IGNORED

Nottingham Back Pages

Port Said Red

I also know Stoke were sniffing around as well from that google search so we shall see.

BTW.. you or anybody know the latest on the Grote? assume we have backed off after 3 apparent failed bids

I don't think he'd be welcome back at Stoke after the way he left.

I never claim to "know" anything. But since we haven't heard anything more it's safe to assume we've moved on. 3 increasing bids is probably the most we'd do and the links to Commons and Sproule suggest that.

Doesnt sound like the chairman holds on to too much hope of keeping him, might as well start talking about him now in the papers and hope he attracts lots of attention and then starts a bidding war, bit I'm sure his agent will tell him to hold off until his contract runs out and choose the best financial package available.

In all fairness, most of those rumours in The Sun do have substance. Either the players sign for the mentioned clubs, or are later reported to have turned the clubs down.

I know it doesn't have a good reputation, but I usually find that they are quite accurate.

The thought of Commons down one wing and Sproule down the other is an awesome one if it came off. All we'd need then is a couple of decent strikers to convert the supply. Be surprised if he came though, especially if the rumour about him buying a new house in the Notts area are true.

I'd put money on him returning to Stoke personally...

Just back from working in Nottingham where I saw the back page of their local rag. I know some were suggesting this guy as a target so I thought I would share it.

They are in talks with Commons over a sizeable new contract but, if he doesn't sign, they want offers of between £1m and £1.5m !

They claim they have not had offers from Wolves or Leicester as reported but one championship club had "made an enquiry". If it was SL, I hope he said "thanks, but no thanks". I know they have to pay for their fancy white elephant, sorry, New Stadium but that seems a ridiculous price for a guy with one year left on his contract.

It was Cardiff, they have since had there transfer kitty taken away and put into the stadium fund.

Reports in the Daily Star say that Forest have slapped a 1.5 mil price tag on Commons. Interest from Leicester, Wolves and Bristol City

As someone has pointed out, the can "slap" any price tag on they like, but they will only get what the tribunal give them.

Commons looks to be staying put chaps

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=4...rss&clid=17

Skysports.com understands Kris Commons has decided to stay at Nottingham Forest.

The midfielder has been considering his options, with his Forest contract due to expire over the weekend.

He has promised to give manager Colin Calderwood a decision on Friday and he is expected to agree a new deal at the City Ground.

Commons has been interesting several Championship clubs, but he seems likely to disappoint his many suitors.

The former Stoke City winger, though, is unlikely to sign a long-term contract to stay at Forest.

It is understood he wants to keep his options open for the time being and is expected to sign a short-term deal to remain with the League One club.

Commons looks to be staying put chaps

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=4...rss&clid=17

Skysports.com understands Kris Commons has decided to stay at Nottingham Forest.

The midfielder has been considering his options, with his Forest contract due to expire over the weekend.

He has promised to give manager Colin Calderwood a decision on Friday and he is expected to agree a new deal at the City Ground.

Commons has been interesting several Championship clubs, but he seems likely to disappoint his many suitors.

The former Stoke City winger, though, is unlikely to sign a long-term contract to stay at Forest.

It is understood he wants to keep his options open for the time being and is expected to sign a short-term deal to remain with the League One club.

Fair play to him if he stays, loyalty a rare thing in football these days

Archived