IGNORED

Akinfenwa ?

bartolona

Akinfenwa is a reasonable striker in the lower divsions but from what I've seen of him he doesn't have the quality to consistantly trouble championship defenders.He relies too much on his weight and his body strength to make up for his lack of mobility and skill.

Bit like Odejayi in many ways.

I'd be completely stunned if Johnson signed him.

Akinfenwa's the biggest load of fat w*nk on the circuit and we certainly don't want him.

He's never done anything in his career in the lower leagues to suggest he may make the step up to a higher level and just because he's available doesn't mean we should be in for him IMO.

Akinfenwa is a reasonable striker in the lower divsions but from what I've seen of him he doesn't have the quality to consistantly trouble championship defenders.He relies too much on his weight and his body strength to make up for his lack of mobility and skill.

Bit like Odejayi in many ways.

I'd be completely stunned if Johnson signed him.

Agreed, reminds me a bit of Frank Bruno, who was too defined in terms of upper body, and this sapped him of energy /oxygen imo, his glass chin didn't help!! Seriously if we were a route one side then he could be like D*von Wh*te, but not much chance of him playing in the championship. More of a lower league battering ram

Guest Eamer

I was never happy with the thought of getting him when we went for him before and would be even less happy if we went for him now we've been promoted.

I was never happy with the thought of getting him when we went for him before and would be even less happy if we went for him now we've been promoted.

don't worry yourself; unless GJ gets sun stroke in the Algarve and his brain goes there is absolutely no chance.

I hope he took a City Cap with him.

:huh:

Adebayo Akinfenwa was released today.

I actually think he could could be good for us. No really! He's quick, powerful, and scores a reasonable amount of goals. I think he's better technically than he's given credit for.

I don't know about his character, but he didn't respond to a contract offer from torquay two years ago, but maybe he's grown up? I haven't heard of any problems other than being upset about being left out but that's normal.

If he's prepared to work really hard (only Johnson from meeting him would know this) then why in all seriousness not? Obviously it would depend on how he recovers from his leg break. Isn't this a player (25ish) looking to make the step up who's got the physical ability to make it in the championship? And he's FREE!!! I think he fits the bill as a gateway player between league one and the championship.

Karl Hawley went to Preston on the back of his season scoring 12 goals, Adebayo scored 14 in a rubbish Torquay side.

Archived