IGNORED

Mccombe

tin

Haha. Bet Celtic fans would love that.....Mccombe is a cracking player but him n that Port Vale guy leading the Celtic back line next year!

What makes it even more stupid is the fee. Unless there's a clause in his contract saying he can talk to clubs once they offer a certain fee. But our board cant be that incompetent and possibly have a miminum fee release clause as 150,000 can they?

Or can they?!

Maybe I'll print it out and keep it until later in the season to look back and see if there is one bit of truth in any of it! I bet this is the players and managers pre-season entertainment reading these rumours!!!

Did see Naismiths name mentioned quite a bit though and found this:

'Celtic will win the race to sign Steven Naismith from Killie, offering first option to talk to out-of-contract Kjartan Finbogasson in a cash-plus player deal'

Does McCombe's brother play for Bristol City and no-one told us?

No I just meant that as its a rumour, someone could have mixed up their names.

Its hardly the most reliable sources "My Dad was taking his dog for a walk and his dog reckons he saw so and so talking to so and so" etc etc

would be very surprised to see mccombe leave after 1 good season in league 1.

a good 6 months in the championship and come janary, we may struggle to keep hold of him. but cant see him going anywhere for now.

i am concerned though if he does have a £150,000 clause in his contract. we would lose out big time if this was the case.

Although a lot of these rumours are to be taken with a pinch of salt, I was interested to see the one about Billy Sharp at Reading.

While it might be fantasy, it could be realistic as I've read that the Irish lad ( Hunt?) might be moving and Ive also seen a number of postings on here ( if it's on OTIB then it MUST be true!) saying that Leroy might be looking for a move as well. If so, then Reading will need a goalscorer to come in and it is not beyond reason that Sharp would fit the bill.

If this is the case, then GJ might have 30% of Leroy's transfer fee to play with pre-season.

Just to add the view of a Vale onto that, I'm really really bermused by the Prosser link. He's never started a match for us, has just put pen to paper on a 6 month deal and is about 4th in line in our defence.

I swear the guy must have been on crack or something when he wrote that! I know Celtic have been after striker Danny Glover but not Prosser!

Archived