IGNORED

Hatton Vs Castillo

solo1bc

De La Hoya was talking up a bout with Hatton on ESPN. Hatton would do better to fight DLH, who like Kostya is aging and slowing down....... Just enough to be beaten.

Mayweather will want this fight more than Hatton needs it.......at this time.

Your lack of boxing knowledge is obvious to see.

Tzyu is Australian and by the time Hatton fought the fight of his life against him Tzyu was well into his mid 30`s and past it when Hatton had to give the performance of his life to get the decision.

Mayweather in his last fight beat one of the most aggressive come forward fighters in the last decade with ease and he stepped up a weight to do it.Do you really think the little bloke with short arms and no power at Welter could do a number on a fighter who is one of the special fighters that come along from time to time?

Lacey was never overhyped,he was a decent fighter who was beaten by a better fighter on the night in Calzaghe.I should know as I was sat at ringside watching it.

There is no way Mayweather could lose to Hatton as they are both in their prime and Hatton is in the habit of beating "names" who are well past their best.

Mayweather is on a different planet to anyone Hatton has fought as well as being in a totally different league to Hatton in terms of class.

so you don't class hatton as one of these "special fighters that only come along from time to time"?

The bloke is class and i suspect you know that but you're going down the typical british route of denying how good one of "ours" actually is. Hatton is in the top 4 pound for pound fighters in the world mate. And as for "There is no way Mayweather could lose to Hatton", that is utter b***ocks.

so you don't class hatton as one of these "special fighters that only come along from time to time"?

The bloke is class and i suspect you know that but you're going down the typical british route of denying how good one of "ours" actually is. Hatton is in the top 4 pound for pound fighters in the world mate. And as for "There is no way Mayweather could lose to Hatton", that is utter b***ocks.

ZFC basically just repeats verbatim whatever he's read in the tabloids.

Hatton will cause Mayweather problems and Mayweather won't stop Hatton. My money would be on Mayweather on points but to say that Mayweather is somehow special is laughable considering the fights he's ducked.

I think Hatton's work rate and tempo will be to much for Mayweather. No doubt Mayweather is the better boxer, but Hatton won't stand off and let him box. Hatton will be in his face all night and wear him down for a 10th round stoppage. Or i might be wrong. Cracking contest either way.

I think Hatton's work rate and tempo will be to much for Mayweather. No doubt Mayweather is the better boxer, but Hatton won't stand off and let him box. Hatton will be in his face all night and wear him down for a 10th round stoppage. Or i might be wrong. Cracking contest either way.

i agree mate, it will be a great contest, both great fighters. But i don't agree with the thoughts on here that mayweather is a better boxer. they have different styles. My opinion is that mayweather beats most of his opponents before the fight actually takes places. He's a big brash character that enjoys the hype before a fight and seems to thrive from it, where as many a fighter will end up dumbstruck once the reality of how big a deal fighting mayweather is. Hatton i think is just as good a boxer and i don't believe he'll be overcome by the rigmorole that goes with fighting one of americas best boxers for years and the side show that that entails.

Take a close look at Rickys record and you will see where I am coming from.Ricky is a great fighter and it is in his and his managements interest to keep him winning which is why in football terms Ricky Hatton has never fought in the Premier League he has fought ex prem blokes who have been relegated but his record consists of mainly second division fighters.

Take a look at Mayweathers record and see who he has beaten and compare it to Rickys.........Mayweather easily beat Castillo with ease "twice 5 years ago" this when Castillo was in his prime not the shell of a man who dominated Hatton until he was caught by the body shot.Mayweather in his last fight stepped up a weight and beat one of the best come forward fighters of modern times with ease and was never once caught with a clean shot.

This fight is at Welter and the last time Hatton fought at Welter against the average Luis Collazo he gothe benefit of one of the worst decisions in the last 20 years.Collazo bossed the fight pushed Hatton around took every shot without a problem and was the victim of an awful decision that was influenced by HBO who had put a lot of money into Hatton and promoting him in the USA.

