the day. As others have also said, The attendances will be driven by the performances more than anything else.

the doom and gloom merchants have been proved wrong - the club has got it right - season tickets are at a record -10,000 will be breached and even higher sales may be achieved if we get details of some good signings shortly.

Bring on August 11!

the doom and gloom merchants have been proved wrong - the club has got it right - season tickets are at a record -10,000 will be breached and even higher sales may be achieved if we get details of some good signings shortly.

Bring on August 11!

The club most definitely did not get it right. The lack of a discount for existing season ticket holders was insulting & showed a complete lack of respect to the loyal fans who have supported the club through the wilderness years in League One.

There is no excuse for that whatsoever. Just because the majority have renewed doesn't make them right.

Complete piss take by the club.

Bring on August 11!

Proved wrong? As anyone who's made a sensible comment on the price ripoff has said, let's see what the average attendance is shall we?

All that's happened so far is that we've sold a tiny amount more season tickets than we did last season despite having a headstart from multi year Prem seats and being promoted to the Championship.

What we'll see is that the "new" season ticket holders are people who will no longer be paying on the day for 14-15 games because those prices were hiked even higher.

I'll be proved wrong when our home fans attendance at the end of the season is over 1,000 higher than it was last season and if I am I will be the first to admit it and I will be happy to be wrong. Still very unlikely that this will happen and it should have and could have if the club hadn't ###### up.

Very worried about the Eastend sales after all this time trying to get it open and only 250 odd sold,we must sell it out a 1000 fans in there would be great support in one place of the ground,not all over the ground again,looking at the fixtures City is going to need this support,please now support the Eastend all those moaning they wanted it back support it

so far as you say - when ST sales are over 10,000 will you then admit you were wrong?

As I've said many times, the important thing is the average home fan attendance at the end of the season.

High ST sales but no or a small increase in average attendance would just lend weight to the argument that they got the pricing wrong if you think about it logically - it would mean they just moved customers from one pricing model to another.

If we're playing this season in front of anything less than just 1,000 more city fans than we did last season, how can you possibly say they got it right? That would be a MASSIVE failure in my book after waiting on this promotion for so long.

would not disagree with you - however, 10,000 season tickets would mean to fall less than 1,000 above last year's average would be highly unlikely - 10,000 ST's will represent a hugely successful ST sales number and should mean significantly higher average attendances. It will also mean substantially more revenue in the bank and availaeel to hoepfuly help fund some decent signings- performances will always have a major impact on attendance but strong ST sales will at leats give a financial cushion

would not disagree with you - however, 10,000 season tickets would mean to fall less than 1,000 above last year's average would be highly unlikely - 10,000 ST's will represent a hugely successful ST sales number and should mean significantly higher average attendances. It will also mean substantially more revenue in the bank and availaeel to hoepfuly help fund some decent signings- performances will always have a major impact on attendance but strong ST sales will at leats give a financial cushion

Do you think the lack of a discount for renewing ST holders was an acceptable move by the club?

10,000 season tickets is only good if those 2,400 extra sales aren't people who last season were attending 15 or so games anyway. If they are, then it has no bearing whatsoever on what our attendance will be.

Because the single match prices have been hiked even further, I think the likelihood is that the extra season ticket purchases are people who would have otherwise paid per match and did last season.

Success does affect walk up of course but the fact is we should be getting better attendances struggling in the Championship than we did leading league one. I am pretty sure we did the last two times we went up?

Anyway, I'm tired of posting the same arguments over and again and I'm sure other people are of reading them - perhaps you could stop posting "I told you so" prematurely in every thread about season tickets and we'll have a look at the end of the season?

10,000 season tickets is only good if those 2,400 extra sales aren't people who last season were attending 15 or so games anyway. If they are, then it has no bearing whatsoever on what our attendance will be.

Because the single match prices have been hiked even further, I think the likelihood is that the extra season ticket purchases are people who would have otherwise paid per match and did last season.

Success does affect walk up of course but the fact is we should be getting better attendances struggling in the Championship than we did leading league one. I am pretty sure we did the last two times we went up?

Anyway, I'm tired of posting the same arguments over and again and I'm sure other people are of reading them - perhaps you could stop posting "I told you so" prematurely in every thread about season tickets and we'll have a look at the end of the season?

Nibor's got a bee under his bonnet alright megansdad. fair play.

if it reaches 10k ST's thats about 3 million into the coffers taking average season ticket prices i reckon. Or is that overcooking it?

Nibor's got a bee under his bonnet alright megansdad. fair play.

if it reaches 10k ST's thats about 3 million into the coffers taking average season ticket prices i reckon. Or is that overcooking it?

Overcooking it a fair bit I think, the average price is lower because of concessions.

05/06 with 7,200 season ticket sales and near 12k average attendance we got a total football revenue of £3.2m.

Overcooking it a fair bit I think, the average price is lower because of concessions.

05/06 with 7,200 season ticket sales and near 12k average attendance we got a total football revenue of £3.2m.

Nibor... thats in the accounts right? Football Revenue.. is that broken down or do you know it is ST's and POTD i.e. ticket sales only?

If so then 12k for 3.2 million is an average season ticket price of £266.00 [if they were all ST's of course].. my estimate of £300 two seasons later may not be that far wide of the mark. I suspect by football rev, however, there is a lot more than just ticket sales as my question asks.

Archived