IGNORED

Swindon In The Last Chance Saloon

Eddie Hitler

I won't add my commentary as these guys know a lot more about it than I do. Link is to the official Swindon site and their official statement is indeed laughable. Just 9 days from disaster:

Official Statement

And from Rivals:

NW6Red Posted on 21/6 13:17 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

re: Latest club statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbelievable. We're six and a half working days from the CVA deadline and - despite what KR may wish to believe - liquidation. So do they issue a statement to reassure the fans and the creditors? Do they ######. They come out with an attack on one of the club's major creditors!!!

And how come they're still trying to say that the £900,000 payment was dependent on the ground redevelopment when it has been pointed out to them on numerous occasions that it isn't?

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW!

Ardiles Posted on 21/6 13:37 Email this Message | Edit | Reply

re: It's very easy to blame the current board but

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even now, the penny appears not to have dropped with Andronikou that the payment of the £900k CVA liability on June 30th is NOT contingent on a successful ground redevelopment. The fans have been pointing this out to him for at least the last 6 months. You couldn't make this up.

The board have run out of ideas now, and completely lost the plot. It's over. They have 9 days to save the club...9 days to strike a deal with Bill Power.

Get on with it, Diamandis. Now.

Great news, their fans are mouth merchants of the highest order

I'm surprised to hear a football fan saying that. The only club I'd like to see go bust and disappear is MK Dons as they turned their back on their own fans.

Though there are quite a few I'd like to see struggle and get relegated :devil:

Sorry Frank, we all know its another false alarm and I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. It wont happen.

I don't like this "football fan" b***ocks. The type of shit typicle of the post 96 era.

I want Swindon to survive (and I agree that clubs generally do struggle through this sort of thing) because:

I want Swindon fans to care if we have problems

I want some half decent clubs within easy travelling distance for derby(ish) games

I want City to be better than and beat local clubs and we can only do this if they're playing at a reasonable level.

It's self interest, not dewey-eyed When Saturday Comes football mysticism.

I want Swindon to survive (and I agree that clubs generally do struggle through this sort of thing) because:

I want Swindon fans to care if we have problems

I want some half decent clubs within easy travelling distance for derby(ish) games

I want City to be better than and beat local clubs and we can only do this if they're playing at a reasonable level.

It's self interest, not dewey-eyed When Saturday Comes football mysticism.

On the other hand, it's in our interests for local rivals to go bust. It expands our market. Imagine being the biggest club support wise in Bristol, somerset AND Wiltshire.

On the other hand, it's in our interests for local rivals to go bust. It expands our market. Imagine being the biggest club support wise in Bristol, somerset AND Wiltshire.

More likely people will lose intrerest in football.

Somebody resurrected the John Hall comment about it not making sense for Bristol to have two clubs. My response to that was the biggest clubs in British football are big because of local rivalry, not through lack of competition:

Liverpool / Everton - in a smaller city than Bristol

Man City / Man Utd

Spurs / Arsenal

Rangers / Celtic

The only really big club not on that list is Chelsea, and prior to Abramovich they were nothing special.

More likely people will lose intrerest in football.

Somebody resurrected the John Hall comment about it not making sense for Bristol to have two clubs. My response to that was the biggest clubs in British football are big because of local rivalry, not through lack of competition:

Liverpool / Everton - in a smaller city than Bristol

Man City / Man Utd

Spurs / Arsenal

Rangers / Celtic

The only really big club not on that list is Chelsea, and prior to Abramovich they were nothing special.

Our record attendance isn't against Rovers though, so I don't see why local rivalry is important.

Not many people will care or think that it matters but Scarboro went 'pop' this week. They are no more. Another lower level 'grass roots' club that cannot keep afloat while certain premiership players get paid the equivalent of several years turnover.

Despite the hatred do we really, REALLY want Swindle to disappear?

I would rather see the premier league get vaporized by an alien death ray and let some reality back in to the game.

The sad truth is that a lot of clubs are teetering on the edge of the void, only held together by tenous and fragile re financing and loan deals.

Football is dying mate, sad but true.

The article references a guy going by the name of Rod Bluh. Is this a real name or just one that the guy who wrote the article made up? Seems to me that the writer meant to go back and insert the correct name once he'd looked it up - then the phone rang.

Roderick Bluh is an accountant and former partner at the Swindon and Newbury based firm, Banks Ltd.

I don't want to see them go out of existence either - but how many times are Swindon going to get away with this ?

They're in financial trouble almost every season, and they always manage to wriggle out of it.

And then the next season the cheque-book is out again as they try to buy success.

Shouldnt the FA or some other organisation sit them down and tell them its time they started living within their means ?

They might be a growing "new town", but they're a little club and its time they realised that.

Liverpool a smaller City than Bristol ???? It's nigh on twice the populace.

