IGNORED

Hello From America

Porkopolis

Ching would be a decent signing, remember him playing for the Sounders here. Not as good as the Cuban forward we had (I did pass his name along to the higher ups here at City), but Galindo, but seeing that he choose MLS over a bunch of decent Spanish teams, I don't think he'd sign with city. but he still is a stud and a much better signing than Ching (who would walk into the first team at City).

On a slight tangent, I am moving to British Columbia later this year. Any members of the Red Horde out there?

I'm in Seattle. There is someone here from BC as well just need to remember who. he's from up north in BC though. Where ya moving to?

Preston is coming on tour here in July (BC Seattle Portland)

Porkopolis was a nickname for the City of Cincinnati in the 19th Century. It was the main meat packing center for the United States; due to its many German immigrants, the primary meat was pork. Hence, the nickname.

To the poster who asked if I support the Cincinnati Reds: YES! I am a season ticket holder and go to almost all the games. Unfortunately they are the worst team in the National League this year. Oh well, it's still the best baseball in the world.

It doesn't have much competition though does it :tongue:

Hello all,

I'm a new City supporter from Cincinnati in the States. I've always loved English football but never truly picked a side. I started following City earlier this year when I learned I'd be spending two weeks in August singing at Wells Cathedral. I'll be in Bristol for a few days as well. I figured, hey lets check out some local clubs and proceeded to find matches and highlights. The internet is a beautiful thing for a foreign football fan. Anyway, I watched a few City matches and was hooked. I know my support is not the same as someone from the area, but I am in love with the club and am thrilled to have found this board. I look forward to hanging out here and hope I can contribute my own unique spin.

Are there any other Yanks on here? If so, I'd love to chat. I follow Columbus Crew of MLS, painful as that may be. I've been with them as long as the league has existed. Watching Bristol City this season reminded me of when the black and gold used to actually win matches.

Ah another Columbas fan :D I don't know if you know the same guy I know off of www.footiethreads.com but he has also followed them since the start. Good to see you here. :)

I'm in Seattle. There is someone here from BC as well just need to remember who. he's from up north in BC though. Where ya moving to?

Preston is coming on tour here in July (BC Seattle Portland)

Early days, but would almost certainly be Greater Vancouver. Hoping to get over into Washington State for shopping etc.

Saw a documentary about Kurt Cobain last night; Aberdeen looks a bit grim!

Early days, but would almost certainly be Greater Vancouver. Hoping to get over into Washington State for shopping etc.

I've been to Washington state but never to Seattle. I've heard it's a spectacular city and I hope to get there someday. I've never been to BC, either, but loved Ontario and Quebec.

Aberdeen was/is a logging community and with not much in the way of logging it probably the northwest's equivalent of a Coal mining town, only opposite politically as this is america and all the poor support the party of the rich. His old house is right by the beach on the lake I go to.

Are there any other Yanks on here? If so, I'd love to chat. I follow Columbus Crew of MLS, painful as that may be.

Yes, been a true 'Yank' my entire life born and raised in New York in the shadows of the city itself on Long Island. Never been to Bristol but have been following coming on 8 years now and as die-hard a fan as you'll find even in the pubs down the block from Ashton Gate. Don't give a hoot or a holler about the lame MLS and will continue to feel the same way until they wise up and add some promotion/relegation into the system, though, I did actually watch the LA v. Chelsea game that was on TV the other week, mainly because it was against Chelsea, though. If Beckham's first match in the states was against the Houston Dynamo or something I might not have gone out of my way to watch it.

I've had the story on here in the past in detail, but the short version of it was, When I was first introduced to English Soccer/Football, I actually had just a big long list of all the clubs (As I was picking a team to 'manage' in Championship Manager) from the Premier down through Division Three (at the time). I just scrolled through the list and made note of a few team names that interested me, one of which was Bristol, which shares the name of a favorite racetrack of mine here in the states. Then I had the option of Bristol City or Bristol Rovers, and, since I didn't have a clue in heck what a "Rover" was, I chose Bristol City.

I actually didn't start supporting City then, just playing with them on this management game I played for a bit. Then to wrap up the story quick, one day I was sitting on a computer killing time and decided to run a search for Bristol City, was pointed towards bcfc.co.uk and put two and two together, happened to be during the season and I started following, and it's gone from just checking on the results to now listening to every single match bright and early Saturday mornings and having a room filled with different Bristol City memorabilia I've been able to collect when the exchange ratio wasn't absolutely killer!

Theres no fun in supporting a team that's already winning anyway. But, it's also no fun supporting a team as horrible as the gas. Bristol City are a perfect fit :)

I've had the story on here in the past in detail, but the short version of it was, When I was first introduced to English Soccer/Football, I actually had just a big long list of all the clubs (As I was picking a team to 'manage' in Championship Manager) from the Premier down through Division Three (at the time). I just scrolled through the list and made note of a few team names that interested me, one of which was Bristol, which shares the name of a favorite racetrack of mine here in the states. Then I had the option of Bristol City or Bristol Rovers, and, since I didn't have a clue in heck what a "Rover" was, I chose Bristol City.

I actually didn't start supporting City then, just playing with them on this management game I played for a bit. Then to wrap up the story quick, one day I was sitting on a computer killing time and decided to run a search for Bristol City, was pointed towards bcfc.co.uk and put two and two together, happened to be during the season and I started following, and it's gone from just checking on the results to now listening to every single match bright and early Saturday mornings and having a room filled with different Bristol City memorabilia I've been able to collect when the exchange ratio wasn't absolutely killer!

Theres no fun in supporting a team that's already winning anyway. But, it's also no fun supporting a team as horrible as the gas. Bristol City are a perfect fit :)

Smart work fella.

You really need to get over to the Arena Of Pain And Ecstacy though. Get your arse over to the Gate! You know you want to.

SI

Yup, I used to poke around there. I was much more active in the bugs & editor specific forums for CM/FM, but there was a stretch in there where I got involved in the OTF area as well, especially when Kris would post board stats, I always made the list as one of the top lurkers. :)

Archived