I would love it if Hatton beat Mayweather because he could eclipse Lloyd Honeyghans victory over Don Curry and make Hatton one of the best British fighters of all time.Sadly there isn`t nothing to suggest that Hatton can win the fight and your ridiculous notion that getting close to Mayweather and roughing him up inside holds no water as in his last few fights Hatton has looked better fighting on the outside as his corner suggested to him at the end of every round because when Hatton goes inside he gets picked off with ease and being a white man who cuts easily that is a dangerous game to play especially at Welterweight where Hatton does not have the power to trouble average fighters let alone a silky smooth fighter like Mayweather who has knocked out 24 of his 38 opponents.Pretty good stats for a jab jab man who wins on points don't you think? Ali was a big brash type who badmouthed opponents and like Mayweather he backed it up.

A few years ago we had a fighter called Prince Naseem Hamed, his record was far better than Hattons and like Hatton he remained in the first division and fought relegated Prem stars until he stepped up into The Prem and took on Barrera,Naz in 36 mninutes of fighting could not land a single punch on Barrera as Barrera was too good for him in every aspect.Barrera humiliated Naz over 12 rounds and taught him a lesson,when Naz tried to rough it up he got his head smashed into a ring post in the latter rounds.

I don't think Hatton is even capable of geting to the latter rounds as I think Mayweather will stop him inside of 6 rounds and there is nothing to suggest that Hatton can make the step to the Prem league against a Prem fighter who is in his prime.

You're saying the same about Mayweather people said about Tzu. And Lacy.

Basically, you're believing that yet another massively overhyped yank is something special and he simply isn't.

Hatton would worry Mayweather a great deal because he's not used to that sort of fight, to someone who comes forward relentlessly and can take his best shots.

And there's no reason the fight couldn't take place at the lower weight - Hatton would most likely be the only one left with a belt.

It won't happen though because Mayweather has no reason to step into a ring in which he might lose.

Did you not write this nibor?

Hatton will cause Mayweather problems and Mayweather won't stop Hatton. My money would be on Mayweather on points but to say that Mayweather is somehow special is laughable considering the fights he's ducked.

Or this?

What next nibor are you going to tell us that Calzaghe will knock out Bernard Hopkins?

Did you not write this nibor?

Or this?

What next nibor are you going to tell us that Calzaghe will knock out Bernard Hopkins?

I did write both, neither says Hatton will win.

I didn't expect Hatton to be stopped, I did expect him to cause Mayweather problems but probably lose. There are other threads on the subject you chose not to bump where I said the same. They were close on points according to the pundits (the yanks had Hatton in front) when the fight was stopped in the tenth, one punch aside Mayweather would have had a narrow points victory. Wow I am so gutted to be so far wrong.

However, if you wanted to dig up old threads to spend the festive period posting "I told you sos" like a school child I'd suggest you don't pick threads where you yourself have made bad predictions - or are you going to tell me that Mayweather took him apart and destroyed him?

I think you should stop posting on here because all you do is make yourself look like a complete tool every time, perhaps you should stick to sucking Dunceford's balls and slating Beckham on the pravda forum.

Quality stuff!!!!!!!

They may have been close according to the pundits but the judges whos scorecards actually count had Mayweather ahead 89-81, 89-81 88-82 which means out of 3 judges Ricky actually won one round out of nine (probably the fifth) before he headbutted the ringpost.

I do remember you going on about Mayweather being an over rated yank who was not as good as the hype suggests and you bizarrely compared him to Jeff Lacy who was never overhyped by anyone including the Americans who you seem to hate so much.Tszyu was an old man who hadn`t fought for nearly 2 years and was fighting in Hattons back yard but wasn`t being overhyped.

Just face facts nibor as the only fighter being over rated was Ricky Hatton who will struggle to come back from a real beating from the yank who will go down in history as one of the greatest fighters ever.Hatton must feel privaliged to have been knocked out by such a class act.

I will post on here whenever I like and wont be told by you where to post and where not to post.

Happy new year.............

Just face facts nibor as the only fighter being over rated was Ricky Hatton who will struggle to come back from a real beating from the yank who will go down in history as one of the greatest fighters ever.Hatton must feel privaliged to have been knocked out by such a class act.

I said Mayweather was overhyped like Lacy, I didn't compare them as boxers. The British media overhyped Hatton just as much, something they don't do with Calzaghe cos he's Welsh.

Anyway I think you should go look up the phrase "straw man argument" because that's exactly what you're doing, and even with that you were just as wrong as I was!

I guess I can excuse the fact that you spend your time on here bumping months old threads to say I told you so with a straw man given that your life as a Rovers fan must be so dull and depressing. You should get out more sad act.

Enjoy the basement in 2008!

Archived