Well 10% anyway, though I have read elsewhere that Bristol is bigger. And on thsi we're bigger than Manchester. Must depend where you draw the boundary:

Name Adm. C C 2001-04-29

1 London LON 7,172,091

2 Birmingham WML 970,892

3 Liverpool MER 469,017

4 Leeds WYS 443,247

5 Sheffield SYS 439,866

6 Bristol BRI 420,556

7 Manchester MAN 394,269

8 Leicester LEI 330,574

9 Coventry WML 303,475

10 Kingston upon Hull KUH 301,416

11 Bradford WYS 293,717

link

I'm sorry my friend but for many centuries Bristol was the second City and while slightly smaller than Liverpool is still in the top 11

Cities, towns & districts

London 7,074,265

Birmingham 1,020,589

Leeds 726,939

Glasgow 616,430

Sheffield 530,375

Bradford 483,422

Liverpool 467,995

Edinburgh 448,850

Manchester 430,818

Bristol 399,633

Across the country many people do not not realise this is the case, while Bristolian football fans cannot fathom why we remain the most underachieving major City in England, in football terms. Hopefully all that will change over the next few seasons.

(Dear Frank Hovis

where did you get your stats.?)

Not many people will care or think that it matters but Scarboro went 'pop' this week. They are no more. Another lower level 'grass roots' club that cannot keep afloat while certain premiership players get paid the equivalent of several years turnover.

Despite the hatred do we really, REALLY want Swindle to disappear?

I would rather see the premier league get vaporized by an alien death ray and let some reality back in to the game.

The sad truth is that a lot of clubs are teetering on the edge of the void, only held together by tenous and fragile re financing and loan deals.

Football is dying mate, sad but true.

Strange,they are apparantly putting in a bid for Akinfenwa for 50k,and have agreed another 50k for Plymouth defender Alijofree,funny they have found a bit of dosh to sign players?? :dunno:

Strange,they are apparantly putting in a bid for Akinfenwa for 50k,and have agreed another 50k for Plymouth defender Alijofree,funny they have found a bit of dosh to sign players?? :dunno:

Akinfenwa is a Bosman free, but Aljofree is a £50k deal, and both will want signing on fees to reflect their respective 3 year deals.Meanwhile like C*rdiff a few years back, they'll soon go cap in hand to the PFA, when they can't pay wages.

If they are on the point of potentially going bust,they are hardly behaving in a financially responsible manner!!

Akinfenwa is a Bosman free, but Aljofree is a £50k deal, and both will want signing on fees to reflect their respective 3 year deals.Meanwhile like C*rdiff a few years back, they'll soon go cap in hand to the PFA, when they can't pay wages.

If they are on the point of potentially going bust,they are hardly behaving in a financially responsible manner!!

Exactly - and they'll keep on taking the proverbial until the PFA or the FA stand up to them.

Seriously, who would want to be a creditor at a club like that ?

But are we surprised ? Not at all, they've been doing this for years. Almost every season there's the threat of Swindon going bust, and nothing comes of it. If they really are in financial doo-doo, then the League will have slapped a ban on them signing players.

We have got a CVA payment that needs to be payed in 9 days time, also 7 working days.

The current bored do not have the money to pay it.

The current bored were trying to re-negotiate the CVA payment, but the Swindon Borough Council who are owed money from the CVA have said they want the money on that day.

All this mean we could go bust, BUT, as Bill Power is waiting to take over the club, the courts will not let us go bust as there is a rescue package waiting and Bill Power could pay off the CVA in one hit.

So if the current bored to not get there act on and quickly talk to Bill Power now while they have the chance, they will be forced to leave in 9 days time.

I hope that makes it clearer for you, I think thats right.

We have got a CVA payment that needs to be payed in 9 days time, also 7 working days.

The current bored were trying to re-negotiate the CVA payment, but the Swindon Borough Council who are owed money from the CVA have said they want the money on that day.

All this mean we could go bust, BUT, as Bill Power is waiting to take over the club, the courts will not let us go bust as there is a rescue package waiting and Bill Power could pay off the CVA in one hit.

So if the current bored to not get there act on and quickly talk to Bill Power now while they have the chance, they will be forced to leave in 9 days time.

i thought he was in talks with QPR

isn't he the geezer that decided to try landing his plane on the 14th tee at Denham Golf Club?

is his son OK now?

isn't he the geezer that decided to try landing his plane on the 14th tee at Denham Golf Club?

is his son OK now?

It was Mark Devlin's son (who is fine now) but Bill Power was injured in the crash.

It's not something that has just come out of the woodwork - we, the fans, have been bemoaning the boards totally inability to sort this out for quite some time... They claim that someone is going to come in eventually with substantial funds but we've heard that all before - this episode can be solved to the Bill Power and supporters consortium.

Football eh.

:laugh: The way you have spelt 'board' sums it up really.

:reaper:

from the 2001 census...

1 London 7,172,091 City

2 Birmingham 970,892 City

3 Glasgow 629,501 City

4 Liverpool 469,017 City

5 Leeds 443,247 City

6 Sheffield 439,866 City

7 Edinburgh 430,082 City

8 Bristol 420,556 City

although i have to say this looks rather odd without Manchester, I have also seen Glasgow paraded around as having over 800k. It often depends on which areas are included in the stats.. for example, Croydon is over 400,000 and not included in the figure above even though it is in Greater London. I doubt Kingswood is included in the Bristol stat either which has to be about 150-200k??

Archived